Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Plump Helmet Man Eggs  (Read 1140 times)

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
Plump Helmet Man Eggs
« on: May 09, 2011, 09:26:12 pm »

Code: [Select]
[LAYS_UNUSUAL_EGGS:PLANT:MUSHROOM_HELMET_PLUMP]This should make a plump helmet man (or woman, as the case may be) lay plump helmets as eggs.  You may now proceed to rip up your farmlands.  I know there's been interest in a non-farming fort that still has booze, and it occurs to me that we have perfectly mod-able plant men!  I may expand upon this in hideous ways and make a whole race of plant men, for the above and underground, which produce edible plants.  I may make them shearable instead of eggable though.

Thoughts?

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
Re: Plump Helmet Man Eggs
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2011, 09:28:35 pm »

Too bad you can't name the eggs; to preserve plump helmet man reproduction in case you want more, it might be better to leave their eggs as plump helmet man spawn or something, and then harvest them for vegetable plump helmets (as you suggest).
...as if nothing really matters...

The Legend of Tholtig Cryptbrain: 8000 dead elves and a cyclops

Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2011, 09:40:44 pm »

If a creature lays unusual eggs, it seems incapable of laying regular eggs, at least last I heard.  However, I've heard mention of using live birth and unusual eggs, but I can't be arsed to look into that.  Either way, a shearable muscle layer would return edible meat, but this would be treated as meat and not as a plant, and would therefore require a custom reaction to make brewable.  Unless someone else has a valid idea?  I wonder if you can modify the butcher products to be plants instead of meat, if that would produce usable plant material.  Fat is one example where it's butchered into globs rather than whatever it would normally, so perhaps it can be done with plants...

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2011, 09:56:19 pm »

Code: [Select]
[LAYS_UNUSUAL_EGGS:PLANT:MUSHROOM_HELMET_PLUMP]

Technically, that should be [LAYS_UNUSUAL_EGGS:PLANT:NONE:PLANT_MAT:MUSHROOM_HELMET_PLUMP:STRUCTURAL].
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.