Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13

Author Topic: Breakfastcudgels (a game of random death)  (Read 24299 times)

ashton1993

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Breakfastcudgels (a game of random death)
« Reply #105 on: June 21, 2011, 04:23:34 pm »

Sorry this is taking a while (doing loads of admin in the stocks window (unforbidding, forbidding, manager orders, that kind of stuff), naturally my dwarf is a manager but the spring probably won't be up until tommrow night, also can I ask for a second turn now? Or must I complete this one first?
Wow, that's actually really friggin' awesome looking.
That is brilliant.
That is hilarious, Ashton. I love it.
OMG yes!!!  Thank you!!!

Totally not a narcissist.

billybobfred

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONOUN: she:her:hers:herself]
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: June 21, 2011, 05:32:59 pm »

I might change "Prisoners receive raw plump helmets and plain dwavern wine" too "Prisoners receive raw plump helmets and water
No booze?! No dwarf deserves that, not even the most vile treasonous scum of a murderer!
urist mcgeorg, who lives in boatmurdered and makes over 10,000 bad decisions each day,

Microcline

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: June 21, 2011, 05:45:00 pm »

I'll sign up for another year

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: June 22, 2011, 05:37:29 pm »

I will take a turn whenever you can fit me in.
Pm me when it is my turn.

"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

ashton1993

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: June 22, 2011, 08:53:17 pm »

1st Granite 242
Finally, the fortress overseer stepped down, it’s about time someone sensible had some control around here... hmm, there’s about a month’s worth of paperwork to do though, the militia is completely disorganized, the mayor is living like a peasant and we don’t even have a working jail!

Well that’s all going to be changed as manager I’ll sort this place out, hmm the dutch wants to see me as well something about his recent traumatic experience with a tomb, reckon I’ll just ignore him for now.

2nd Granite 242

Well it’s only been a single day and one of the peasants randomly suffocated in the dining hall, no one is really sure why but I’m going to assume he tried to eat too much at once

4th Granite 242

Dammit, what’s wrong with this place! Well here I am inspecting the fortress and I notice a floodgate randomly built into a wall for apparently no purpose so I demand it’s removal coming back a few hours and waters pouring out, someone could have told me about the aquifer but apparently nobody thought it was important. I’ll have some people block it up tomorrow or something.

6th Granite 242
Well at least that’s one thing sorted, I’ve arranged the military into some organized squads and recruited two swords dwarfs, for the most part I equipped them with iron armour though a few have steel and bronze items too.
The inky trenches - 3 swords
The west swords - 4 axes
The ashen arches - 4 axes
The remarkable vessels - 3 hammers
The geared twinkles - 3 crossbows

8th Granite 242

Well it appears the water from the aquifer couldn’t be contained, at this point I just decided to evacuate the level and lock the door - probably best to forget about it, worst of all that’s where we keep the booze! Ah... we’ll just make more.

Speaking of which we had a small dispute other whether prisoners should be given alcohol, I would have left the wretches without it though a previous overseer disagreed. It was decided they would be allowed to drink the worst wine we could give them at the newly completed jail.

9th Granite 242
Well being awfully busy lately I’ve not had time to roll the dice - the death dice. As our tradition dictates, fortunately rather than come up with a delicate plan for selecting the dwarf to sacrifice it appears I conveniently have a one-hundred-and-forty-nine sided dice which I keep on me at all times, I think this could well be what the gods meant it for.

Each number corresponds to a dwarf on the also conveniently numbered list of dwarfs I made the other day - the dice rolls, and spins, then jumps and explodes into many tiny fragments, this doesn’t make sense! I gather up the shards of the dice - there’s 9 of them, my eyes flick to dwarf number line on the list.

“Ashton” - Manager

This sucks. Hard.

10th Granite 242

Well I’ve decided this fortress still needs me, I can’t give up as soon as the paperwork is complete I’ll start building my tomb, and means of death. It also appears the flooding has had some bad repercussions, every single plump helmet spawn was contained on that level, I’ll have to find some other way to get food here soon.

12th Granite 242
Hmm... well time to get my plans into action there’s about 40-50 people idling doing nothing, I’ve re-assigned everyone’s labours to try and get some efficiency going, I had a bit of a difficulty with one dwarf both a legendary lumberjack and engraver, I decided the best course of action would be to train a new woodcutter.

13th Granite 242
Elderont came into my office today and we had a talk, after going through the equipment for each of the troops a powerful artefact axe was found, he can’t use it as a swords dwarf but insists Morul Koldeduk wields it, the militia captain of some axe dwarfs, seeing the veteran beat up badly I grant his request, when the doctors report came in they said he wouldn’t be able to use his right hand ever again due to some severed nerves, apparently he also has a stomach infection which I sympathize with a bit less though he seems to have been beat up pretty bad nether less.

I told him about me being the sacrifice, and he congratulated me on having such an honour and then reminisced about how he had sealed the fate of a sacrifice once himself; yes I suppose really it was an honour, and doubly mine for I am in control of it!

14th Granite 242

Sorted out the mayors accommodations today, until now he’d living like a peasant, admirable though he deserves better.

15th Granite 242
Ablel a previous sacrifice seems to have his resting site directly below the flood waters and due to the fancy machinery above I fear something I don’t understand might cause a flood, regrettably I seal his resting site from the rest of the fortress and hope the gods don’t frown on this too harshly.
One of the doctors I’ve appointed invited me to a party, unfortunately I still had some work to do and whilst I could have taken time of what sort of example would that set?

17th Granite 242
Hmm... Curious the hospital door was locked, well either way I unlocked it

18th Granite 242
Curiosity has taken the better of me and I decide too see what each of the previous leaders is up too:

Dhokarena56 - Captain of the guard and broker
Elderont - Militia commander
Futility - The fortresses only chef (legendary)
Savolainen5 - A mediocre leather worker
Billybobfred - dead?
Microline - legendary blacksmith

20th Granite 242
Well I’ve decided how to fix the food problem, half the dogs have been sent to the slaughterhouse and quarry bush leaves are now being grown instead, I hope it works

21st Granite 242

The outside of the fortress seems rather vulnerable to attack so I’ve ordered for the enemies to be forced down an outside corridor before they can get into the fortress, at the other end (before turning into the fortress) there will be fortifications with ballista’s behind it, perfect!

23rd Granite 242
The dutch says he feels better about tombs now, still don’t know what he means but so long as he’s happy my neck is safe - at least until the end of the year

25th Granite 242
For some strange reason the marks dwarfs aren’t training properly, I send them to train some war dogs whilst i think about it for a bit

26th Granite 242

Butchering half the dogs seems to be working, our food supply is stabilizing and alchol runs once more through bellies of thirsty dwarfs!
« Last Edit: June 22, 2011, 09:09:06 pm by ashton1993 »
That is brilliant.
OMG yes!!!  Thank you!!!

billybobfred

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONOUN: she:her:hers:herself]
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: June 22, 2011, 09:11:47 pm »

What, why am I dead?
urist mcgeorg, who lives in boatmurdered and makes over 10,000 bad decisions each day,

ashton1993

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: June 22, 2011, 09:16:56 pm »

What, why am I dead?
Well when looking for you and everyone else I just searched "has nickname" on dwarf therapist, billybobfred and also nothing like it was there so I presumed you had died during microline's turn
That is brilliant.
OMG yes!!!  Thank you!!!

Microcline

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: June 22, 2011, 10:29:27 pm »

What, why am I dead?
Well when looking for you and everyone else I just searched "has nickname" on dwarf therapist, billybobfred and also nothing like it was there so I presumed you had died during microline's turn

I can confirm this.  Looking back at my save files, it seems billybobfred was one of the many dwarves to die during the battle with the goblins at the twin bridges.  I found him resting in a bed after the battle with a fractured spine and fractures and cuts on his right arm and left leg.  This is what I can find from the combat logs:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

futility

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: June 22, 2011, 11:23:50 pm »

Woot, only and best chef! BTW filiusenox I'm adding you before the 2nd round, but anyone from here on goes to the end of the list.

Conan

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm running out of stone!
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: June 22, 2011, 11:31:31 pm »

I find it funny that you are going to have to orchestrate your own death.

Maybe you could go the insane dwarf way and start making your log more and more demented/absurd, like your dwarf is obsessed with his upcoming death.

ashton1993

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: June 23, 2011, 07:01:32 am »

I find it funny that you are going to have to orchestrate your own death.

Maybe you could go the insane dwarf way and start making your log more and more demented/absurd, like your dwarf is obsessed with his upcoming death.

Well I was intending to leave my dwarf outside and flood the entire world with magma sooo.... does that count?  :P

EDIT: also he'll be in his tower/tomb which should all flood except for the towers top level controlling the lever which stops the magma
« Last Edit: June 23, 2011, 07:10:10 am by ashton1993 »
That is brilliant.
OMG yes!!!  Thank you!!!

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: June 23, 2011, 10:51:55 am »

I can take a turn now.

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

Elderont

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: June 24, 2011, 08:45:49 am »

I checked the save and I do have a lot of scars and yellow wounds. It also seems I carry no armor nor weapon!

futility

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: June 26, 2011, 12:25:58 am »

ashton, you still playin there?

futility

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: June 27, 2011, 07:41:10 pm »

I'm gonna be out of town for a week.  I doubt it'll make much of a difference, but you'll guys have to take care of any minor administration (bugging the next in line etc).  See ya next Tuesday!
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13