Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: how to extract pain from prisoners?  (Read 3533 times)

kotekzot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: how to extract pain from prisoners?
« Reply #30 on: May 09, 2011, 04:16:55 pm »

How undwarfy. Strip your prisoners out of weapons, put them into an arena and let them fight against a bunch of dwarfes with -oaken training axes-.
Ouch, now I've got to give my captain of the guard squad toy weapons so they can execute gobbos in the least humane/most dwarfane way possible.
Dwarf Fortress: Where violent death is a renewable resource
Bro, your like... thinking like a square man... its like, the WHOLE lamprey is just like, one big NECK dude, you know? its like hahahaha! dude protect the trees though, seriously. *inhale*... anyways... you like, want this dead black bear, bro?

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 09, 2011, 05:10:48 pm »

How undwarfy. Strip your prisoners out of weapons, put them into an arena and let them fight against a bunch of dwarfes with -oaken training axes-.
Ouch, now I've got to give my captain of the guard squad toy weapons so they can execute gobbos in the least humane/most dwarfane way possible.
Least human. Most dwarfane.

Learn your !!Science!!.

FluidDynamite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 09, 2011, 09:37:00 pm »

I once tried building a 20 z-level chute with floor hatchs covering the chute every 3 z-levels.
I'd drop a prisoner down, have him smack against a hatch, release said hatch, have him hit next hatch ect.

It's basically like tumbling down a giant staircase, each step giving you a few more bruises and giving you a few more broken bones.
If they still manage to live by the time they get to the bottom, I reward them with a delightful shower of bolts from my militia crossbow squad.

Only problem is that there isn't really any way to collect the blood.

This... This is pure awesomeness. I have got to make me one of these in my next fort. :P

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 09, 2011, 09:59:02 pm »

I would vote to change the criteria.  The new judge of "successful torture" is "distance flown".  Silver war hammer against a goblin, mark the distance.

Encased in burning magma

• Bay Watcher
  • Nekkid
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 09, 2011, 10:28:12 pm »

Light doses of magma: I had a setup like that.

Wooden cage, a few 1/7 magma tiles underneath. Dump.
The cage is set on fire and destroyed, their feet melt, then they crawl, bleed, and burn for a while before stopping.
[MILL_CHILD:ONLY_IF_GOOD_REASON]

khearn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 10, 2011, 12:51:41 pm »

I would vote to change the criteria.  The new judge of "successful torture" is "distance flown".  Silver war hammer against a goblin, mark the distance.

Urist: Fore!
Deduk: Nice drive, looks like 200 yards and still on the fairway. That new silver driver is really working out for you.
Urist: Hmm, about 80 yards to the pit. A bit short for an iron, I'll try my pitching axe.
Deduk: Good idea, you don't want to overshoot and have it fall into the magma trap.

Goblin Golf, the new sport that's becoming popular at all the fashionable Dwarf Fortresses.
Have them killed. Nothing solves a problem quite as effectively as simply having it killed.
Pages: 1 2 [3]