Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Sometimes I think I'm the only one who...  (Read 3756 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Sometimes I think I'm the only one who...
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2011, 12:35:18 am »

I still wonder if I'm the only one that barges into topics toady just posted in hoping to see another ban. I really don't know why I fixate on wanting to see that so much.

... You're definitely not alone >_> <_<

So... when are you going to start studying something useful or interesting? Like, what are you going to do with a math degree? Accounting or finance? Don't you know there's no money in that! If you were smart, like me, you would do something with a bit more of a stable career future, like Drama.

Surprisingly enough, the person who gives me the most crap in all this majored in Communications and wanted to end up on Broadway.

Also, I've been asked if I was going to go into secretarial work =/
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2011, 12:37:09 am »

Also, I am the only person to my knowledge to have such a strange set of seemingly non-sequitur thought processes. But they do lead to some very interesting stories that develop in my head...
That describes both statements above. You're not alone. Hell, I've developed an entire universe made up on non-sequiturs. It's not a place for the sane.
Sanity? ...You DO know that most people get to B12 through DF, right? We don't know what sanity is down here.

And I've developed an entire series of multiverses based on only connections made in my head between various objects.
For the first sentence, that's one of many things I love about this place (to it's own extent, of course). For the second, I did the same except with just about everything I've been a fan of (think of it like TvTropes, The Universe), mix in a bit of my life, and connect it to this reality, and you've got absolute functional mayhem. Most common example: Star Wars meets Star Trek meets Doctor Who meets... Lexx. Yeah, as if that (crossover melting pot) universe wasn't scary enough; and that's only a grain of sand on this desert. Let's toss in the games and stories I've been a fan of, and let's not forget that it evolves as I age, so Dwarf Fortress and Borderlands are included with just about everything else I've laid my eyes across. I can't tell if it became Heaven or Hell, but either way, I want to live there in my next life.

EDIT:
Oh yeah, I forgot to include that the theologies and environments based on them in all series are intermixed as well (including the Bible and all current-day religions in Real Life; I doubt there's such a thing as an immortal unkillable god/angel/demon here). Yeah, I've got multi-verse God wars and battles between the many heavens and hells going on. Hell, a system made up of gas giant-to-star sized Earth-like worlds had to be developed to contain all the wars of Mankind and many other species/races, just to keep galactic collateral damage to a minimum by them. Apparently a star system going kerplooie is a regular occurrence here in order to require at least one of these macro-star-systems in this multiverse.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2011, 12:54:04 am by Itnetlolor »

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2011, 12:38:25 am »

I still wonder if I'm the only one that barges into topics toady just posted in hoping to see another ban. I really don't know why I fixate on wanting to see that so much.

It's not just you.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2011, 12:39:03 am »

I do that as well.

Accounting or finance?

With a math degree? Let me laugh heartily.

Nobody else appreciates seasoned verbal debate anymore. I can hardly find anybody who won't cry when they have to discuss something with me.

I seem to have the same issue. When I talk to people they always assume I wish to say something.

Anyway: Some times I feel that I am the only one who does not assume the worst about things and people off the bat.

Like this thread. I thought it would be another whinny 14 year old talking about how the world is so simple man and if we just got our head out of our asses and followed this plan he is surprised no one has ever thought of…
« Last Edit: May 10, 2011, 12:41:29 am by Criptfeind »

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 10, 2011, 12:39:39 am »

Sanity? ...You DO know that most people get to B12 through DF, right? We don't know what sanity is down here.

I'm very sure I'm the only one here that hates this stupid, insipid, very childish and self entitling "Joke" that everyone that posts here has to endure at least 20 times a month.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2011, 12:40:58 am »

Not really.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2011, 12:41:27 am »

I'm very sure I'm the only one here that hates this stupid, insipid, very childish and self entitling "Joke" that everyone that posts here has to endure at least 20 times a month.

I'm assuming that's typo'd.  Because, seriously...
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2011, 12:42:47 am »

Well okay but it FEELS like I am since no one shuts up about it. Vocal minority and all that I guess.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 10, 2011, 12:45:20 am »

Plenty of people don't make the joke. I just try to remember that, like puberty, referencing DF ad nauseam is a phase everyone (who comes to Bay12) has to get through.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 10, 2011, 12:45:58 am »

The sanity thing is a very thoroughly beaten horse by this point, much like Cake, Sparta, and Rickroll.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 10, 2011, 12:47:41 am »

Surprisingly enough, the person who gives me the most crap in all this majored in Communications and wanted to end up on Broadway.

Couldn't get into a conservatory program? Or even a liberal arts theatre program? If you really want to get into acting, a Communications degree is not the way to go. A Bachelor's in Drama is also not really the way to go. It's like majoring in Medieval History because you want to be a knight.
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

TherosPherae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 10, 2011, 12:48:07 am »

quotestack snip'd
For the first sentence, that's one of many things I love about this place. For the second, I did the same except with just about everything I've been a fan of (think of it like TvTropes, The Universe), mix in a bit of my life, and connect it to this reality, and you've got absolute functional mayhem.
Mine is pretty much a story in which every connection that exists between two things in my heads is exhibited, executed, or mocked in some way. Which means that you end up with apples getting eaten by giant Cthulhoid worms and economics books sniffing ground-up cologne powder. Yeah, I dunno either, I try not to spend too much time in my imaginary multiverse.

Also, I think I'm one of the few people who will actually get hot and open their window in the wintertime. When it's like 10 below. And snowing. At night. And I live with a very badly-insulated door connecting to the badly-insulated garage in my room. I do not understand how my room gets so dang HOT.

And Janet, sorry for posting something that you see as so overused. I actually hadn't noticed it like that before, and have actually found it mildly amusing. But that's just me.
Quote from: Aqizzar
Being vengeance and the night could only be improved by being the ballpunching vengeful night.
Quote from: Cthulhu
Gotham's mysteriously high mental illness rate isn't so mysterious when you find out Batman thinks subduing a guy means spiking his head into the pavement like a football.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 10, 2011, 12:49:34 am »

Couldn't get into a conservatory program? Or even a liberal arts theatre program? If you really want to get into acting, a Communications degree is not the way to go. A Bachelor's in Drama is also not really the way to go. It's like majoring in Medieval History because you want to be a knight.

Didn't have enough money to follow her dreams, because her father refused to pay taxes and she was unable to get state aid to help her go to college.

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 10, 2011, 12:51:27 am »

If she truly wanted (wants?) it, she should try to make a bid into acting without the formal education.
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 10, 2011, 12:53:48 am »

If she truly wanted (wants?) it, she should try to make a bid into acting without the formal education.

She did.  Didn't help that she lived in Serious Podunkville.

*sigh*

It was just one of those things that wasn't going to work out.  She really seems a bit too overacted for it to work, too... I saw only one of her plays, but just watching her made me tense.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5