Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Bodicespots; Snaketributes in ice  (Read 1357 times)

Hyndis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Bodicespots; Snaketributes in ice
« on: May 09, 2011, 05:14:19 am »

http://mkv25.net/dfma/map-10374-bodicespots

All done! Or pretty sure I'm done.

Year 65, population 375. The demon hordes have been defeated. The dwarven king proudly leads his elite military, slaughtering demons, goblins, and elves with frightening ease.

The underworld is mostly tamed, though not quite. Its still dangerous due to some uncovered glowing pits and of course the demons that appear.

Elaborate cast ice fortress is finished. There aren't many buildings above ground, but almost all of the fortress is below ground anyways so there may not be much point in building above ground structures.

At this point about all I think is left is to perhaps finish my megaproject to tame the underworld, by sealing the remainder of the glowing pits and to set up regular military patrols to engage and hunt down the demon hordes.

Demons are also good eating! :D A single demon will produce a vast amount of meat. You can probably get 500ish meals from a single demon.

Qwicol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bodicespots; Snaketributes in ice
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2011, 05:35:22 am »

This is, this is AW-E-SO-M-E.

And what is fps? xd

Seanp888

• Bay Watcher
  • Just some guy *shrug*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2011, 05:38:06 am »

This is, this is AW-E-SO-M-E.

And what is fps? xd

Most definitely, But yes what kinda fps did you have man?
\  I don't imagine them marching out there in a column and facing the enemy in a phalanx and using traditional footwork and precise blows to disable their target.  I figure they chug six beers, strap up and roll out with the intention of making something vomit.\

Lexx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2011, 08:31:34 am »

Demon MEALS?! I have to attempt this now.

Hyndis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2011, 10:34:56 am »

With temperature turned on, about 40 fps.

With temperature off, about 70-75fps.

Hyndis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2011, 10:39:48 am »

Demon MEALS?! I have to attempt this now.

Most demons are larger than megabeasts or titans. A single demon will give a stack of around 250 meat, easily. Most of them seem to give more in the 300's range of just meat. Then you have other edibles, including tallow.

The most popular food item in my fortress is a demon meat roast made out of demon meat, dwarven beer, dwarven ale, and dwarven wine. Its quite dorfy.

Not all demons are edible however. Only living type demons are edible. Demons made out of things like salt or ice are not edible. You also need a massive amount of firepower to take down a demon. Compared to a demon, a bronze colossus is nothing. While a BC is nearly indestructible at least it doesn't hit that hard. The same cannot be said for a demon. Demons are eventually able to be killed but they can inflict massive damage before going down.

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
  • [FORTRESSDESTROYER:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2011, 10:42:29 am »

It would be nice for DFMA to have some way to change the tileset. Although this looks like a nice map I'm really not too sure what i'm looking at.  :-[

Hyndis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2011, 11:02:26 am »

Its just the Mayday tileset. :P

cikulisu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2011, 11:51:16 am »

only dwarves can say that they invaded hell because it tasted good.

Cyroth

• Bay Watcher
  • [FABULOUS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2011, 11:52:55 am »

I think I need to change my pants. This is the most awesome thing I've seen in a very long time.
Demons are preferable to ravens.
A noble just suffered a genuine unfortunate accident.
Has that ever happened before?

Hyndis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2011, 03:21:59 pm »

So I'm unsure if casting ice right to the edge of the map will block invaders. I didn't do it with Bodicespots.

I made a new fortress also in a freezing biome, and I'll test casting ice to the edge to see what happens. I did notice that traders can leave via a retracting bridge to the edge of the map over open space, but nothing can arrive that way.

I currently have invasions turned off. I'm going to cast ice around the edge of the map except for a narrow gap, then turn invasions back on and see if goblins spawn anywhere else aside from that narrow gap. If they do spawn elsewhere, it'll be a short lived fortress, but all for !SCIENCE!

Aramco

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2011, 03:26:43 pm »

With temperature turned on, about 40 fps.

With temperature off, about 70-75fps.

What?! How?!
Or maybe there's a god who's just completely insane and sends you to Detroit, Michigan in a new body if you ever utter the name "Pat Sajak".

Byttingen

• Bay Watcher
  • (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2011, 04:27:39 pm »

This is insane.
What was all of that on level 47? Trees and shrubs? How'd you do that? (Still relatively new here. :|)

Scaraban

• Bay Watcher
  • One Crazy Ass Giant
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2011, 04:43:14 pm »

this is crazy awesome and I award you +7 Internets and 32 Damns.
It's a long way to the top if you want dank memes.
Pages: [1] 2