Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32

Author Topic: Beginners' Mafia XXIII [1/7, 3/3]: Evening 3 - GAME OVER & TOWN WIN!  (Read 94942 times)

Heliman

• Bay Watcher
  • I knew you were coming. Nonetheless, welcome.
    • View Profile
Re: Beginners' Mafia XXIII [1/7, 3/3]: Evening 3 - GAME OVER & TOWN WIN!
« Reply #450 on: June 06, 2011, 09:01:37 pm »

Animated gif that scowls for 30 seconds then smiles for one.  Trip people out.
Also done because I was bored.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: June 06, 2011, 09:40:16 pm »

Awesome.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: June 06, 2011, 09:48:33 pm »

Eh heh heh heh.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: June 07, 2011, 08:01:30 am »

Fun fact:  The last time Town won a BM game was BM8- in Feb 2010.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: June 07, 2011, 08:38:51 am »

Well, now I feel like REALLY bad scum. I know I played badly, but damn.  :(
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: June 07, 2011, 09:05:25 am »

Fun fact:  The last time Town won a BM game was BM8- in Feb 2010.

That long ago?  It feels like just yesterday... jegus, I'm getting old.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: June 07, 2011, 09:20:44 am »

Well, now I feel like REALLY bad scum. I know I played badly, but damn.  :(

You weren't that bad- you replaced into a tricky situation.  Just remember to always be pressing your case.

Okami No Rei

• Bay Watcher
  • It is by will alone that I set my mind in motion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: June 07, 2011, 06:05:21 pm »

I must say, I had quite a bit of fun.  Wish I could have been on the day I got lynched.  I think I could've talked my way out of it.

Sorry for the mess I left, Breadbocks.

Who wants their play analyzed and rated?
Please do.
It is by the spice caffeine that thoughts acquire speed.
...start thinking that everything somebody does is scummy or that everything is part of some scummy plan to be incredibly devious and mislead the town...

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: June 07, 2011, 07:43:24 pm »

Your cases were weak and selective but you pushed them regardless. You voted Supercharazad for no good reason, he defended himself convincingly, and then you tried to invent a case of him lying from thin air. For all the crap you gave people about parroting (and for the love of God, don't ever accuse anybody of presciently parroting ever again, because that's a seriously bullshit accusation), you would've been better off jumping off your weak cases and onto the stronger ones presented by members of the town.

Also, never say an attack on a weak player was part of a plan to catch weak scum. You look doubly scummy, once for pressing a weak player, and then twice for claiming it was part of a plan, which is in no way verifiable to everybody else. It would have been much easier to claim you could not get a read on Taricus, say nothing else about it, and then move on.

Your only goal as scum is to avoid detection, and it's counterproductive to that goal to draw all attention to yourself by pushing weak cases that even you don't look like you really believe yourself and claiming a plan with a constantly changing goal.

Also, you should stop pretending that you're not Book, because it's pretty obvious you are, and you got lynched, as scum, on Day 1, in a Beginner's game, so I'd pretty much say that the jig is up.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Beginners' Mafia XXIII [7/7, 2/2]: D1 - Courtroom Brawl
« Reply #459 on: June 07, 2011, 08:26:28 pm »

Vector:

And also: This is how you scumhunt, bitches.  If I were actually in this game and asking questions about scumminess instead of forum-knowledge, I'd be lynching right now on two posts of information.  So pay attention.

I'm curious as to who/what you saw here.

Heliman

• Bay Watcher
  • I knew you were coming. Nonetheless, welcome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: June 07, 2011, 08:33:27 pm »

Also, you should stop pretending that you're not Book, because it's pretty obvious you are, and you got lynched, as scum, on Day 1, in a Beginner's game, so I'd pretty much say that the jig is up.
Oh for the love of- Can we stop talking about god damn Book? Look, if it makes you feel any better, I'm Book, I've been posing as the Heliman you know and love this whole time in order to phase myself seamlessly back in should I be banned.

jk. Honestly though, lets stop now.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2011, 09:03:57 pm by Heliman »

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: June 07, 2011, 10:33:51 pm »

Heliman can't be Book, I'm Book!
If it scares people into posting, then yes.

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.
Web-based Lurker Tracker for Mafia

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: June 07, 2011, 10:36:47 pm »

I am Book!
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: June 07, 2011, 11:00:49 pm »

Book?  Bah!  I'm Zathras!
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32