Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 32

Author Topic: Beginners' Mafia XXIII [1/7, 3/3]: Evening 3 - GAME OVER & TOWN WIN!  (Read 94991 times)

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginners' Mafia XXIII [7/7, 2/2]: D1 - Courtroom Brawl
« Reply #135 on: May 17, 2011, 12:21:33 pm »

Toaster: It is suspect. I chalk that up to my inexperience. I won't do that again. My idea was that I wasn't certain what to do about Okami, so my vote would be more powerful to bring Heliman in than as an uncertain hold on Okami.

Instead of just defending my voting for Okami, I'm going to challenge him some more.

Okami. Now that I think more about your actions and your responses, I see you as pushing for a bandwagon
Pushing for scum.  Bandwagons, like mobs, tend to form around action.
you didn't want to physically participate in
Certainly not after I saw I wasn't getting anywhere.  Like I said, I like to see results.
that didn't materialize.
Because I was the one who shut it down.

There was a fair bit of time between you starting the push on Taricus and you 'revealing' your master plot. About 24 hours or so. While I understand that you can only make so many content filled posts or so, you can't say that you didn't expect anything to happen in those 24 hours. What would you have done if the bandwagon really materialized? Maybe it's just me, but I feel like you're pushing for someone to hang, even if they're non-scum.

Quote from: Okami no Rei
Now that that's finished, I think you're trying to find someone to pin the blame on.
Blame?  For the bandwagon?  Who?  I'm the one who started it, collapsed it, and am now hunting with its remains.

To blame for hopping onto a bandwagon of your own creation. It's one thing to point out people hopping onto a bandwagon, it's another if you're driving it. Why should we believe that you aren't scum pushing for the easy lynch? First you go for the guy unwilling to commit or post anything, then you go for the ones who hop on a bandwagon, again, that you started.

What I don't see is someone who's actually concerned with finding scum. What I see is someone who's concerned with finding lynchable people. Why Supercharazad? What makes you think that his vote is a scum vote and not a beginner townie vote?
If it scares people into posting, then yes.

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.
Web-based Lurker Tracker for Mafia

Heliman

• Bay Watcher
  • I knew you were coming. Nonetheless, welcome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: May 17, 2011, 01:27:37 pm »

@SuperCharazard

Horseshit. Calling a chainsaw defense without any flipped scum is a Null Tell.

It doesn't automatically justify a sham of a scum hunt
A sham?  Do elaborate on this claim.  Bring evidence.
Don't need to pillweef, because the answer is simple. You said yourself that you weren't scum hunting Taricus because he was scummy, therefore your scum hunt was a ruse.

followed by a planned lurk, it just introduces WIFOM into the equation.
Planned lurk?  That's what you call knocking off for the night, and returning the next day?  I've got another four of those planned for the rest of this week. You're changing your story again, you said that the lurk was a tactical move to get "reactions" and work and sleep played a role in deciding to wait.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: May 17, 2011, 01:38:26 pm »

Jim Groovester: Who are your two top scumpicks, and why?

Okami No Rei. For pressuring Taricus for show and for changing up his story about what he was actually doing about that.

And then... I'm not sure. After Okami No Rei there's a sharp drop-off in my suspicions. I'd probably say anski4 for the following reasons.

Thirdly and fourthly there are Heliman and Think0028 for perhaps too eager lynchstacking...

There's nothing wrong with wanting people lynched. It's how the town wins games.

You just have to watch out that they're not going for easy lynches instead of lynching their suspects.

I'll also note that three out of four of your suspects are voting for Okami No Rei, while your fourth is Okami No Rei. That's... a very interesting scum list, seeing as how it is focused around Okami No Rei. Toaster pointed out that you're voting your second suspect, and not your first. But at some point, if you're actually telling the truth about who you suspect, you're going to have to bite the bullet and vote Okami No Rei.

So when are you going to do that?

If you don't, you're his partner.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

anzki4

• Bay Watcher
  • On the wings of maybe
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: May 17, 2011, 01:39:45 pm »

Toaster: They were in no particular order. Probably should've said that.

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: May 17, 2011, 02:01:07 pm »

Planned lurk?  That's what you call knocking off for the night, and returning the next day?  I've got another four of those planned for the rest of this week. You're changing your story again, you said that the lurk was a tactical move to get "reactions" and work and sleep played a role in deciding to wait.

o_0

You're interragating yourself?

anzki4

• Bay Watcher
  • On the wings of maybe
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: May 17, 2011, 02:25:23 pm »

Unvote Taricus: fair enough.

Jim Groovester: like I said in my previous post, the listing was in random order, so Okami is not my "prime suspect." I honestly did not have one before this:

Something making you nervous, Heliman?? What make's you so distracted arguing against yourself?

anzki4

• Bay Watcher
  • On the wings of maybe
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: May 17, 2011, 02:27:00 pm »

I should probably rephrase my question to Heliman; What make's you so distracted that you are arguing against yourself?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: May 17, 2011, 02:29:09 pm »

Anzki:
Toaster: They were in no particular order. Probably should've said that.

So who is your #1 pick?

Think:  All right.  I'm willing to buy your story for now.  Unvote Think0028.

I'll need to look back over things again to go from here.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: May 17, 2011, 02:33:14 pm »

Anzki:  Scratch that question- I started that post before your last one and didn't really read it.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Heliman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: May 17, 2011, 02:39:36 pm »

@SuperCharazard
Oh god damn it I misquoted. It's supposed to go
Planned lurk?  That's what you call knocking off for the night, and returning the next day?  I've got another four of those planned for the rest of this week.
You're changing your story again, you said that the lurk was a tactical move to get "reactions" and work and sleep played a role in deciding to wait.
[/quote]

Heliman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: May 17, 2011, 02:44:21 pm »

I should probably rephrase my question to Heliman; What make's you so distracted that you are arguing against yourself?
Aww, whose a cute little parrot? You are! Polly want a cracker?

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: May 17, 2011, 03:35:52 pm »

Let me be the first to ask for an extension: there's more to find out today.

I'll second the extension. I forgot to anyway.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Heliman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: May 17, 2011, 03:47:27 pm »

Oh yeah that's probably a good idea. Extend

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: May 17, 2011, 05:15:03 pm »

I'll extend too just in case.
If it scares people into posting, then yes.

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.
Web-based Lurker Tracker for Mafia

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: May 17, 2011, 05:48:11 pm »

Votecount:
Think0028 - 0 -
Supercharazard - 1 - Okami No Rei
Okami No Rei - 4 - Heliman, Think0028, Jim Groovester, Taricus
Powder Miner - 0 -
Taricus - 2 - Supercharazard, Powder Miner
Heliman - 1 - anzki4
anzki4 - 0 -
Jim Groovester - 0 -
Toaster - 0 -

Not Voting - 1 -  Toaster
No Lynch  - 0 -

Extend  - 4 - Toaster, Jim Groovester, Heliman, Think0028
Shorten  - 0 -

The Day has been extended to Thursday, 8PM GMT.

You need 3 to Extend and 5 to Shorten.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 32