Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 32

Author Topic: Beginners' Mafia XXIII [1/7, 3/3]: Evening 3 - GAME OVER & TOWN WIN!  (Read 95052 times)

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
Re: Beginners' Mafia XXIII [7/7, 2/2]: 1 replace, please!~
« Reply #300 on: May 20, 2011, 02:27:46 pm »

Well, I don't know what questions to ask, so could you give me a few pointers? (If you already have, mind linking me back to it?0

Perhaps I should clarify.

If you are interested in playing the game, then you should put in an effort to actually play it.

If you're not, you should request a replacement. I don't care if you do. I won't be offended. Mafia isn't a game for everyone.

What will offend me is if you're just stringing me along and giving me the runaround because you don't have it in you to tell me you don't want to play.

You've been getting tons of good advice that you've completely ignored. So you asking for more when there's already a wealth available to you is completely absurd.

Go read through the thread. Read all the advice. Look at other people's play, and the sorts of questions they ask. Copy them if you have to. Get to work.

You can't be spoon fed how to play mafia. You actually have to put in an ounce of effort and figure out what works and what doesn't for yourself.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: May 20, 2011, 02:39:18 pm »

Taricus, you bother me.FoS Taricus.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: May 20, 2011, 02:40:03 pm »

Why?

Yes, you have to say why, even if it's "obvious."
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: May 20, 2011, 02:40:36 pm »

Aren't you voting him?

That's pretty redundant to FoS somebody after you've voted him.

And Toaster beat me to the why.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: May 20, 2011, 02:42:03 pm »

Oh hey, you are voting him.  What was the point of that FoS then?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: May 20, 2011, 02:45:37 pm »

Why?

Because he bothers me.
Why are you trying to defend him, Toaster?

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: May 20, 2011, 02:52:37 pm »

Why?

Because he bothers me.
Why are you trying to defend him, Toaster?

Lesson time!

You shouldn't assume that because somebody is asking you about your suspicions of another player, that they are defending said player.

More likely, they have an issue with you.

Turning around and suspecting them is not the proper response. You look scummy and jumpy doing that. You should, instead, just answer their question. Hopefully, your answer is good, but any answer is better than suspecting them for doing something completely innocent.

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: May 20, 2011, 03:04:10 pm »

Day 1 Has Ended!
Okami no Rei has been Lynched!
He was an Assassin (Mafia)!

Votecount:
Think0028 - 0 -
Supercharazard - 1 - Okami No Rei
Okami No Rei - 3 - Taricus, Jim Groovester, Heliman
Powder Miner - 2 - Toaster, Think0028,
Taricus - 1 - Supercharazard,
Heliman - 1 - breadbocks
breadbocks - 0 -
Jim Groovester - 0 -
Toaster - 0 -

Not Voting - 1 -  Powder Miner,
No Lynch  - 0 -

Extend  - 2 - Okami no Rei
Shorten  - 0 -

The King surveyed the table of votes as the nobles spoke. And when the church bell rang outside, the nobles were restrained.

"Okami, Lord of Rei, you have been declared guilty by your peers gathered here today. Any final words?"

"Yes! The revolution will never die, you swine! You may kill the men, but you can never kill the idea! We will be martyrs, haunting you for the remainder of your days and outstripping your legacy tenfold! Vive la Re-"

He was cut short as a longsword was driven into his chest, and with a short gasp he collapsed onto the floor, dead.

"You have done well. Now that it is night, you may retire to the chambers that I have prepared for you. We will meet again come dawn."

The guards show you to your room, and you see the king stumble into the royal bedroom.

Okami no Rei has been lynched. He was an Assassin (Mafia).
breadbocks has replaced anzki4.

Night 1 has begun!
Scum & power roles, send in your night actions.

The Night will end Monday, 8PM GMT.

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
Re: Beginners' Mafia XXIII [7/7, 2/2]: The Birth of Great Nations
« Reply #308 on: May 25, 2011, 04:07:10 pm »

Day 1 Has Begun!
Heliman has been Nightkilled!
He was a Nobleman (Town).

Votecount:
Think0028 - 0 -
Supercharazard - 0 -
Powder Miner - 0 -
Taricus - 0 -
breadbocks - 0 -
Jim Groovester - 0 -
Toaster - 0 -

Not Voting - 0 -
No Lynch  - 0 -

Extend  - 0 -
Shorten  - 0 -

You all wake up to a red dawn, noticing first the pale green body on the floor swollen beyond recognition. Only by the clothes do you manage to identify the corpse as that of Heliman, Earl Green.

"The assassins have taken another life for their twisted cause. But as we take an eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth, so shall we take one of their lives for this honourable man now lost."

"You may begin."

The Day will end Friday, 8PM GMT.

You need 3 to Extend and 5 to Shorten.

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginners' Mafia XXIII [5/7, 2/2]: D2 - The Law of Retaliation
« Reply #309 on: May 25, 2011, 04:17:20 pm »

Powder Miner. Not only was your reaction to pressure extremely suspicious, the fact that your panic came from being pressed to question Okami gives me very good reason to believe you're scum. Why was the only question you generated for Okami so weak? I suspect it was because you were trying to appease Jim so that he'd get off your back without putting pressure on your scumbuddy.
If it scares people into posting, then yes.

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.
Web-based Lurker Tracker for Mafia

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: May 25, 2011, 05:12:03 pm »

Powder:  Who are your top two suspects now?  Why?

Super:  Have your suspicions changed any?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: May 25, 2011, 05:14:00 pm »

Also, IC note:

Well done!  Lynching scum on D1 is an accomplishment.  That has put the last scum on the defensive.

You can now read back on Okami's posts to see which of his interactions seem forced or unnatural in an attempt to dig out clues as to his scumbuddy might be.  Also look back on how everyone interacted with him to look for slips.

More later, but I'm tight for time.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: May 25, 2011, 05:45:40 pm »

So, Toaster, why do you think Powder is suspicious enough to earn a second vote this early into D2? Think clearly stated why he thought Powder was suspicious, but you just look like you're looking for an excuse to bandwagon with "Who are your top two suspects now? Why?".
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: May 25, 2011, 05:52:43 pm »

Huh, my Internet was gone for a few days. Guess I didn't miss anything.

Anyways, yes, listen to Toaster. He's exactly right about the situation.

Scum's worst enemies are themselves first, then their teammates, then finally, clever town, so scan through Okami No Rei's interactions with every other player, and every player's interactions with Okami No Rei, for clues. Interactions that look forced, ones that completely ignore another player (unless pressed), and trying to stay arm's length away, are generally good indications.

Remember, though, looking for interactions guides your search. You generally can't lynch on them on their own (unless it's really, really blatant). You still need good, solid evidence of a player's own individual scumminess to lynch him. It does give you material to use to dig into another player, at the very least. Material you should use.

Powder Miner, you refused to attack Okami No Rei when pressed, even though you claimed you suspected him, and he claimed you were town with barely any reason to think so. Combined with your flipping out at anybody who pressed you, you're looking very scummy.

There's pretty much nothing you can say to make me think you're not scum, but you're welcome to try.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: May 25, 2011, 05:58:36 pm »

I didn't refuse to press. I was waiting for another post from him because I hate recycling other people's ideas- as I've had to mention several times, but which has been repeatedly ignored by you, Think.
And wait, he claimed I was town? I didn't really notice that. Where, please? The only time he mention me-at least as far as I can see. is in his bandwagon trap, and not to call me town.
And Think, my panis in no way came from having to pressure Okami. If you'll read my posts, I had started panicking since Toaster had voted me.
The question I had made was weak because I was trying to get Okami to psot so I could actually make some new points.

And Toaster, I think my top two suspicions would be Supercharazad, because of his lack of much posting. Probably if he hadn't been waiting for a replace, it would have been anzki for the same reason. But he HAS been waiting for a replacement.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 32