Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13

Author Topic: Breakfastcudgels (a game of random death)  (Read 24298 times)

Elderont

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Breakfastcudgels (a game of random death)
« Reply #60 on: June 01, 2011, 09:41:46 am »

The Well is definitely betraying us and letting those FBs pass! Sacrifice it!

futility

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 01, 2011, 11:34:36 am »

One thing you could do to get the guy on the grate is: 1) make him a militia captain 2) set up an alert for his "squad" that has a burrow on the grate 3) activate the alert.  I think this should work, though tbh I've never tried it.

ashton1993

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 01, 2011, 12:32:14 pm »

Sign me up, looks pretty good  :D
Wow, that's actually really friggin' awesome looking.
That is brilliant.
That is hilarious, Ashton. I love it.
OMG yes!!!  Thank you!!!

Totally not a narcissist.

Savolainen5

• Bay Watcher
  • This is a wug.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 02, 2011, 01:10:47 pm »

All right, I FINALLY managed to get the sacrifices to the proper place.  It's not efficient, but I did indeed end up putting them in their own squads and then finagling with stationing until they go to the place.  The update's coming up now!  Sorry for having taken SO LONG!
A small creature sometimes found on paper.  It is small.  Its eyes are black. It is adored by children for its cuteness.
(On a picture of cavies):
We see a family of small land rodents.
Dwarfs see masterpiece roasts.

futility

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 05, 2011, 11:30:16 pm »

You about done there Savo?

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 06, 2011, 04:10:34 am »

I'll take a turn and a dorf, any legendary, preferably something with smithing. If no legendaries, any smith.

Savolainen5

• Bay Watcher
  • This is a wug.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 06, 2011, 12:30:51 pm »

Oh yeah, sorry, didn't I mention that I was done?  I've posted the save and everything!  I just had edited the post for the Winter!
A small creature sometimes found on paper.  It is small.  Its eyes are black. It is adored by children for its cuteness.
(On a picture of cavies):
We see a family of small land rodents.
Dwarfs see masterpiece roasts.

futility

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 06, 2011, 04:30:10 pm »

Ah ok.  I've sent a PM to Crazy Cow for his turn.  If he doesn't get back in 2 days, it'll be billybobfred.

Elderont

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 06, 2011, 08:43:27 pm »

Nice temple.

And to the next overseer.

Give me mah god damn soldiars, or I'll put a bloody sword up your throaaat!

futility

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 08, 2011, 01:27:54 pm »

Looks like Crazy Cow isn't gonna make it.  Notifying the next in line.

billybobfred

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONOUN: she:her:hers:herself]
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 09, 2011, 01:55:18 pm »

o.o

It's my turn, then?
urist mcgeorg, who lives in boatmurdered and makes over 10,000 bad decisions each day,

futility

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 09, 2011, 02:46:03 pm »

Indeed, I sent you a PM with the save.

billybobfred

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 10, 2011, 12:39:19 pm »

1st Granite
Apparently there's some sort of succession crisis going on? I didn't know our rulership was in question. I didn't know it could be in question.

That's not the really weird part. Apparently, through some mix-up in the paperwork, I've been appointed as the interim overseer. There's no way I was intended to take that job, but I'm not complaining. They'll figure it out on their own.

First order of business. My wife and I need proper living quarters.

Oh yeah, abusing power for personal gain. Nothing like it.

5th Granite
The baroness just informed me that she has a mandate outstanding for toy axes. I guess the stonecrafters can get right on that?

And she needs better living conditions. Fine whatever.

6th Granite

Um.

I've just been confronted by a spirit of the dead. Apparently we need to make one sacrifice per year. He (?) was a previous sacrifice, so he knows the system quite well.

It must be chosen at random, too. False sacrifices will... well, the spirit never elaborated on the consequences for failure, but every leader so far has complied, so I assume they're known and unacceptable.

Well. If a dwarf must die for the good of the fort, it'll damn well be a good death. Let's get started.

9th Granite

A blacksmith has gotten some brilliant idea into his head. I don't know. He dropped his meal and ran off.

15th Granite
After claiming a bar of copper, three different blocks, a stack of bones, and a handful of uncut gems, he's gotten to work.

... What on earth is he making?

20th Granite

Uhh... okay...?

On a completely unrelated note, my wife just gave birth to a beautiful baby girl.

Why didn't she tell me she was with child? I could have been there for the birth! Ahh... what's done is done. The important part is that now I'm a father!

(( Seriously. I chose my dwarf basically at random, he happened to be married, and she happened to give birth less than a month into my turn. I think our sacrifices have pleased the Random Number Goddess. ))

24th Granite
Also, we're not to export toy axes, by order of the baroness.

6th Slate
I've just been informed that "the sacrifice" has succumbed to infection. Which sacrifice? Last year's? The one before that? The very first year of the fort? It certainly isn't this year's sacrifice, but that's all I know. We need to number these, people!

16th Slate
I got a steel industry up and running. I probably could have mentioned that earlier.

It's like nobody else was even trying to make steel. It's only the most dwarvenly metal in all of existence! (The blue stuff is godly, not dwarvenly.)

22nd Slate
Also, there is like a ridiculous amount of ore down in the depths. Someone did exploratory mining, which is good, but then didn't dig out the ore. wat teh spor guize

23nd Slate
Migrants!

3rd Felsite
Oh, we're out of flux stone. That's why we didn't have a steel industry. I thought we had a flux quarry somewhere I wasn't looking...

16th Felsite
We just breached another cavern. Let's seal that right up...

19th Felsite
Elves have arrived to trade.

... And a cyclops! My research shows that they don't know how to avoid cage traps. I think I've determined my method of sacrifice.

And another previous sacrifice has succumbed to infection.

24th Felsite
A goblin ambush is trying to get through our traps. They might succeed, so I'm calling up the military, just in case.

25th Felsite
Oh, hell. They got through all right. Sliced up some dogs, too.

It is now summer.

1st Hematite
The goblin attack was largely ignorable once we got the military up top. They didn't even get to the elves, so whatever.

Progress has begun on the sacrificial chamber. It won't be usable again once the first sacrifice is made, but that's all right. It seems... appropriate... for each sacrifice to have their own death.

(( The sacrifice will be granted one piece of equipment to fight the cyclops with. Any suggestions? ))
urist mcgeorg, who lives in boatmurdered and makes over 10,000 bad decisions each day,

Elderont

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 10, 2011, 02:24:43 pm »

The Pig Iron Bar Battleaxe.

If he survives, let him live as a god and breach the deepest caves of hell in his name.

billybobfred

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 10, 2011, 03:17:21 pm »

Oh, he won't survive. The arena will contain cat-controlled menacing spikes to make sure both combatants die. (the cyclops got banged the hfs up by the weapon traps before being caught, so I'm adding a second layer of death just to make sure our sacrifice dies)
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13