Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 32

Author Topic: Beginners' Mafia XXIII [1/7, 3/3]: Evening 3 - GAME OVER & TOWN WIN!  (Read 95035 times)

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginners' Mafia XXIII [3/7, 2/2]: D3 - For Peace and Trade
« Reply #360 on: June 01, 2011, 01:38:29 pm »

LNCP! IT'S SUPERCHARAZAD.

I mean blargh I'm dead.
If it scares people into posting, then yes.

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.
Web-based Lurker Tracker for Mafia

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: June 01, 2011, 02:21:30 pm »

The fuck is going on.

If you're as confused about the game as I am, what you do is go back and read through everything. Pay special attention to everybody's who's still alive. Pick at everything you can, stuff you may have let slide when it happened.

That's what I'm going to do.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Heliman

• Bay Watcher
  • I knew you were coming. Nonetheless, welcome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: June 01, 2011, 07:14:54 pm »

Ok, time to kick off D3 for real now.

I think the day should be over, so I'll throw out a word on extensions and shortenings.
^
|
V
Seriously though, Powder should get a fair chance to set up a defense.  Someone may want to grill someone else.
If you thought Powder should have gotten a fair chance to set up a defense, why did you think the day should have ended there?

The fuck is going on.
What is confusing to you?

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: June 01, 2011, 07:24:20 pm »

My major scum pick flipped town, my secondary scum pick replaced himself as soon as he got a smidgeon of pressure, and I don't have any good reads on the remaining players.

Not to mention that both ICs are still alive, which is completely surprising to me.

I have no idea what's going on. And I haven't completed (or started) my readthrough of the thread yet.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Heliman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: June 01, 2011, 07:38:35 pm »

You had 4 days or so to revise it during the night, didn't you?

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: June 01, 2011, 07:55:44 pm »

Yeah.

So?

I had nothing to do with the night being four days long. If there's some expectation that I'm supposed to be thinking about mafia all day long and all night long, even when the thread is locked, there isn't, and it's usually easier to wait until the nightkill happens, so that everybody has two roleflips to think through instead of just one.

Heliman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: June 01, 2011, 08:20:37 pm »

Fair enough, feel free to reread as much as you please, but if you can try not to end up hiding away in a hole for a day or two "rereading the thread" while the shit starts getting thrown.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: June 01, 2011, 08:25:22 pm »

I think the day should be over, so I'll throw out a word on extensions and shortenings.
^
|
V
Seriously though, Powder should get a fair chance to set up a defense.  Someone may want to grill someone else.
If you thought Powder should have gotten a fair chance to set up a defense, why did you think the day should have ended there?

I thought the day should have ended as in that post was made past the time the mod said the day would end.  He had plenty of time to defend himself.

I need to reread this, but I'm going to toss out some questions before I do.

LNCP:  Your D3 final vote count is wrong.  Breadbocks voted for Powder, not himself.  Also, I am both voting and not voting, and Taricus is absent from the list.

Breadbocks:  As a replacee yourself, what do you think having a second replacement will do to the game?

Heliman:  What do you think of your predecessor's case on Taricus?

Jim:  What value do you put on Powder's suspicion of Super?

Taricus:  Who do you suspect now that you have two full days' worth of information to work through?

This is a personal preference thing, but if I open the day at a blank (because all my previous suspects are dead and town, usually), I start off by firing questions off at several people.  While I wait for answers, I reread the thread and look for something meaningful.  The questions are there to address any preexisting suspicions I have or to get people talking, mostly depending on the read I already have on the target.  It's just something to keep the ball rolling while I look for something deeper.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Heliman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: June 01, 2011, 08:53:02 pm »

^
|
V
(extended the second quote for fittyness)
Because by mod-timer, the day has already ended.

I thought the day should have ended as in that post was made past the time the mod said the day would end.  He had plenty of time to defend himself.
But judging by the diction in the post you said that yesterday, you weren't taking the mod-timer seriously.

Heliman:  What do you think of your predecessor's case on Taricus?
He didn't have a case, to me, Super was just trying to probe him. Taricus probably smelled funny to him. Unfortunately, Taricus was absent most of D2, once again preventing any case to be formed on himself by not doing fucking anything.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: June 01, 2011, 09:06:09 pm »

Jim:  What value do you put on Powder's suspicion of Super?

Very little.

Powder Miner unfortunately never really put together a coherent case on anyone. There was a kernel of a good case in there but he couldn't put it together.

Supercharazad did spend most of his time pressuring Taricus for no good reason, and paid absolutely no attention to anything that happened during Day 2, but I chalked that up mostly to Supercharazad being Supercharazad. That was until I decided to take the nub gloves off because I thought it would help his game.

Then he asked for a replacement.

There's stuff to look into about Supercharazad/Heliman, but it's not because of anything Powder Miner said.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: June 01, 2011, 10:25:39 pm »

Toaster: A few things.

I need to study Okami's interactions to see what can be gleaned from them, but here's this first.   More will come later.

So, anything come from that? Unfulfilled promises of scumhunting set me on edge.

Can you explain what about Okami No Rei made him ping low on your scumdar? What's more, you never really said anything about him. You only answered questions directed from him to you. Did nothing about him set you off?

I wish Beginner's Mafias didn't have such a high replacement rate, because there's stuff I'd ask anzki4 and Supercharazad if they were still around.

Heliman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: June 02, 2011, 12:42:11 am »

Taricus, why you gotta avoid us? Before, you merely coated my clavicle in frigid frost.  But now you've made 15 posts since day 3 started, and not a single one here? You make me feel like I'm wearing a mantle of ice, coated with liquid nitrogen and adorned with President Nickson's frozen heart.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: June 02, 2011, 12:53:40 am »

Taricus, why you gotta avoid us?
Thread locked before I could ask for a Replace though...

President Nickson

Don't skimp on your studies, dude.

Heliman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: June 02, 2011, 01:02:24 am »

Ahha yeah misspelling Nixon's name, I totally meant to do that.

Anyways, LNCP never stated that his slot was up for replace, so I can only assume that he was stating it out of context then and is still playing.

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
Re: Beginners' Mafia XXIII [3/7, 2/2]: ONE REPLACE PLOX
« Reply #374 on: June 02, 2011, 07:03:52 am »

Taricus is up for replace!
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 32