Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30

Author Topic: Fallen Imperium - Turn 10 - Need replacement!  (Read 26757 times)

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fallen Imperium - Turn 9 - Need replacement!
« Reply #405 on: September 04, 2011, 07:50:14 pm »

I missed that, as I would have checked it during the turn.

With a 50% loyalty on the planet, he has a 'growth' of -0.04, which rounds to -0.1 population.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: September 04, 2011, 08:27:24 pm »

Neyvn:
You now have 4 PTC (Population Transport Capacity), which is enough to move 4 million people/turn to your colony. Your FF Bernards have been given to the civilian sector, and no longer cost upkeep.
That terraforming comes out to +10 enviro.
Newly recolonized planets will start at 50% loyalty, I think. Being sent off to repopulate a ruined planet isn't particularly pleasant.
Environmental upkeep is 1 per person per 20 points of imperfect environment. 11 here.

Ok so that means that 15 has a pop of 4 not 2.
Then...
.22 - (-.055) * 1.21 (Tech) = 0.3
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: September 04, 2011, 08:42:03 pm »

You're not calculating in loyalty, I don't even know what the .22 is for, you're adding growth due to living on an airless rock, and even insects don't generally procreate while in cryostasis.

growth_amount = (growth_rate(from tech and species bonus) * loyalty - (enviro_away_from_ideal * .0005) ) * pop
X = (0.055 * 1.21 * 0.5 - 0.055) * 2
-0.021 * 2 = -0.04
Or, if I was factoring in the new population of 6 (You started the turn with 2 population on that planet), -0.13, which would round to -0.2.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: September 05, 2011, 01:07:43 am »

^^ This part I don't understand properly understand...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: September 05, 2011, 01:58:18 am »

The formula is as follows:

((A*B) - C) * D

Where:

A is total growth rate, meaning (0.05 * racial bonus * tech bonus). Since you've got racial growth 1 (1.1) and tech growth 2 (1.21) you get (0.05 * 1.1 * 1.21) = 0.06655

B is loyalty. Since you've got 50% (0.5) loyalty, this is just 0.5. Note that it doesn't matter what order you multiply in, so 0.5 * 0.05 * 1.1 * 1.21 works just as well as 0.06655 * 0.5 for the next part.

C is environmental difference, meaning 0.0005 times the difference between the planet's current and ideal environments. Since your ideal environment is 160 and the Planet 15's current environment is 50, we get (160 - 50 = 110), or (|50 - 160| = 110). Note that |absolute value signs| - it is absolutely impossible for this number to be negative. In any case, this gives us a total environment penalty of (0.0005 * 110 = 0.55)

Therefore, ((A*B) - C) is equal to (0.06655 * 0.5 - 0.55), or (0.033275 - 0.55), giving us a grand total growth rate of -0.021725

We then multiply that by D, which is your current population, in this case 2. So (2 * -0.021725) = -0.04345, which rounds up (down?) to -0.1

To recap, the total formula should look like this:

Growth = ((0.05 * 1.1 [rac] * 1.21 [tec]) [growth rate] * 0.5 [loyalty] - (110 [enviro_away_from_ideal] * .0005) ) * 2 [pop] = -0.1

Also, Terraforming costs 500 per point of size for every 1 point change. Since 15 is only size 1, every 500 points of production alters environment by 1 point.

Loyalty doesn't cost anything unless you want to buy off the colonists to increase their loyalty faster. If you give them 100% of the taxes they'd produce at 100% loyalty, their loyalty goes up by another 10% this turn. Since you have 2 people and 1.1 tax tech, that'd be 2.2, rounding up to 3 bc.

Environmental upkeep is equal to (environmental difference / 20) * population in millions. In this case, that'd make it (110 / 20) * 2, or 11 bc.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fallen Imperium - Turn 10 - Need replacement!
« Reply #410 on: September 05, 2011, 03:11:30 pm »

Special turn: Chance of good events triples!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Evilcherry:
Base trade income for planet 4 next turn is 2967.1c and 25,117p.
Effective trade income for planet 2 (*0.80) is 2373c and 20,093p.

Production IV researched. Production modifier from science set to 1.46.
Missiles I researched.

Vanigo:
Trade route established with Evilcherry, between planets 2 and 4. One Count is currently in orbit of planet 4.
Remaining fleet moves to (2,10). Fleet consists of 2 FF Counts and 3 FF Inquest Bs, an unidentified classification.

Base trade income for planet 2 next turn is 2511.7c and 29,671p.
Effective trade income for planet 2 (*1.21) is 3039c and 35,901p.

Ground Attack I researched. Ground attack modifier from science set to 1.1.
Ground Attack II researched. Ground attack modifier from science set to 1.21.
Ground Defense I researched. Ground defense modifier from science set to 1.1.
Ground Defense II researched. Ground defense modifier from science set to 1.21.
Trade I researched. Trade income modifier from science set to 1.1.
Trade II researched. Trade income modifier from science set to 1.21.
Standard Marine Transports researched: 1x troops, 1 loyalty, 4 turn lander (Combining Standard and Expanded transports would be possible, but require more research. If you wanted a general upgrade to all marine transports, like +10% troop capacity, I don't want such a tech for balance reasons, but am willing to let you change this out for an alternative marine transport upgrade.)
+10% credit income for helpfulness: +805c.

Neyvn:
8 CO Competent Drop Pod Transports built.
The 5.8 million people on planet 15 reactivate 4 manufacturies, bringing the total up to 5.

IronyOwl:
Terraforming III researched. Terraforming modifier from science set to 1.33.
Plague! A terrifying outbreak on planet 1 kills 461 million people before the vaccine is discovered and the plague genocided.
New population for planet 1: 7752.6.
+3% credit income for helpfulness: +309c.

Spoiler: Twentins (click to show/hide)
Twentins
Realizing that the empire that attacked them has overwhelming firepower, and unable to gain anything usable as a weapon from outsiders, the Twentins build suicidal ships in a nearly-hopeless race against the clock. Everything they know depends on it, and the people are united for a common task. (No, no you may not build CO Zeros. The loyalty penalty if there's any other possible non-surrender option for defense isn't worth it.)

Spoiler: Known Techs (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Standard Ships (click to show/hide)

Map
« Last Edit: September 07, 2011, 08:23:45 am by Nirur Torir »

Vanigo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: September 05, 2011, 07:21:09 pm »

Hmm. Yeah, I was thinking I wanted something to mitigate the penalties imposed by expanded transports. Switch it to expanded transports II or something, I guess? Or would expanded transports II be even bigger but still with penalties to morale and takeoff time, possibly even bigger?

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: September 05, 2011, 07:44:32 pm »

Currently, there are two main lines of transports.
Standard, which focuses mostly on loyalty and decreasing the time spent on the ground.
Expanded, which carries more marines, but stays grounded longer and has decreased loyalty. Each level will further It carries more firepower per transport, but causes more collateral damage and takes longer to reload between missions.
There are also special transports, like drop pods. I have at least one other useful one planned.

Either focus on one line to get the most bonuses from it, or mix them up ... On further thought, I think I'll let you mix them without the earlier techs.

Don't expect fun names for all the hybrid transport modules, though.

Vanigo's new tech, instead of Standard Marine Transports:
Expanded I/Standard I Marine Transport - 1.25x troops, .8 loyalty, 5 turn lander (Efficiency over standard: 1.125)

Vanigo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: September 06, 2011, 10:15:28 pm »

Wait, shouldn't trade income be 10 times higher than what you've got listed there?

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: September 07, 2011, 08:28:01 am »

I haven't the slightest idea of what I did to get those numbers. Fixed.

Vanigo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: September 08, 2011, 10:37:29 pm »

You forgot to update my planet's environment on the map, apparently.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 08, 2011, 10:42:13 pm by Vanigo »

Vanigo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: September 10, 2011, 08:23:58 pm »

Uh, guys?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: September 10, 2011, 08:47:19 pm »

Working on it.

Um, how does transporting civilians work again? Do they vanish from their home world at the start of a turn and appear at their destination at the end of said turn, or something else?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: September 10, 2011, 09:08:47 pm »

Working on it.

Um, how does transporting civilians work again? Do they vanish from their home world at the start of a turn and appear at their destination at the end of said turn, or something else?
Yes. Lazy workers refuse to do anything while in cryo-sleep.

Vanigo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: September 13, 2011, 01:35:14 am »

So...
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30