Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: Shashmomuz: Where Dwarfs Are Not Expendable (Succession)  (Read 7656 times)

Microcline

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Looks like its wlerin's turn.  Edosurist, were you saying that our fort has migrants?

Otherwise, it's time to set the population cap above zero and get new dwarves for the next four turns.

wlerin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'll take edosurist's year, though I doubt I'll be able to endure for 22 months. D:

Also, we're on year 4 now, aren't we? And turn 5?
...And no one notices that a desert titan is made out of ice. No, ice capybara in the desert? Normal. Someone kinda figured out the military? Amazing!

wlerin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Any objections to atomizing the migrants? (Note: We do NOT want to use these migrants for dwarfing, they've started to develop friendships! D: )
« Last Edit: June 17, 2011, 04:40:11 pm by wlerin »
...And no one notices that a desert titan is made out of ice. No, ice capybara in the desert? Normal. Someone kinda figured out the military? Amazing!

Microcline

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Any objections to atomizing the migrants? (Note: We do NOT want to use these migrants for dwarfing, they've started to develop friendships! D: )

No objections

wlerin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm not completely dead, in case you were wondering. I should have a save up in a day or two.

In the meantime...

Why is the third cavern's lake filled with forgotten beast extract?

Microcline

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

In the meantime...

Why is the third cavern's lake filled with forgotten beast extract?

I would suspect that the forgotten beast has gone swimming

Microcline

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I received a PM from wlerin.  It seems that he is busy at the moment.  Roctiv, it's your turn.

Roctiv

• Bay Watcher
  • Human Engineer
    • View Profile

Sorry, I'm already busy with my turn in Watercloistered this week. Can I have my turn put after noodle0117, please ? (or at the end of the list, your choice)

edit : Reformulation. One is never too polite.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2011, 09:05:16 am by Roctiv »
Have a dwarven day.

noodle0117

• Bay Watcher
  • I wonder what would happen if I pull it.
    • View Profile

Ok I'll be starting my turn now.

edit: oh god what is with all of this forgotten beast extract running down the cavern lakes?

And how did you make the magma layer so shallow?

edit2: seeing how there are already 7 named dwarfs, I will enable immigrants and have the first suitable dwarf dwarfed in my name.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2011, 06:15:49 pm by noodle0117 »

noodle0117

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Early Spring
Today, I received a request to become the leader of some remote outpost by the name of Shashmomuz out in the middle of the untamed wilds. Having seen past forts located in some of the more bizarre regions of the world such as in a scorching world of sand, on a freezing mass of ice, or even in the very lands of the undead, a simple description of “savage wilds” seemed harmless enough. But anyways enough writing, it’s time for my band of 20 dwarves and me (as the leader) to head for this new outpost.

-----------------------------------------------

Mid Spring

Man this place has grass, but it’s as dry as a carcass in the middle of a desert. Hopefully there will be some good ol’ booze in that fort of theirs.

-----------------------------------------------

Mid Spring

We’ve arrived at last.

Quite a nice little fort I have to say with spacious rooms and a fairly clean and (mostly) blood-free hallway.
But… where are the rest of the dwarves?

7 dwarves (which I presumed to be the starting band of seven) came out and greeted me in a very passionate manner. Once we were done with the greetings, I tried asking the fort founder Microcline about the whereabouts of any other dwarves.

“Well this is certainly a nice fort you have here.”
“Aye it is, Shashmomuz for only ze best o’ dwarves!”
“So umm… where’s everyone else?”
“Eh? Its jus you an me an my 6 othe dwarves.”
“And… my band of accompanying workers-”
“Yeh, dem booze sponges too.”
“But where’s everyone else in the fort? Where are the gem setters? Where are the cheese makers? Where are all the useless woodburners and stone haulers that every single fort invariably has?
“Ahhh… they eh... Ey! I havnt shown you ze magma forges yet! Come wit me!”

Perhaps I should use a less direct approach to this.

Me and my band of migrants.
I'm the one on the top right.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

edit: I may need a bit more than 3 days
« Last Edit: July 01, 2011, 12:53:11 am by noodle0117 »

celem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Eh, add me onto the list and I'll have a go at this.
Marksdwarf Pillboxes
I wish I had something cool to say about this.  Because it's really cool.

wlerin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If you haven't already dealt with the extras clustered outside, they stand around in their burrow until they get dehydrated or starving, then run in and raid our stores. They need to be killed off permanently, not just left standing there. I was working on means of remedying this problem, but RL interfered.

Roctiv

• Bay Watcher
  • Human Engineer
    • View Profile

I've huge RL problems ahead of me and probably won't be able to play for a while. Remove from the list, please.
Have a dwarven day.

noodle0117

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Say, what is that room near the magma forges where there are a bunch of hanging gear assemblies for?

If nobody minds, I'd like to turn it into something interesting.

noodle0117

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Early summer

One of my dwarves died today.

I don’t remember his name and it’s not like I miss him or anything, but his death makes me feel uneasy. How he got there, I have no idea. Nobody recalls seeing him go out, and when I asked the fort’s starting seven, they would say nothing.

Mid Summer

Two dwarves were found dead from thirst today after being locked behind a door for who knows how long. I demanded to know the cause of this incident, yet none of my followers knew a thing. The seven remained silent, but somehow I could feel that they knew something. I should assign a few dwarves to keep watch on their actions.

Late Summer

An ambush, curse them!
I called to the fort’s defender, Selenite, to take arms, but rather than seeing a heavily clad war dwarf march up, I saw half a dozen of my dwarves rush up through the gates with nothing but their fists and the clothes on their backs.

Insanity!

When Selenite came to the field, he charged through the hail of arrows and singlehandedly smashed apart an entire goblin archer squad without so much as a scratch. His bismuth bronze war axe whizzed through the air as he decorated it red with the blood of his victims.
Truly a warrior dwarf to be reckoned, but…
Why did he have to wait until the last moment?
Why did he have to walk up so leisurely while the rest of the dwarves were getting slaughtered?

“Aw jus’ laik ta not be ina rush.”

Was his only answer

Two of the brave six remained, but with the state of their injuries, I fear they may never be able to wield another weapon again.

Early Autumn

A terrible cave in happened today!
Another group of my dwarves were found dead, their bodies crushed under the weight of an entire layer of obsidian and stone. I screamed to the supervisors to find out who caused the incident. They said it was an accident, but how? It could not possibly be a coincidence. No... it can't be, but... there's no other possibility...

"Microcline! As the chosen ruler of this fort, I DEMAND you explain just what is going on."

"Aww tis jus anotha acciden-"

"No, no excuses from you this time. I want the truth."

"Ey why me? I dunno nothin"

"Microcline, you may be the founder of this fort, but by martial dwarven law, I am its leader, and you will tell me why all these mysterious deaths have happened whether you like it or not."

"Ere’, sit don, ave a drink, an I’ll tell ya everythin."
« Last Edit: July 02, 2011, 08:05:01 pm by noodle0117 »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6