Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 30

Author Topic: Fallen Imperium - Turn 10 - Need replacement!  (Read 26755 times)

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fallen Imperium - Turn 6
« Reply #330 on: July 05, 2011, 08:26:29 pm »

I don't know where you're getting that balance for next turn; by my math it should be 4031.
As for the modifier, loyalty is usually included in the population growth calculation. In your case, however, with 100% loyalty it's just a *1, which can be safely ignored.
sorry forgot to do the proper number in the credit gain and losses...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Vanigo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: July 07, 2011, 09:28:29 pm »

GGamer and Criptfiend...

Vanigo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: July 10, 2011, 02:36:23 pm »

Dude. Other dude. Turns.

Vanigo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: July 12, 2011, 04:29:57 pm »

Can they just be in stasis for a turn or something? This needs to start moving again.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: July 12, 2011, 04:32:42 pm »

Yeah, alright. Ggamer and Criptfiend apparently aren't coming back, so I'll continue as though they've left. I'll see if IronyOwl wants to take one of their places. Expect something within 24 hours, even if it's just a brief delay for IronyOwl.

:::EDIT:::
In response to IronyOwl's question, defense may look inferior to offense, but each point only costs 33% of offense. Note that this does not allow you to triple up on one defense while neglecting the rest, due to the costs ramping up.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2011, 06:00:28 pm by Nirur Torir »

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: July 13, 2011, 05:27:53 pm »

I misunderstood his question. Due to lazy spreadsheet making a minor design oversight, defense is added up for all ships in the fleet, and then used to combat offense. I have no desire to correct this, as that would make balancing all crazy-like.

IronyOwl will takeover for either ggamer or Criptfeind, using their environmental tolerance. He may take them as they are, or, since they haven't had much of an effect on anyone, restart one with his own racial stats. He has 60 hours to get up to speed with everyone else or be sped through stuff. Trade ships may not leave his homeworld until he is caught up with everyone else.

The other player's homeworld will likely be eaten by space amoebas or something.

Vote: I dislike the way quality goes from 1% to 100%. Should I increase all non-homeworld quality by 25%?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: July 13, 2011, 06:59:05 pm »

Silverstar Unity

Light Blue

The Khogog are a somewhat unusual race. Physically, they seem composed of a hard but decidedly organic black substance, with twisting horns or spires usually giving them a fairly sinister appearance. Occasional faint pink nodules the size and rough shape of a grape add to their alien appearance, though they're largely humanoid otherwise. They tend to be somewhat tall, especially counting the twisting horns they usually sport, but each individual is different.

Their appearance, however, is largely a result of their even more unusual biology. Khogog are actually composed of innumerable "juveniles" fused into a single entity, each about a foot long and very thin. This is why their appearance tends to be both organic on a textural level- it's literally the hardened, protective secretions of their components- and why each one looks different- each fusion is different, which can result in radically different horns, heights, and such. Food availability and other conditions tend to keep the mergings about the same size and humanoid shape, but unusually large, small, or bizarrely shaped Khogog are not unheard of.

The current empire came about from a fantastic omen- the primary reactor on their world began to burn with a silvery, faintly azure flame, as did several celestial bodies. Most were utterly uncertain of what to make of this, but the Almarch, after displaying immunity to the fires and preaching it as the choir of their race, seized utter control and began directing the people towards glory.

+2 Production - Adept at industrial processes. Industriousness and enjoying the heat, vibrations, and even sounds many industrial machines produce might explain why.
+2 Research - Despite not being exceptionally intelligent, make for enthusiastic and industrious researchers. Their unique perspectives or lack of uniformity might also assist with unusual solutions to problems.
+2 Special Projects - Perhaps as a result of being fusions of lesser creatures, Khogog take a great interest in greater and grander projects. The greatest of these inspire even greater passion.
-2 Loyalty Recovery - While the Khogog themselves are fairly resistant to damage, they tend to have a relatively simplistic damage avoidance response as a whole. This sometimes irrational tendency is of great annoyance to leaders, and isone of the issues with organizing the Khogog into large groups, but it does avoid some of the more serious problems one might expect with such a heavily industrialized, experiment-friendly race.

How's this?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: July 13, 2011, 07:15:41 pm »

That works, you may now claim a spot and get your turn in. (5B population, 5000 factories, whatever I said the starting ships are. Please don't do anything that would have likely caused a response by another player, as that would cause a paradox. I try to avoid those.)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: July 13, 2011, 07:26:23 pm »

I guess I'll omnom Criptfeind's spot. What does that make my ideal environment?
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: July 13, 2011, 07:31:30 pm »

175. It's in the initial post under 'Player List' should you forget again.

His planets have been reset. You may change your color.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: July 13, 2011, 07:44:06 pm »

So, there are no modifications that don't take effect until the next turn, right? Terraforming, manufactory number, pop growth, loyalty mods, it's all irrelevant until next turn?

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: July 13, 2011, 08:08:58 pm »

Correct. Only your racial stats will affect your first turn, regardless of what you decide to research, how many factories you build, and how much terraforming you do.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: July 13, 2011, 08:21:36 pm »

Spoiler: Turn (click to show/hide)

I think that's all right, but someone should probably check it to make sure.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2011, 08:56:24 pm by IronyOwl »

Vanigo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: July 13, 2011, 08:53:09 pm »

Your population growth should be 225, not 25.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: July 13, 2011, 08:56:57 pm »

Right. Thought that looked low.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 30