Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9

Author Topic: Making the Aperture !!Science!! turret. Now in Beta!  (Read 21422 times)

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
Re: Making the Aperture !!Science!! turret. Now in Beta!
« Reply #90 on: May 10, 2011, 12:26:15 pm »

What I'm thinking of is adventure mode "Test chambers" for people to solve.
Anttymatter or whatever his name is (He has a picture of the death bunny from Monty Python) is making a Testing Facility.

Foamy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 10, 2011, 01:18:37 pm »

You have too many bones and such. Your turrets can bleed and such. They also are affected by human poisons. I'll probably make my own versions of the cubes :P

When i was experimenting with the thopter for dune i replaced its blood with oil and fuel while also making a new set of machine materials made only from metal.

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 10, 2011, 01:59:27 pm »

You have too many bones and such. Your turrets can bleed and such. They also are affected by human poisons. I'll probably make my own versions of the cubes :P

When i was experimenting with the thopter for dune i replaced its blood with oil and fuel while also making a new set of machine materials made only from metal.
The Aperture Science (Canon!) turrets are invulnerable to just about everything except being melted. So mine is pretty darn close  :P

ZZmage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 10, 2011, 03:31:54 pm »

Cave Johnson here... where ever here is the facility seems to have been mostly teleported to some strange other-world. Our science has been keeping us safe, why the science boys tell me our turrets just took out a creature made of salt. If were here long enough maybe I'll find those exploding lemons I want and not have to pay the boys to make them.

Hello and welcome to the Aperture Science Goblin aided Death Chamber.

Nice work on you're turrets im sure Cave would have been very pleased. :D
DK advisor quote was the message thingy of DF with: "Uric Glodson does a wonderful impression of the baron, he can even do the nose. He has been sentenced to 40 hammerstrikes for his insolence."

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 10, 2011, 03:37:14 pm »

Cave Johnson here... where ever here is the facility seems to have been mostly teleported to some strange other-world. Our science has been keeping us safe, why the science boys tell me our turrets just took out a creature made of salt. If were here long enough maybe I'll find those exploding lemons I want and not have to pay the boys to make them.

Hello and welcome to the Aperture Science Goblin aided Death Chamber.

Nice work on you're turrets im sure Cave would have been very pleased. :D
So would Caroline  ;)

If you haven't played Portal 2, you won't understand. It's not a sex joke.

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 10, 2011, 07:15:00 pm »

There a very early alpha, it was mostly just showing off the adv. mode sounds. I have since changed the text to fit Dwarf Fortress, given the turrets legs, added appropriate tags and I'm now getting the tissues right.

Scaraban

• Bay Watcher
  • One Crazy Ass Giant
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 10, 2011, 07:39:11 pm »

>.>
<.<
Watching...
It's a long way to the top if you want dank memes.

Eldrick Tobin

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC: MODDING_UNDWARFY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: May 11, 2011, 12:18:47 am »

Makes me tempted to plop them into the race&civ testing I'm currently working on so I can use them to punish the civ (after I change the turrets civ with Runesmith or DFusion). So far everyone hates them but I don't think they're hated enough... buying and plopping down Turrets that then Mysteriously turn on their Curious Temple worshipping butts might learn them a thing or two.

Also... watching thread naow.
--
Eldrick Tobin
Behold the unimpressive Aspectus Lolin mod. || My Little Arachnid Fortress attempt...
I mumble to myself on tumblr... Sometimes about DF Modding.

antymattar

• Bay Watcher
  • *Antymattar has created a Cat-ass-trophy*
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 11, 2011, 03:41:19 am »

I'm having some problems with having them actually show up. Why cant I spot them in the arena list?

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #100 on: May 11, 2011, 10:56:50 am »

The Aperture Science (Canon!) turrets are invulnerable to just about everything except being melted. So mine is pretty darn close  :P
What do you mean? They die when they fall over... I can't think of a way to make them very susceptible to wrestling, but nothing else off the top of my head, though.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: May 11, 2011, 11:06:43 am »

What do you mean? They die when they fall over... I can't think of a way to make them very susceptible to wrestling, but nothing else off the top of my head, though.
They basically fall unconscious I think...

I think that's just for testing purposes, not the actual product. Not sure. I don't think I could do that anyhow, with out the turret becoming crap. The turret rarely shoots  :-\

Darion

• Bay Watcher
  • What?
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: May 11, 2011, 11:20:58 am »

Make GLaDOS too, what is !!SCIENCE!! without GLaDOS?!

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: May 11, 2011, 11:25:01 am »

Make GLaDOS too, what is !!SCIENCE!! without GLaDOS?!
!!Science!! can continue without GLaDOS, but GLaDOS cannot continue without !!SCIENCE!!

I might do it later, as it's not at the top of my priority list. Fixing my pub is more important right now  :-\

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #104 on: May 11, 2011, 04:25:49 pm »

GLaDOS is more a regional spirit than a unit.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9