Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 32

Author Topic: Beginners' Mafia XXIII [1/7, 3/3]: Evening 3 - GAME OVER & TOWN WIN!  (Read 95053 times)

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
Re: Beginners' Mafia XXIII [5/7, 2/2]: D2 - The Law of Retaliation
« Reply #315 on: May 25, 2011, 05:59:47 pm »

Oh, and Supercharazad's random attacks on Taricus, with the only reasoning being: "Hiding something?" and "You bother me.", although the second one was only a FoS

Heliman

• Bay Watcher
  • I knew you were coming. Nonetheless, welcome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: May 25, 2011, 06:45:50 pm »

Et tu, assassin assholes? Then fall! Heliman!

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: May 25, 2011, 06:54:37 pm »

I think you mean !@#hole. One died :D

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: May 25, 2011, 07:00:09 pm »

Powder, way to dodge Toaster's question. He asked for TWO, not one and one that you would have picked, had I not been there.

Off topic:
Et tu, assassin assholes? Then fall! Heliman!
Ah, gotta love the "Bah" post. Always interesting to see what people say. And on the same vein of death, LNCP, did you remember to give the lynchee(s) the deadchat link?
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: May 25, 2011, 07:01:36 pm »

Breadbocks, I don't really HAVE another one. I answered my question to the best of my abilities. And answering it, even if not exactly, isn't dodging it.

Okami No Rei

• Bay Watcher
  • It is by will alone that I set my mind in motion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: May 25, 2011, 07:05:14 pm »

Valar morghulis.
It is by the spice caffeine that thoughts acquire speed.
...start thinking that everything somebody does is scummy or that everything is part of some scummy plan to be incredibly devious and mislead the town...

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: May 25, 2011, 08:04:27 pm »

I didn't refuse to press. I was waiting for another post from him because I hate recycling other people's ideas- as I've had to mention several times, but which has been repeatedly ignored by you, Think.
And wait, he claimed I was town? I didn't really notice that. Where, please? The only time he mention me-at least as far as I can see. is in his bandwagon trap, and not to call me town.

If you didn't notice you should pay closer attention.

I don't think he's scum, and this close to day end, I'm not going to put my vote on him just to apply pressure.  I'm voting to lynch.

Your excuses for why you're not really scumhunting don't really matter since you're repeating the same pattern today.

If you suspect Supercharazad, ask him some questions.

Mentioning your suspicions while you're on the spot doesn't really mean anything. You still have to do something with them if you actually want to make it through to the end of the day without your neck in the noose.

Taricus, are you still in this game?
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: May 25, 2011, 08:10:53 pm »

OK then, but it doesn't really matter if I get lynched as long as town wins. So let's get cracking.
So, supercharazad, do you have any reasoning other than "Hiding something?" and "You bother me", or are you going to bandwagon and OMGUD all day long?

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: May 25, 2011, 08:15:35 pm »

Yeah, My schedule is a bit hectic at the moment though...
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: May 25, 2011, 08:27:24 pm »

So you've got an afternoon to play RTDs and other Forum games but not a moment to spare for mafia.

Right.

Sure.

Hectic.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: May 25, 2011, 08:30:26 pm »

I need to study Okami's interactions to see what can be gleaned from them, but here's this first.   More will come later.

Breadbocks:
So, Toaster, why do you think Powder is suspicious enough to earn a second vote this early into D2? Think clearly stated why he thought Powder was suspicious, but you just look like you're looking for an excuse to bandwagon with "Who are your top two suspects now? Why?".

The same reason I thought him suspicious enough to vote yesterday.  Calling it a bandwagon vote at this point is asinine, considering I spelled out my suspicions clearly yesterday.

However, I'll indulge you:

I wanted to see more out of Powder mid D1, so I voted him with a question.  He had an extremely over reactive meltdown in response (containing a deflection and kneejerk OMGUS), and spends the rest of the game day extremely jittery.  Additionally, he flipped and flopped over his suspicions [1].  He kept stating suspicion of Okami without actually doing anything about it until much later. 

To add on, we have his recent post here.  He starts off defending himself from the votes (which is fine) and stating his suspicion of Super in response to me (also fine.)

He then finishes his post without scumhunting or questioning at all.  Not fine.

In his most recent post, he finally starts questioning Super, but only after Jim asks him why he isn't.   He's reactionary hyper-defensive scum.

How about you?  You just replaced in.  Who (still living now) was the scummiest at the end of D1?  After the opening D2 shots, who is scummiest now?

[1]
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=84271.msg2278808#msg2278808  Flip
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=84271.msg2278822#msg2278822  Flop

Powder:  While your suspicions are fine, you need to follow up on them, especially at the start of the new game day.  If you press attacks and make sound arguments, you'll find yourself getting lynched much less.

Super:
Taricus, you bother me.FoS Taricus.

Why?

Yes, you have to say why, even if it's "obvious."

Because he bothers me.
Why are you trying to defend him, Toaster?

Missed this.  I'm not defending him- I have a habit of calling out people who don't post sufficient reasoning with their votes/FoSes.

Taricus:  There's plenty of material now for you to get some good solid questioning and accusations.  If you can't, either you're not trying or this isn't the game for you.  (It happens.)

Valar morghulis.

Valar dohaeris.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: May 25, 2011, 08:33:28 pm »

So you've got an afternoon to play RTDs and other Forum games but not a moment to spare for mafia.

Right.

Sure.

Hectic.
Thread locked before I could ask for a Replace though...
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: May 25, 2011, 08:36:24 pm »

I hate how I'm scummy-looking enough to be getting scum advice when I'm not even scum.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: May 25, 2011, 08:59:23 pm »

Unvote Toaster. Fair enough. I hadn't any real suspicions, and your lack of stating why was as good a starting point as any.

Going into the night, I didn't really have any concrete suspicions. I was too busy being distracted at ONR's utter panic. However, Powder's reaction to being pressured has been.... Odd, to say the least.

So, Powder, why do you think it's scum advice, when all Toast is doing is stating what keeps the noose off of your neck. The same fact applies to everyone else in the game.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: May 25, 2011, 09:27:39 pm »

Toaster, the last Beginner's Game where both ICs survived through to the second day was when you were scum.

Is there something I should look into there?

This is a meta argument and it's pretty substanceless. I have no reason to suspect Toaster is actually scum, but I'm using knowledge of previous games to help guide my search. There's nothing wrong with doing this, and a lot of your play as you get more experienced will be comparing players' current game to previous games.

The argument I'm using right now is pretty WIFOMy, even without considering the meta aspects. I'm looking into the nightkill for reasons to suspect somebody, which is something I have repeatedly said that you should never, ever, ever do. Maybe not in this game, but past games. The connection between no IC nightkills => Scum IC is completely baseless and if I did suspect Toaster for it I would be being super stupid dumb dumb.

In other words, don't do it.

So what's the point of this then, if I've got no reason to suspect Toaster at all and I'd be completely and totally wrong about it anyway? Well, maybe he'll give me something to work with. If this were a normal game I wouldn't have to explain all of this without a bunch of cautionary details, but since it is a Beginner's Game I have to make sure I cover all my bases in terms of teaching and being an example so I don't pass on tactics that are dangerous for inexperienced players to use.

And yes, explaining it completely deflates my attack, but it's not like Toaster is shaking in his boots about it anyway.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 32