Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 32

Author Topic: Beginners' Mafia XXIII [1/7, 3/3]: Evening 3 - GAME OVER & TOWN WIN!  (Read 94969 times)

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
Re: Beginners' Mafia XXIII [3/7, 2/2]: ONE REPLACE PLOX
« Reply #390 on: June 03, 2011, 06:31:15 pm »

Taricus' replacement, just post something. Anything.

Something.  Anything.

More seriously, I'm here and I'm going to be carefully reading the game for a bit.  Actual useful stuff will come soon.

Quick note: I replaced Taricus, but I can't read his mind.  If asking me a question, do not assume I can.  Thank you.

Toaster: Who, if breadbocks turns out to be town, would you most suspect of being scum?  Why?
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Beginners' Mafia XXIII [2/7, 3/3]: D3 - For Peace and Trade
« Reply #391 on: June 03, 2011, 08:34:29 pm »

Jack:  Well, right now my #2 pick is Jim, but that's mostly by default.  Heliman I am fairly sure is town.  You (via Taricus) I have a very null read on.  Jim bugs me a bit, but it is probably because I can't read him at all.  I don't have anything specific to accuse him of.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginners' Mafia XXIII [3/7, 2/2]: D3 - For Peace and Trade
« Reply #392 on: June 04, 2011, 12:40:20 am »

Should you continue to attack me, let it be known that the reason I didn't answer your last question right away is because I didn't have access to internet.
Breadbocks:What does this have to do with anything?  I can understand defending yourself against attacks that actually were used, but why against one that was not?

My thoughts on everyone:

*Toaster: Don't like how he saw Okami as completely town (if I'm understanding him correctly).  His attack against Breadbocks...I agree with Jim and Heliman when it comes to the question.  It just feels unnecessary and pointless.  Second pick.
*Heliman: I don't particularly like some of the things he has pointed out as evidence against Toaster (the "contradiction", the congratulation post).  Both he and Supercharazad have shown a lack of awareness of the game. Feels like unaware townie.
*Breadbocks: His attack on Toaster is rather weak and OMGUSy.  He's also overly defensive, as well, in my eyes.  My current top suspect.
*Jim: Feels kind of town to me, but it's a hunch.  I'm having problems reading him.
FUCK YOU JACK
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: June 04, 2011, 12:46:58 am »

Heliman, so of the remaining players of the game, which ones are you most suspicious of and/or most wary of? You've got your eye on breadbocks for some reason. Who else?

Jack A T, what about the reasons Heliman listed don't you like?

It bugs me that this Beginner's Mafia doesn't have any beginners left, but I suppose there's nothing we can do about that.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Heliman

• Bay Watcher
  • I knew you were coming. Nonetheless, welcome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: June 04, 2011, 01:23:38 am »

Heliman, so of the remaining players of the game, which ones are you most suspicious of and/or most wary of? You've got your eye on breadbocks for some reason. Who else?
1. As far as wariness goes, you and toaster. Two ICs alive on D3? Whaaat. Nothing to back it up with of course, but seriously.
2. Everyone.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: June 04, 2011, 01:26:26 am »

Jack A T, what about the reasons Heliman listed don't you like?
*"Contradiction": What contradiction?

Essentially, Heliman seemed to have misinterpreted Toaster's statement that D2 should have been over according to the mod timer as some sort of evidence that indicated that Toaster was scum because he also said that Powder should've had some time to defend himself.  And then interpreted Toaster's attempt to point out that he meant the mod timer as a lie because Toaster had also pointed out that LNCP was away from the forum and unable to finish the day.  Terrible, nonsensical attack, but showing inexperience more than scumminess.

*The "Good job!" post complaint: Heliman, while admitting that it's not a scumtell in itself, says that one of the posts Toaster made specifically as an IC made Toaster feel off.  I don't like it when ICs get attacked for their actions as teachers, not players.  This, I feel, is actually scummy, though Heliman's admission that it's weak evidence makes it less bad.
FUCK YOU JACK
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: June 04, 2011, 03:58:30 pm »

Jack A T:
*Toaster: Don't like how he saw Okami as completely town (if I'm understanding him correctly).  His attack against Breadbocks...I agree with Jim and Heliman when it comes to the question.  It just feels unnecessary and pointless.  Second pick.

I said that he "ping[ed] only faintly on my scumdar."

Where do you see Breadbocks as defensive?  I'd like to see your reasoning a bit more for a D3 vote.

Heliman:
1. As far as wariness goes, you and toaster. Two ICs alive on D3? Whaaat. Nothing to back it up with of course, but seriously.
2. Everyone.

Really, now?  See this post for reasons that is dumb.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: June 04, 2011, 04:51:02 pm »

I said that he "ping[ed] only faintly on my scumdar."
Ah.  I was thinking of a different post when I was writing that bit about you.  Specifically, the one where you said you "didn't see any holes in his armor".  Your response indicates that what I said was definitely a bit of a misunderstanding.

Where do you see Breadbocks as defensive?  I'd like to see your reasoning a bit more for a D3 vote.
He was defending himself against an attack that never had been used (in addition to attacks that had been used), in his main attack post against you.  Essentially, in addition to trying to refute your points against him, he started by trying to defend himself from an attack he seemed to think you would inevitably use.  That, on its own, brings him up on my list.  It feels overly defensive and somewhat panicky.  The fact that he continued on in that post to vote for you because you hadn't voted for him immediately doesn't exactly help his case.  I'm currently waiting for an answer to a question about the defensiveness.  A question at the start of my "my thoughts on everyone" post.  That is my main point against him.

Most of his other posts...well, as far as I can tell, neither he nor anzki have done too much.  Both have/had short, calm posts that often go off-topic, generally.  Breadbocks's last post stood out against that.
FUCK YOU JACK
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: June 04, 2011, 05:47:05 pm »

It bugs me that you're preemptively nipping this line of thought in the bud before anything comes from it, even though Heliman didn't say he actually suspected anybody for it.

Both ICs being alive is incredibly noteworthy, so why don't you want people talking about it?
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: June 04, 2011, 06:11:22 pm »

Firstly, Extension is in order. I've missed most of the day due to a vacation I hadn't planned for.

Breadbocks:
Breadbocks:  As a replacee yourself, what do you think having a second replacement will do to the game?
Not much. I think we'll need to grill him all the harder to pick apart his mind.

Fair enough.

As for the rest of your post, I never said your lack of response was scummy.  That wasn't a part of the case.  Your reasoning on the D2 vote is valid, but it doesn't make me think you're innocent.

As for your vote, really?  I said twice I was going to reread the thread after I made that post.  I knew it would be the next morning, so I threw out some questions to get discussion happening (again, like I said.)  Did you read that part?   It just feels like you're basing your case on something I never said or even implied.
Makes sense, I suppose. Unvote Toaster

As for the response thing, this is directed at everyone, I was considering the possibility of it being used as a weak reason to continue to persecute me, and headed it off.

Now, for the vote. I was thinking that you would have prepared the attack overnight.

breadbocks, I don't think your case on Toaster is much better. It's essentially an OMGUS. I'm going to need more than an issue of timing to vote for him. What else you got?
Jim Honestly? Nothing. I was hoping that my (pretty damn weak) attack on Toaster would have either him, or someone else commenting on it would give a scumtell. Right now I've literally nothing on anybody right now.

Should you continue to attack me, let it be known that the reason I didn't answer your last question right away is because I didn't have access to internet.
Breadbocks:What does this have to do with anything?  I can understand defending yourself against attacks that actually were used, but why against one that was not?

My thoughts on everyone:

*Heliman: I don't particularly like some of the things he has pointed out as evidence against Toaster (the "contradiction", the congratulation post).  Both he and Supercharazad have shown a lack of awareness of the game. Feels like unaware townie.
*Breadbocks: His attack on Toaster is rather weak and OMGUSy.  He's also overly defensive, as well, in my eyes.  My current top suspect.
*Jim: Feels kind of town to me, but it's a hunch.  I'm having problems reading him.
I find it better to nip would-be attacks in the bud. Proactivity > Reactivity, no?
Also, nice Bandwagon you got there. It'd be a shame if you didn't back it up with real meat. sssssSSSSSSS *BOOM*

Spoiler: COMPLETELY UNRELATED (click to show/hide)
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: June 04, 2011, 06:38:38 pm »

I find it better to nip would-be attacks in the bud. Proactivity > Reactivity, no?

Not necessarily. I find it suspect that somebody would defend themselves from nobody. It makes me want to suspect them for whatever they were preemptively defending themselves about.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: June 04, 2011, 09:04:22 pm »

Jack:  Fair enough re Breadbocks.  "No holes in his armor" means I don't have an angle of attack on him.

Jim:

It bugs me that you're preemptively nipping this line of thought in the bud before anything comes from it, even though Heliman didn't say he actually suspected anybody for it.

Both ICs being alive is incredibly noteworthy, so why don't you want people talking about it?

This is WIFOM and you know it.  Why do you all of the sudden blow it off when usually you're down people's throats over it?  This is unusual for you.

Breadbocks:  I took the lazy way (as usual) and waited for the NK result to try to re-find my scum picks.

First you say you have nothing, but then you go after Jack for bandwagonning.  Which is it?  You're not really putting any meat on him, to use your words.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: June 04, 2011, 11:39:00 pm »

I'm not going after Jack, yet. I want to have a solider case than "he bandwagon'd lynch him" before I go after him. In effect, I've nothing.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: June 05, 2011, 03:50:26 am »

Jim:

This is WIFOM and you know it.  Why do you all of the sudden blow it off when usually you're down people's throats over it?  This is unusual for you.

Because I am completely lost and am picking at anything and everything I can in the hopes that something might turn up. You're the recipient of my scrutiny.

This also doesn't answer my question.

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: June 05, 2011, 08:42:56 am »

Riight, I forgot this was a 5p game now.

Votecount:
Heliman - 0-
Jack AT - 0-
breadbocks - 2 - Toaster, Jack AT
Jim Groovester - 0 -
Toaster - 0 -

Not Voting - 3 - Heliman, Jim Groovester, breadbocks
No Lynch  - 0 -

Extend  - 0 -
Shorten  - 0 -

The Day will end Monday, 8PM GMT.

You need 2 to Extend and 3 to Shorten.