Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 30

Author Topic: Fallen Imperium - Turn 10 - Need replacement!  (Read 26763 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Fallen Imperium - Turn 9 - Need replacement!
« Reply #390 on: August 09, 2011, 06:16:52 pm »

I propose that all forced population migration vessels and industry transports be given to civilian companies when built. Maintenance for them would be eliminated. They would add to one of two ratings (Population Transport Capacity and Industry Transport Capacity). The ratings and distance would determine how much of each you could transport per turn. (Transport Amount = Rating / Distance. Adjacent colonies would use the full rating). Transportation would occur instantly, even from across the sector with weak engines. Piracy would be more difficult, but still possible with stealthy ships. Obviously blockades would be possible. Colonizing empty worlds would require a military presence.
What would Industrial Transport Capacity do?

I guess the rest sounds alright, though I haven't thought it through terribly much.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: August 09, 2011, 06:35:09 pm »

What would Industrial Transport Capacity do?
Transport factories.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: August 09, 2011, 07:04:01 pm »

Ooh.

My only concern is that that might trivialize individual colony conditions, since "shift stuff from your actual world to the ones you want improved" would be much, much more viable.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: August 09, 2011, 09:22:02 pm »

Warning: I'm slightly sleep deprived at the moment. Feel free to ask for clarification if I fail to explain it properly:

I agree, and like the idea of early colonial worlds requiring either lots of money, a focus on factory carrying ships, or even more turns of being useless.

Brainstorm: Let's say that the base cost for Population Transport Capacity is 10,000p per 1M pop capacity. (At base production, a fully developed homeworld would be able to increase it by 100M per turn. Base growth would be ~471M/turn.)

Five turns of full focus, in order to get the infrastructure needed to not 'waste' growth. (Or 2.5 - 4 turns with current tech levels and racial bonuses.)

What then would I set Industrial Transport Capacity to? My initial feeling is 50,000p per factory. This makes it very difficult to raise the rating to usable levels in the early game without a significant amount of research. With level 7 techs and a +2 bonus to production, 10 turns of dedicated homeworld time would be enough to move enough factories to keep steady with base population growth. Of course, anyone able to keep the sort of expansion this'd need up would result in the game ending shortly regardless.

Pricing thoughts? I could easily drop ITC as low as 3x PTC and keep a similar effect, while allowing it to be much more viable in the mid game. As much as I like the idea of early colonies being expensive to start up, you only really get early and early-midgame colonies before border conflicts will arise, and I'm not running the game for myself. Later colonies shouldn't require a dedicated economy to get started.

I'll probably remove colonization/factory transport ships altogether. The techs would remain, and make them cheaper, as any other production specialization tech would.

Vanigo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: August 09, 2011, 10:37:51 pm »

(Actually, I think the correct number of factories is 7679.)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Vanigo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: August 18, 2011, 11:44:34 pm »

Guys?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: August 18, 2011, 11:55:09 pm »

Yeah sorry. Turn soon.

Also are we officially doing the transport thing or what? I'm probably going to be making a colony-mover-thing of some sort this turn and I'd like to know what it is and does.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: August 19, 2011, 07:24:54 am »

Also are we officially doing the transport thing or what? I'm probably going to be making a colony-mover-thing of some sort this turn and I'd like to know what it is and does.
Nobody's complained, so yes. Use the numbers in my last post. Anyone who already built transports will have them retroactively modified.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: August 20, 2011, 04:14:15 am »

Spoiler: Turn (click to show/hide)

What does colonization tech do now? I've assumed it multiplies transport (or at least civilian transport) capacity production for now. I've also listed the aforementioned under Ships, since I'm not sure where else it'd go.

Vanigo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: August 21, 2011, 01:06:18 pm »

So that leaves Neyvn.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: August 21, 2011, 01:15:41 pm »

What does colonization tech do now? I've assumed it multiplies transport (or at least civilian transport) capacity production for now. I've also listed the aforementioned under Ships, since I'm not sure where else it'd go.
Correct, it now acts as a 'production specialization' style tech. I think I'll make it general for both civilian and industrial transports.
I think there should be a new production category, 'other.'

So that leaves Neyvn.
I shall send a PM.

Vanigo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: September 04, 2011, 12:28:29 am »

Is this dead, then?

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: September 04, 2011, 01:27:33 am »

No, I just lost the thread, Thanks for posting...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Ok. I forget alot of things here... GAH...
Brain not working...

How do I manage 15 now??!?!?
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: September 04, 2011, 06:51:18 pm »

Neyvn:
You now have 4 PTC (Population Transport Capacity), which is enough to move 4 million people/turn to your colony. Your FF Bernards have been given to the civilian sector, and no longer cost upkeep.
That terraforming comes out to +10 enviro.
Newly recolonized planets will start at 50% loyalty, I think. Being sent off to repopulate a ruined planet isn't particularly pleasant.
Environmental upkeep is 1 per person per 20 points of imperfect environment. 11 here.

A note: Transported population and industry does nothing on its transport turn, and will not grow, cost upkeep, or be taxed, as everyone's in cryosleep.
Please track PTC and ITC in the racial stats section for convenience.
Please use an additional line in the 'growth' section for transported population and factories, both for the planet losing them and the planet gaining them. If you're not certain, ask.

Turn tomorrow.

Vanigo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: September 04, 2011, 07:10:52 pm »

That growth on planet 15 can't possibly be correct. By my math it should be
2*(.55*1.21 - 110/2000) = 0.01
which rounds down to 0 growth.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 30