Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 32

Author Topic: Beginners' Mafia XXIII [1/7, 3/3]: Evening 3 - GAME OVER & TOWN WIN!  (Read 95083 times)

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginners' Mafia XXIII [7/7, 2/2]: 1 replace, please!~
« Reply #195 on: May 18, 2011, 04:32:05 pm »

Powder miner: Simply put, I'm not scum but just inexperienced to a larger degree. I didn't post due to the lack of anyone asking me anything and I couldn't think of anything to say that may've help the town.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: May 18, 2011, 04:35:31 pm »

OK, fine. But what about your near-OMGUS earlier?

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: May 18, 2011, 04:38:28 pm »

That was me tripping on my own inexperience.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: May 18, 2011, 04:52:24 pm »

I request a spoilspec and get an invitation to replace someone. Der fuck.

Sure, I guess. Just don't put me officially in till the end of day1. I need to read the thread.

Because spoiler spectators limit the pool of replacements, which is already very small.

Jim, I've already told you my reasons, but: I've been going onto Taricus because of that OMGUS and his lurking. But now it's seeming more like it's not because he's scummy, but just noobtells, although I'm not really good enoughn to tell the difference. Yet I'm still going to press him because I'm not convinced he's town, he hasn't been lynched, and I'm not dead. So I'll continue to press him. I hope that clears it up.

So you're not sure about him but you're going to try and get him lynched anyway?

You can't lynch willy-nilly; you've only got two free mislynches before you have to get it right. You want to be using them on your best guesses for scum, not people you're not sure about.

Who else do you have an opinion besides your not-sure-but-gonna-vote-anyway opinion on Taricus?

That was me tripping on my own inexperience.

Don't you have a list of suspicions you need to make?

That's a rhetorical question. You do, in fact, have a list of suspicions you need to make.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: May 18, 2011, 05:13:04 pm »

I actually don't have very many suspicions besides Taricus, although the reasoning you people've been bringing to bear on Okami is beginnign to make me suspicious of Okami. However, I'll refrain from voting until I question Okami myself. Because otherwise it would be a bandwagon, and from personal experience, (I've tried hosting several Mafia games on a forum Igo to), bandwagons don't usually end well for town.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: May 18, 2011, 05:19:15 pm »

Such as...?

You're not actually bringing up any original arguments, and you're rehashing a several days old argument over to justify voting Taricus. Rehashing seems to describe your overall scumhunting strategy pretty well.

Essentially, scummy scummy scum scum scumface mcscumigan.

The only reason you 'suspect' Okami No Rei is because I do and you're hoping that'll satisfy me and get me off your case. It won't.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: May 18, 2011, 05:40:33 pm »

Wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong and wrong.

I'm not rehashing my arguments, I'm trying to get Taricus to answer them, which he finally has begun to do. And you're not the only person in the world, and I hate to hurt your ego, but I'm not trying to appease you. I'm actually suspicious of Okami. And scumhunt me all you want, it doesn't matter. You can employ your tactics to try to go for an easy noob lynch, but as long as I get as much information as possible before it, I can still win because one doesn't need to be alive to win. Or was that what you were afraid of, sir scum?

First of all, first you accuse me of having no reason, and then when I point out that I do, you continue to attempt to find a reason to make my reasons bad. (Debasing my reaons to get me off of people is something you seem to be doing a lot lately: I believe it's called chainsaw defending) As Taricus is lurking due to fear, I haven't got any answers out of him (Surprise!), although he's started to asnwer my questions. Then, to scumhunt more people, I'm going to wait until Okami coomes on beause I'm going to question him. And I've stated before that I was a little suspicious of Okami, and because he bugs me, I'm going to scumhunt him, which you seem to have a problem with me doing (scumhunting) for some reason. And seriously, do you h ave a better argument than "scummy scummy scum scum scumface mcscumigan", sir?

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: May 18, 2011, 06:01:54 pm »

If you're suspicious of Okami No Rei, what about him makes you suspicious?

Then, to scumhunt more people, I'm going to wait until Okami coomes on beause I'm going to question him. And I've stated before that I was a little suspicious of Okami, and because he bugs me, I'm going to scumhunt him, which you seem to have a problem with me doing (scumhunting) for some reason.

How about you ask Okami No Rei questions now.

No dicking around or stalling for time. Put your money where your mouth is, scumbucket.

If you don't ask a bunch of questions now, you're just waiting for Okami No Rei to give you a list of good questions to ask to save your sorry ass.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: May 18, 2011, 06:21:04 pm »

No matter what you may try, painting me as wanting to stay alive at all costs isn't going to do anything, and I'm sorry for you if you think that's going to stop me from scumhunting. And you're right. I AM waiting for Okami to post, because I haven't been paying attention to his posts. And I have your little trap figured out. If I wait anymore you're going to call me passive, and rail against me on that. And If I use an older post, you're going to accuse me of rehashing statements. But to be frank, your intimidation tactics don't work. I'm going to do what I'm going to do- that is, find legitimate questions to ask, so I can actually scumhunt instead of trying to fight against your attempts to prevent me from doing so. And your name-calling is rather silly. Just saying.

And as I said, I'm just trying to get as much info as possible before death. As long as I manage to turn up something good, there's a better lynch chance that whoever the scum is, they'll be lynched. And one can win after death.

Also, I am actually suspicious Okami because of the argument between you two. But still, I'll wait  until I make an argument on my own before I do that.
But since I need to scumhunt, and you seem awfully eager to prevent that, how about I question YOU, unvote, Jim Groovester Jim?
And I'm keeping my vote until I'm satisfied with your answers, call it OMGUS as you wish.

So, Jim, do you have a single argument other than the passivity one you keep rehashing and rehashing (and unlike Taricus, I'm actually answering you.)? Please, tell it to me. Because it seems to me like you're not actually scumhunting, just going in an attempt to get me lynched. If you were scumhunting me, you would actually ask me different questions, not just ones you repeat over and over again (albeit with different names in the blank.) So do it. I'm actually open to being scumhunted, because if you actually scumhunt me, I think you'll find that I'm actually NOT just going to lie down and pose as scum. And I think that maybe you already know that I'm not scum. (Yes, that's right, I'm calling you scum. Go ahead and call me out on it. Please, I actually do want an answer from you.) But you do know that I'm jumpy and an easy lynch, after Toaster voted me with an accusation of passivity (Which I overreacted to, being unusually jumpy that night- I don't really remember why) And hey, your passive argument isn't even original- It's repeated from Toaster- Bandwagon much?

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: May 18, 2011, 06:30:35 pm »

Wow! And your question about why I was going for Okami wasn't original either! I've been asked the same question by Toaster! And considering the fact that you've asked the same question about Taricus a billion times, I think you need to find a new argument other than repeating Toaster's questions. I mean, really, Jim, I thought you were better than that, being the almighty IC.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: May 18, 2011, 06:32:27 pm »

And- sorry for triple posting- the reason I was jumpy last night might have been the swollen gland in my neck. Only mild swelling, but it still aches annoyingly.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: May 18, 2011, 06:47:26 pm »

So I ask you to list what makes you suspicious of Okami No Rei, and then I tell you to ask a bunch of questions now instead of later.

Your reaction?

Don't do any of that, vote me, and then make up a bunch of stuff.

You see, a key part of scumhunting is getting your scum targets to do what they're avoiding trying to do, to get them in a position where they have to do it or they otherwise lose all credibility and basically reveal themselves to be scum.

You really don't want to lift a finger against Okami No Rei.

Why not?

It's easy. You're scum.

Unvote. Powder Miner. Congratulations, you've earned it.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: May 18, 2011, 07:09:34 pm »

Actually, I do want to lift a finger against Okami. I just don't want to be yelled at for doing that same thing by you- And as I predicted in that earlier post, exactly as I just predicted, you're calling me out on passivity and accusing me of not wanting to scumhunt Okami no rei. The thing is, you really, really need to read my points, which you seem not to be doing. Or rather, you seem to not be addressing the points that I make against you that look incriminating of you and that you don't like. In short, you're trying to deflect attention away from my arguments- especially by trying to poison the well with a random excuse that I'm making everything up- which i'm not. You really are taking your arguments from Toaster. You really ARE using the same question and argument (stolen too) over and over again.

I'm not going to ask a bunch of questions NOW. And I'm tired of having to list my suspicions over and over again. Either stop your fallacious reasoning and stop tunneling me, or continue with a nice bandwagon attempt. Because I don't have any questions to ask! And you seem to be rather jittery about me scumhunting you, piled on top with a nice OMGUS.

So let's recap your arguments here:

If I scumhunt someone, you accuse me of being repetitive. If I start scumhunting other people too, you call me passive and wishy-washy.
You refuse to acknowledge any of the points whch you can't easily wriggle your way out of. Indeed, you try to deflect attention from them, by calling them made-up.  And then you OMGUS. I guess you reeeeeeeeeeally don't like getting scumhunted, huh Jim? Now, as you said, I should get you to do something you are avoiding. And what that is is very simple to deduce. Answer those poitns. Every one of them. Stop ignoring my answers to your questions. And stop recycling the same logic.

And what is your big supposed logic? When I don't immediately ask questions of which I have none (And have already said so, but you're tunneling me), you say  that I don't want to touch Okami. And then you attempt to justify everything with "Oh look he's scum, obviously! Everyone look away from me, HE'S the scum!" I mean really, stop tunneling. Get a new argument. Stop tunneling me. and especially stop trying to avoid getting scumhunted. I know it's want you don't want to happen. So. Answer me, Jim. Or are you really unprepared with any actual logic, scum?

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: May 18, 2011, 07:15:04 pm »

Powder Miner:

1) What the hell?
2) What happened to focusing only on Taricus, who you were so insistent was scum?
3) What happened to your suspicions of Okami? Why wouldn't you form them into actual questions?
4) Why are you attacking Jim for IC behavior?
5) What the hell?!
If it scares people into posting, then yes.

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.
Web-based Lurker Tracker for Mafia

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: May 18, 2011, 07:27:51 pm »

1. I don't understand what you're trying with the profanity. I'm simply calling him out. And if you look at my previous post, I really did say that he'd attempt to call me out on passivity- an argument he's been recycling- and he did. And he has been refusing to answer my points, he's just been continuing to use the same question (Which Toaster had just used against me mind you). I don't see the problem.

2. I've never attempted to focus ONLY on Taricus. Doing so would be bad for town. I'm scumhunting multiplem people. And judging by his tunneling, I'm guessing I'm being fairly successful. And Taricus is also an easy lynch. I want to see about other people as well before I go for a throat.

3. My suspicions? I still have them. I just don't HAVE any actual questions for him yet and I don't want to steal an argument.

4. I'm certainly not attacking Jim for scum behavior. Tunneling, deflection, OMGUS, and recycling arguments are in no way IC behavior. They're scum behavior. Why are you defending Jim from my scumhunting over that?

5. Again with the profanity. No idea what you're trying to prove there.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 32