Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 32

Author Topic: Beginners' Mafia XXIII [1/7, 3/3]: Evening 3 - GAME OVER & TOWN WIN!  (Read 95112 times)

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
Re: Beginners' Mafia XXIII [5/7, 2/2]: D2 - The Law of Retaliation
« Reply #330 on: May 25, 2011, 10:17:05 pm »

Yeah, but I've had other people say how I'd look more town if I did (insert thing here), or something like it.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: May 26, 2011, 11:18:05 am »

Jim:
Toaster, the last Beginner's Game where both ICs survived through to the second day was when you were scum.

Is there something I should look into there?

If you were being serious about this...

1.  I'd refer you to my previous post on the subject.
2.  I'd point out that you should know better to dive headfirst into the WIFOM.
3.  If I really wanted to indulge the WIFOM, I'd point out that same argument could be used on you.

Do you have a secondary pick besides Powder?

Powder:
I hate how I'm scummy-looking enough to be getting scum advice when I'm not even scum.

That was town advice as much as it was scum advice.  Let me stress again that the single goal of town is to find scum.   As town, if you dedicate yourself wholly to that, it will show, and you'll garner less suspicion (and therefore fewer votes.)  As scum, if you can convincingly act like you are scum hunting, you'll lead more lynches astray.  In either case, if you're passive and lazy in your scum hunting, you'll get suspected, voted, and lynched if it's bad enough.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: May 26, 2011, 01:59:05 pm »

Super:  Have your suspicions changed any?

No.

The whole FoS thing was to try and get reactions out of some people, and it didn't work out very well.

I'm very suspicious of Okami still, and I want to be certain he's not scum before moving on.

So, supercharazad, do you have any reasoning other than "Hiding something?" and "You bother me", or are you going to bandwagon and OMGUD all day long?

Well, for one thing, I have not OMGUSd at all.
Have you READ Dak's scumhunting guide, or are you just stupid? It's called trying to apply pressure, something I can't really do right now because everyone seems to hate it.

Okami: Who are your top two scumpicks?

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: May 26, 2011, 02:02:27 pm »

Super: ... Okami's dead.

Are you paying attention?
If it scares people into posting, then yes.

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.
Web-based Lurker Tracker for Mafia

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: May 26, 2011, 02:06:47 pm »

Super: ... Okami's dead.

Are you paying attention?

Oh. Right.

Failure on my part. I must have got confused.

unvote, Vote Taricus:
Who are your top two scumpicks?

Replace all instances of "Okami" in that last post with "Taricus"

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: May 26, 2011, 06:10:20 pm »

Wow. You need reasons, not just jumping on bandwagons all day long. Hiding something? and You bother me are not valid.
And for a matter of fact I DID read it. You're being vague I'm calling you out on it. Simple.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: May 26, 2011, 06:36:57 pm »

Do you have a secondary pick besides Powder?

Not really. If Powder Miner doesn't flip scum I'll be a bit lost.

I'll probably look into Supercharazad for critical attention error. Or reread the thread.

unvote, Vote Taricus

Think0028 pointed out that Okami No Rei was killed. Now I'm going to point out that Taricus has asked for a replacement and will no longer be playing the game (as if he ever did in the first place).

So what are you doing? What do you expect to gain from pressing players who aren't here?

You're missing critical facts about players you 'suspect', so I'm starting to get the sense that you're more interested in the appearance of scumhunting than actually scumhunting.

Because, you know, a critical part of scumhunting is paying attention to what's going on.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: May 26, 2011, 06:40:43 pm »

Powder: how is what Super doing now jumping on bandwagons? Jumping to conclusions about Taricus, possibly, but it's hard for him to jump on a bandwagon when no one else is voting Taricus. You're throwing terms at a guy that don't relate at all to what he's doing. Also, he hasn't OMGUS'd because he's been voting Taricus the whole time. Indeed, the only person who voted him yesterday was Okami, and Super hasn't been voting for Okami. Please sit down and think about what you're posting. Just because OMGUS and bandwagoning are accusations doesn't mean you can use them willy nilly.

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: May 26, 2011, 08:14:14 pm »

I was willing to give Powder the benefit of the doubt about him being town who just had no clue, as I've been, but holy fuck. Think hit the nail on the head when he said Powder is making shit up. It really does just look like he's flailing around for some straw to grasp.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: May 26, 2011, 10:21:07 pm »

I was referring to earilier with Taricus, day 1, although he did turn out to be scum.
Come on Think, think.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: May 26, 2011, 10:23:17 pm »

And the Day 1 OMGUSFoS. I'm not stupid, I actually look for evidence when I pressure someone.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: May 26, 2011, 10:27:17 pm »

Powder:
And the Day 1 OMGUSFoS. I'm not stupid, I actually look for evidence when I pressure someone.

Really?

Further fakeedit: Gah, what was I thinking calling you passive at all? I need to check the pages I've been gone for more closely.

You've obviously attracted a lot of suspicion.  At this point, the best thing for you to do is for you to present a detailed, well-reasoned, and backed up attack on your top pick.  One or two line attacks will not do it.   If it's well-reasoned and insightful, you may get people to agree with it.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: May 26, 2011, 10:40:01 pm »

Wow. You need reasons, not just jumping on bandwagons all day long.

He 'jumped on a bandwagon' once, at the beginning of day 1, and since then he's been sticking doggedly to Taricus. If anything, you could be accusing him of tunneling, seeing as how he's been surprisingly adamant in not questioning anyone but Taricus.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: May 26, 2011, 10:56:53 pm »

OK. I'll be referencing D1 for this attack.
Day 1. Early on in the day, a vote fore Taricus arises. After seeing him do somethign close to an OMGUS I decide to question him about it. I do so, and supercharazad proceeds to join in with simply no more explanation than "Hiding something?". Seems like a bandwagon to me. LAter on in the day, after switching targets, he gets in an argument with Taricus, starts with something around "You bother me" and eventually stopping at a vote. For a player who, as Jim noted, isn't even here.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: May 27, 2011, 12:57:16 am »

Arguments are best presented when they're directed against the player you suspect.

Which is to say, go confront him and demand an explanation for his actions.

Just laying out your suspicions isn't really all that effective. It doesn't prompt any action from your target.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 32