Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 32

Author Topic: Beginners' Mafia XXIII [1/7, 3/3]: Evening 3 - GAME OVER & TOWN WIN!  (Read 95055 times)

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
Re: Beginners' Mafia XXIII [5/7, 2/2]: D2 - The Law of Retaliation
« Reply #345 on: May 27, 2011, 02:10:35 am »

Hurp derp just realized I messed up BBcodes in my last post. For clarification: Vote Powder Miner. Sorry about any confusion, LNCP.

Miner, before you get all "yeah yeah whatever" at Jim, he has a point. You should listen to the ICs, rather than getting surly every time they say something.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: May 27, 2011, 01:13:02 pm »

Alright, I'm focusing too much on the beginner's vengeful.
Replace please. I'll keep playing until I'm replaced, but I can't get myself to focus on two games at once.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: May 27, 2011, 02:08:57 pm »

I still want answers from you.

If you're going to stick around until you can get replaced, then go do that.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: May 27, 2011, 02:10:41 pm »

So what are you doing? What do you expect to gain from pressing players who aren't here?

You're missing critical facts about players you 'suspect', so I'm starting to get the sense that you're more interested in the appearance of scumhunting than actually scumhunting.

Because, you know, a critical part of scumhunting is paying attention to what's going on.

I'm not trying to do this. I've decided I can't focus on two of these at once.
If I were trying to to this, I wouldn't have asked for a replace.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: May 27, 2011, 06:51:53 pm »

I wasn;t about to get surly. In fact, that's good advice.

So, Super. Why did you bandwagon Taricus D1, and go back at him later in the day with a simple "You bother me?" And don't give the excuse: "I'm applying pressure!" You're nto applying pressure if you're not asking questions or even providing reasoning. You had another reason for doing those votes, and it wasn't pressure.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: May 27, 2011, 11:10:57 pm »

I think the day should be over, so I'll throw out a word on extensions and shortenings.

An extension is important to get when the deadline approaches and there is still quite a bit of active discussion and not a lot of consensus.  Keeping people talking means they have more content to read through, and therefore you are better able to get a read of them.  If people are still talking near day end, feel free to vote for one.  On the other hand, if there is little discussion going on and there's a definite leader in votes, let the day end so the game can go on- don't just stall it.  Asking for an extension and then not using it is a great way to annoy the mod.

Shortens should be used sparingly.  If there's any real discussion going on, don't ask for one.  Trying to stop the discussion is a good way to prevent others from getting reads on people and to allow the scum more control.  It also might prevent someone from contributing when they thought they could.  On the other hand, if there's a massive majority vote on someone and there's no discussion about it (for example, a cop claiming a scum result on someone with no counterclaim), go ahead and end the day- not much more will get done.

A simple majority alone isn't a good enough reason to shorten, especially if there is more than one scum alive.  You can always vote one person while interrogating someone else.

In short, encouraging discussion is pro-town, while squashing it is anti-town.

In this situation, there's a clear (but not overwhelming) majority on Powder, so the best thing to do is just let the day run out.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: May 27, 2011, 11:37:07 pm »

Oh, yeah. I keep wondering about shortens. Since it seems their's nothing going on right now, why would it be better to wait for the day to end, rather than just going on and ending it, so we can either finish the game, or move on to the point where there would be stuff to discuss?
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: May 27, 2011, 11:40:19 pm »

Because by mod-timer, the day has already ended.

Seriously though, Powder should get a fair chance to set up a defense.  Someone may want to grill someone else.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: May 27, 2011, 11:43:38 pm »

Oh, yeah. I keep wondering about shortens. Since it seems their's nothing going on right now, why would it be better to wait for the day to end, rather than just going on and ending it, so we can either finish the game, or move on to the point where there would be stuff to discuss?

Because LNCP hasn't logged in since the 26th. Even if everybody shortens the day isn't going to end any faster.

Shortens are a pretty pushy thing to do anyway. Unless the situation clearly calls for it, it's not worth bothering about. You'll get people who will wonder why you want a shorten and then people who will block your shorten and call for an extension so that you can answer questions about why you wanted a shorten.

It's easier to let the day pass.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: May 28, 2011, 03:04:09 am »

So, Super. Why did you bandwagon Taricus D1, and go back at him later in the day with a simple "You bother me?" And don't give the excuse: "I'm applying pressure!" You're nto applying pressure if you're not asking questions or even providing reasoning. You had another reason for doing those votes, and it wasn't pressure.

Actually, I didn't bandwagon him. He voted me vaguely with no questions, and never stated that it was to get a reaction.
When I FoSd him, it was to get reactions out of people, to see if anyone seemed particularly jumpy about it.

As for saying I had another reason for the votes, kindly fuck off with the WIFOM

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile

Day 2 Has Ended!
Powder Miner has been Lynched!
He was a Nobleman (Town).

Votecount:
Think0028 - 0 -
Supercharazard - 1 - Powder Miner
Powder Miner - 4 - Toaster, Think0028, Jim Groovester, breadbocks
Taricus - 1 - Supercharazard
breadbocks - 0 -
Jim Groovester - 0 -
Toaster - 0 -

Not Voting - 0 - Taricus
No Lynch  - 0 -

Extend  - 0 -
Shorten  - 0 -

The sun is setting on the horizon, and the King grows weary of the aristocrats' endless rambling. He signals to one of his guard.

"Listen up!" he shouts, bashing his sword on his shield to drown out the voices. "the King wishes to make something known!"

"Have you all come to an agreement?"

The court did. And the name that came forth was Polvere, count Minatori. He was dragged forth.

"Any last words for us? Perhaps a confession, to save your damned soul"

"'Tis not I! Have mercy!" The count pleads, but to no avail. The crowd has convicted him already in their hearts. He is thrown outside and decapitated by the guards, and the men come back only after nightfall.

"So, any clues from his body?"

"None, your Majesty. He was but a noble." the guard bowed and left.

Supercharazard is up for replace.

Night 2 has begun!
Scum & power roles, send in your night actions.

The Night will end Tuesday, 8PM GMT.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2011, 07:02:28 am by lordnincompoop »

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
Re: Beginners' Mafia XXIII [4/7, 2/2]: D3 - For peace and trade
« Reply #356 on: June 01, 2011, 01:06:52 pm »

Day 3 Has Begun!
Think0028 has been Nightkilled!
He was a Nobleman (Town).

Votecount:
Supercharazard - 0-
Taricus - 0-
breadbocks - -0
Jim Groovester - 0 -
Toaster - 0 -

Not Voting - 0 -
No Lynch  - 0 -

Extend  - 0 -
Shorten  - 0 -

Before you lies the body of James "Think" Northtop XXVIII, drawn and quartered during the night.

There are but five of you left, one of which is the assassin. The King has grown weary of the death, and, fatigued, the announces,

"Let it begin. Let us hope that this day will be the last."

The Day will end Friday, 8PM GMT.

You need 3 to Extend and 5 to Shorten.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2011, 01:08:54 pm by lordnincompoop »

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
Re: Beginners' Mafia XXIII [3/7, 2/2]: D3 - For Peace and Trade
« Reply #357 on: June 01, 2011, 01:21:41 pm »

Heliman has replaced Supercharazard!

Votecount:

Heliman - 0-
Taricus - 0-
breadbocks - -0
Jim Groovester - 0 -
Toaster - 0 -

Not Voting - 0 -
No Lynch  - 0 -

Extend  - 0 -
Shorten  - 0 -
« Last Edit: June 01, 2011, 01:32:59 pm by lordnincompoop »

Heliman

• Bay Watcher
  • I knew you were coming. Nonetheless, welcome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: June 01, 2011, 01:31:39 pm »

(PFP)
What? Wasn't supercharazard up for replace?

Anyways, I LIVE. Sup scum, townies, did you miiiiiiiiss me? FYI, I've already looked over D2, and I will post my thoughts on what I think when I have the time.

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: June 01, 2011, 01:33:12 pm »

Fux'd
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 32