Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 32

Author Topic: Beginners' Mafia XXIII [1/7, 3/3]: Evening 3 - GAME OVER & TOWN WIN!  (Read 95030 times)

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginners' Mafia XXIII [7/7, 2/2]: D1 - Courtroom Brawl
« Reply #75 on: May 16, 2011, 03:15:06 pm »

There is no detail to it, plain and simple. You want needless elaboration and detail in which I may possibly be able to deceive you with a wall of text, go get someone else. I give it as simply as I can. Not to mention I do forget things...

You want me to stop pressing you? How about... no.

Give me a reason not to press you further, and then answer the bloody question.
It would've generated A response, something I could worked with.

Why not say that when you understood it, not after I pressed you?

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 16, 2011, 03:16:24 pm »

And the fact is, I gave you an answer. I you don't want to read out of delusion, fine by me.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 16, 2011, 03:18:34 pm »

And the fact is, I gave you an answer. I you don't want to read out of delusion, fine by me.

No, actually, you didn't answer.

My question was:

Why not answer the question when you understood it, not after I pressed you on not answering.

Also, you didn't give a reason for me not to press you, so I want that too.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 16, 2011, 03:20:49 pm »

And I'll say it again, I understood it after you pressed it.

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 16, 2011, 03:25:24 pm »

There is no detail to it, plain and simple. You want needless elaboration and detail in which I may possibly be able to deceive you with a wall of text, go get someone else. I give it as simply as I can. Not to mention I do forget things...

So here's the thing: we can't let up on you. There's a 2/9 chance that you're scum from sheer probability. Information changes that. Lack of information only makes you more suspicious, not less. Why would someone be unwilling to share information? The only good reason here is that you're scum and you don't want to reveal your position. A vanilla townie will want to talk as much as possible because the worst that can happen for a townie is that you're accidentally lynched, and then people can read everything you said knowing you're innocent. Seeing how people react to innocent talk can be extremely enlightening. If you constantly keep to yourself, you hurt the town because when you (almost inevitably) die, we get very little information.

Also consider that if all townies are extremely open, then if the scum clam up, it's obvious who's scum. This forces the scum to open up and provide more information for us to analyze.

In summary: if you're a townie, you want to share information. If you're scum, you want to share information so that you aren't obviously scummy.
If it scares people into posting, then yes.

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.
Web-based Lurker Tracker for Mafia

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 16, 2011, 03:26:25 pm »

Follow-up: I get 2/9 from an educated guess and knowledge of previous BM. I don't actually know if there's 2 mafia or not.

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 16, 2011, 03:26:44 pm »

Fact is I don't have much information to give.

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 16, 2011, 03:26:49 pm »

And I'll say it again, I understood it after you pressed it.

You understood it before I pressed it, I already gave evidence that you understood.

ANSWER THE FUCKING QUESTIONS.

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 16, 2011, 03:28:14 pm »

Right, going to sleep now, I'll deal with you later, if you havn't answered yet, I'm going to be pissed.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 16, 2011, 03:29:14 pm »

And I don't even remember. If I don't answer you, it means I don't have an answer. Enjoy your anger.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 16, 2011, 03:30:59 pm »

I don't actually know if there's 2 mafia or not.

There's always a 2/9 scumteam in these games unless someone has grievously fucked up.

And I don't even remember. If I don't answer you, it means I don't have an answer. Enjoy your anger.

Get off your ass and scumhunt.  You're playing too passively.

I understand the social skills thing, bro.  I really, really do--that's why I came here in the first place.  Don't give up on it, because it does get better.  But to do that, you're going to have to stop playing off the sidelines.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 16, 2011, 03:32:48 pm »

I don't actually know if there's 2 mafia or not.

There's always a 2/9 scumteam in these games unless someone has grievously fucked up.

Good to know, thanks.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 16, 2011, 03:36:58 pm »

You need to acknowledge questions, at least.  If you don't have an answer, explicitly say so, explain why, and prepare to defend your lack of answer.

You're going to get pressured in this game- everyone does.  Come to expect it.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 16, 2011, 03:39:31 pm »

Pressure applied to someone doesn't equal the fact that you'll get much out of them. Not to mention that a scum would be more subtle than me.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 16, 2011, 03:46:47 pm »

Pressure applied to someone doesn't equal the fact that you'll get much out of them. Not to mention that a scum would be more subtle than me.

Pressure generally won't go away if the person applying it doesn't like what they get out of it.

Beyond that, that logic you used ("Scum me wouldn't do this") is actually no good, commonly referred to here as WIFOM.  Simply put, 99 times out of 100 that type of statement does no good and shouldn't be used.

I don't see you applying pressure of your own.  Why aren't you questioning people?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 32