Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13

Author Topic: Breakfastcudgels (a game of random death)  (Read 24281 times)

futility

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Breakfastcudgels (a game of random death)
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2011, 08:23:09 pm »

Still working on the fortress there Elderont?

Elderont

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2011, 11:55:47 am »

Yep, will post a update still today.

Elderont

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2011, 07:13:35 pm »

The Notes of the Overseer Elderont, First Miner and First Warrior in Battle (Part 3)

28th Hematite

And we have begun the construction of our magnificent gate house. I ordered it build out of Andesite for the first layer and then Granite for the second. Then something great happened. I was out in the open, commanding the workers, when I saw our Trade Depot. It was made of a strange red stone I’ve only seen a couple of times. I have decided our bridges would be made out of it too. Red is a great color to put fear in the heart of our enemies, and it’s also the color of blood.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

23th Malachite

Shit! Shit! Shit! MY LEG!

We were removing some walls for … WATCH FOR THE FUCKING LEG! … For the Gate House. There was some kind of building above and … WHAT DO YOU MEAN WE HAVE NO HOSPITAL? PUT SOME FREAKING BEDS TOGHETER! … It all went down so fast. A giant peace of stone smashed my leg against the floor and some other poor fella … HEY! HEY! YOU IDIOTS, DON’T LEAVE ME HERE IN THE DUST! MOTHERFCUKERS! … The other guy, he was hit hard, but I think he’s alive … THANK GOD FOR THAT BED YOU MORONS, NOW MOVE ME THERE AND CALL FOR THE DOCTORS! AND WATCH FOR THE DAMN LEG! … Two months?! Two months in this bed resting my injuries until you crazy bastard stop drinking and fix my bones? GET TO IT FAST!

26th Malachite

We got a new wave of immigrants. The bookkeeper told me we are now 45 living dwarfs, minus the other two who are going to get killed. By the way, my death machine had a little setback. Turns out water defrosts here too soon, sooner than I expected. So let’s say the next year will begin with a big surprise for us all.

1st Galena

Goden told me some freak went crazy and got possessed by the gods! Our first!

He got three granite boulders and went back to his shop, working on some great shit we will never put to good use. And yes, Goden! I’m still mad because of my leg. NOW GET THE FUCK OUT OF HERE AND GO CHECK ON THE GATE HOUSE CONSTRUCTION!

That bastard doesn’t even know what’s coming to him…

13th Galena

Traaaders!

I don’t know why, but we had a bunch of high value clothing standing around. And some metal crafts too, those we’re really expensive and I think it’s in the Fortress best interests to trade then for supply and stuff.

27th Limestone

New immigrants: 57 and reaching for more.

Finally! Yes! The doctor put some wooden thing in my leg and now I can walk. Not as I used to, but at least I’m out of that haunted bed. I first went to the workshops to supervise the bronze production and guess what?

Completely useless, but at least it pictures our great king.

3rd Sandstone

Our Gate House is complete! I feel like we are truly safe now! Soon Goblins will come and we can now finally count on some heavy walls!

I call the main bridge the Red Gate and the two secondary ones the Red Twins. Pretty intuitive, but it’s still AWESOME! They are linked to two levers you can find in the Meeting Hall. Oh, who am I kidding, let’s take the day off and get some beer you fuckers!
« Last Edit: May 14, 2011, 08:31:18 pm by Elderont »

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2011, 06:52:28 pm »

OK, it looks like Elderont's dropped out, unless I'm mistaken, so Melkor, d'you wanna start year 2 again?

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

Elderont

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2011, 07:03:07 pm »

I was actually playing, but as nobody said anything I gave up. If you want I can upload the last save (which is already in Late Winter, only a few days missing).

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2011, 07:15:37 pm »

Sure, go ahead and do that.

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

Elderont

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2011, 11:57:19 am »

Ok. Here's the save.

I'll edit this post with the final report soon.

Savolainen5

• Bay Watcher
  • This is a wug.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2011, 01:19:14 pm »

Sign me up for this sonuvagun!  And dorf me!  I look forward to the deaths of randomness!
A small creature sometimes found on paper.  It is small.  Its eyes are black. It is adored by children for its cuteness.
(On a picture of cavies):
We see a family of small land rodents.
Dwarfs see masterpiece roasts.

futility

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2011, 03:29:47 pm »

Coolness, I'll pick up the save and get runnin with it whenever it's up.

Edit: Downloading it now, I'll get an update up asap
« Last Edit: May 18, 2011, 03:33:25 pm by futility »

futility

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 18, 2011, 05:15:40 pm »

Diary of Futility

Opal 21:
Whilst drinking a flagon of dwarven ale, I was surprised to be greeted by Elderont, the fortress overseer.  He's normally quite the jolly fellow, so I was surprised by the troubled look on his face.

He asked, "You ever thought of being overseer?"
"Well I have, but-"
"Great! I knew I could count on you!"

He then ran off, muttering something that sounded suspiciously like "I'm free, I'm free!" Well, I suppose I have made some... remarks about the management and overall fortress aesthetic. Maybe I can so something to fix the place up.

Opal 22:
I began my tour of the fortress today to find areas of improvement.  Since the kitchens are just below the surface, and my quarters underneath the dining hall, I'd never seen the depths.  One thing struck me immediately.

Why aren't we using magma?!  I can appreciate the hilarity of annoying the elves via deforestation, but our forges must be fueled by the blood of Armok!

Also:

I must make a visit to the carpenters.

OOC EDIT: I'm going over the fortress right now, might take me a bit to get used to it. I'll shoot for another update tomorrow (maybe tonight if I'm feeling ambitious)
« Last Edit: May 18, 2011, 05:18:30 pm by futility »

Elderont

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 18, 2011, 07:14:18 pm »

I just never even tried gave up building beds. There was so much else to do. Hehehehe.

And by the way. The food industry is now one of our biggest problems. I didn't touch it, but maybe you could do better. XD

futility

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 18, 2011, 07:24:44 pm »

I see that - only one 9x9 3x3 farm plot.  Being the chef I of course will expand this =p
« Last Edit: May 18, 2011, 08:24:48 pm by futility »

futility

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 18, 2011, 10:21:47 pm »

1 Obsidian:
It seems like half the people here do nothing but move stuff around all day.  Sounds like I need to start assigning jobs.  Or
perhaps I should do some population control....

5 Granite:
I'd heard of people having strange dreams in this place.  Dreams that demand blood for the Blood God.  Last night I had a vision.
A sacrifice must be made to ensure that everything goes smoothly.  Two numbers came to my head... 39... 13... I know what must
be done.

6 Granite:
I've taken a census of our members and carved their names in rune-order.  The 13th and 39th are chosen: Tholtig Sazirbisek,
guard, and Obok Otungathel, a potter.  They shall purify our fortress!

18 Granite:
Praise the miners! 

Now that we've got magma flowing, metal goods will be flying out of this place.  I'm also working on expanding the housing and
farming operations. 

Next on the agenda: make some weapons and armor for our soon-to-be-needed military and get those lazy haulers training!

13 Slate:
MIGRANTS!
Mechanic, Clothier, Woodcrafter/Guard, Glazer/Thresher, Hammerdorf, Bonecarver, Speardwarf, Wrestler, Engineer, Carpenter,
Metaleverything, 8 other milirary recruits and 2 children.  Quite a few more mouths to feed / make rooms for (puts us up to 71).
In other news, my plans for perpetuating prosperity are nearly complete. Muahahahaha!

24 Slate:

Asmel claimed a craftsdwarf's shop starting talking suspiciously like an elf... we're a little worried.

2 Felsite:

Here's what Asmel came up with:

...I'm not sure what to say.

In other news:

Armok be praised, we have our first sacrifice!

OOC: I took the other guy out of the military and removed all jobs so he would go to the grates - somehow this broke him.  I
keep getting spam of "cancels store item in stockpile: drop-off inaccessible." Know hwo to fix this?

Savolainen5

• Bay Watcher
  • This is a wug.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 18, 2011, 11:16:55 pm »

Uhm, forbid anything that didn't burn in the magma?  ???
A small creature sometimes found on paper.  It is small.  Its eyes are black. It is adored by children for its cuteness.
(On a picture of cavies):
We see a family of small land rodents.
Dwarfs see masterpiece roasts.

futility

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 18, 2011, 11:19:55 pm »

Figured it out - had to take him off the burrow, he'll be dead soon meh-he-he!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13