Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 30

Author Topic: Fallen Imperium - Turn 10 - Need replacement!  (Read 26756 times)

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
Re: Fallen Imperium Sign-ups
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2011, 05:50:33 pm »

what is the HP bonus for +1 on craft HP?

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2011, 05:57:17 pm »

A +1 bonus to anything gives +10%. On a a craft with between 10 and 19 HP, that would be +1.

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2011, 05:59:15 pm »

so you want us to round down a +1?

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2011, 06:48:25 pm »

When in doubt, round the way you would rather it not go.

Vanigo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2011, 07:46:24 pm »

Still time for me to get in on this?

Pillow_Killer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2011, 08:38:23 pm »

Eh. Dropping reservation.
Quote from: x2yzh9
every man faps to every person he knows/likes. I've done that for about 2 girls that I've liked really, and it's because they have big boobs. 'Nuff said amirite?

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2011, 08:39:40 pm »

Alright, one last thing before I make a race/bring the bugs over: Is there a limit on the plus and minuses we can have?

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 08, 2011, 08:53:09 pm »

Still time for me to get in on this?
Yes.

Alright, one last thing before I make a race/bring the bugs over: Is there a limit on the plus and minuses we can have?
Same as the other game: 8 categories, no more then +/- 2 per category, total sum of +4 for all traits.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 08, 2011, 09:15:52 pm »

You know, I have been playing as a female way to much recently, it is sorta creepy.

But at any rate, laziness overcomes the need to not be creepy, thus we have my entry.

Kingdom: The Sharaz hive
Current Ruler: Queen Sharaz of the White Wing
Race: Us. (You may call us the Hive.)
Capital: Sharaz hive.
Color: Orange.
History:

We once spread though out the galaxy. Each world ruled by one high queen. And life was free and good. A hundred worlds were ruled by us. Dozens of high queens. Many hundreds of billions of the children. Uncountable millions of aliens fell to the queens and were forced to pay homage. But, but, we were slow. Hundreds of years could go by and not a single new idea would be thought. We atrophied. Then, a thousand years ago or more, a small ship, carrying colonists for a new world came across a new race. A race of upright walking mammals, who were in a ship that seemed crude and worthless and were flying though space into the domain of the queen of A’Badren. They were hailed and brought on the radio. They were brought in to an orbiting research facility. Six months went by, and their language was dissected by the brightest minds on the planet. The first true conversation was the queen telling them that they, and their entire race, were now her subjects.

They disagreed.

The queen gathered a fleet, and set sail for the world that they had come from, knowledge gained from many hours in the darkest pits with the most vile of interrogators. Our fleet reached it three years later and left hyper space to lay waste to the planet. Although the defenses were surprisingly strong, and many ships were destroyed, soon the planet was barren of life. This show of strength was to scare the race into submission. It had worked many times in the past, and it was thought that this would be no deferent. After all, how many races other then us could say they could empty an entire planet of life? Surely this new race was decimated, with a large slice of their population destroyed.

We did not know them. We thought too little of them. This race were unlike any race we had fought before.

And that planet? That planet that was so hard to take? That we relied on to scare them into submission?

That planet was regarded as a minor outpost. A small fringe of their empire.

We made them mad. We angered their population. We had no idea they would even care so much about the death of a small number of non royals.

But they did. They returned. With bigger ships. With vast armadas. With guns and missiles and lasers.

We made the humans mad. And it would be our biggest mistake.

With in a hundred years the war was over. Half a trillion sentient lives were lost. Almost a hundred planets were wiped of life. Our once great houses, thirty or more high queens, were reduced to less then half a dozen. The war was over, and we had lost.

With the death of the queens, came the death of tradition. Our surviving queens had to submit. They had to sue for peace. This is not something that had ever been done in the history of our race. Never before had the queens been in danger in a war. But the humans wanted genocide or submission. The old ways were dead. Moving at a slow pace was dead. Focuses on the arts and literature over physics and biology was dead. The rule of many queens was dead.

We do not know if any other queens still live. Our once vast empire has crumbled and there is no communication left. All that is left is the high queen, Queen Sharaz of the White Wing. She saw the only way for our race to live is for her to put aside her pride and give into the humans. She who swore loyalty to the far away human emperor in return for her life, and the life of her children. She who dismantled the old university of arts and poured funds into the sciences. She is Mother of us all and killer of the old ways.

She is the future.

Now we sit, with only one planet still under our control. But the old human empire is falling, no one watches us to make sure the old engines of war are not made.

We have lost much. But we will gain even greater glories. For this?

This is the age of the new Hive.

Population growth: +2
Production: +2
Taxation: +0
Terreforming: +0
Spaceship Attack: +2
Spaceship HP: -2
Spaceship Defense: -2
Small crafts attack: +0
Defensive structures: +0
Land Attack: +0
Land Defense: +0
Industrial Expansion: +0
Loyalty recovery: +2
Large structures: +2
Trade and Selling production: +0
Investment: -2
Research: +0
« Last Edit: May 10, 2011, 12:52:15 pm by Criptfeind »

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 08, 2011, 09:22:32 pm »

Can I join after I have returned home later this afternoon, and am sitting down comfortably in front of my own computer instead of standing at an Airport Free Net area where I am looking down at a Monitor that I can not adjust from being as low as my chest where every other person in the world seems to be at???

Also I hope this Game goes well Nirur. You normally host epic games, but due to either player or your own restrictions/boredom we never get to finsh them. Heres hoping...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Vanigo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 08, 2011, 11:16:20 pm »

The M'lan Ecclesia

The M'lan are a race of hexapedal mammaloids. They are social, intelligent, hard-working, non-xenophobic, and, for millenia, have been under theocratic rule. Their religion holds that the universe itself is the mind of God, and that studying the world around them is the best way to understand Him. The religious customs they've developed in this way can be quite bizzare to outsiders, but no one can deny that they are skilled and dedicated researchers. In the glory days of the Empire, they were quite happy to be a member state. The Empire funded their research, and mostly ignored their quirks, since they didn't have much impact on anyone else. More recently, however, they've been growing increasingly restive, as the region destabilized, grants dried up, and, worst of all, technology backslid. They finally declared independence recently, and are hopeful that they can make up ground quickly

Production +2
Population growth +2
Research +2
Loyalty Recovery +2

Terraforming -2
Large Structures and Special Projects -2

Color: Orange
« Last Edit: May 10, 2011, 11:53:17 am by Vanigo »

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 08, 2011, 11:27:21 pm »

M'lan Ecclesia directly translates to min-max in the hive language.

(I mean no offense, I can respect that.)

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 09, 2011, 06:45:08 am »

Can I join after I have returned home later this afternoon, and am sitting down comfortably in front of my own computer instead of standing at an Airport Free Net area where I am looking down at a Monitor that I can not adjust from being as low as my chest where every other person in the world seems to be at???
I'll take that as a reservation post, and yes. Please try to hurry with your race, as we're waiting on you now.

Also I hope this Game goes well Nirur. You normally host epic games, but due to either player or your own restrictions/boredom we never get to finsh them. Heres hoping...
The turns shouldn't take much effort from me, even the crazy later ones with large naval battles every turn, so I should be able to finish this one if the players don't lose steam.

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 09, 2011, 06:52:31 am »

Kingdom: The Starfarers, Oldest of the Unbound (And who never shut up about it.)
Current Ruler: Lord Shiva of the First Line
Race: The Clrii
Capital: The Gem of Fire, Homeworld
History:

We were the first of the starfarers, the first unbound by the limits of planetary life. Ignore the human claims of superiority. They Lie. Their history lies. Their empire Lies. They enforced their lies by power, and now their power ends.

When they were young, we walked the paths between sectors. When the first races lifted their heads to the sky, we looked down upon them. When the first new travelers ventured beyond their systems we met them. When the first races joined together we taught them the deeper secrets. And we we re-payed in foul coin. Now is the time to set things aright once more.

And as a reminder, anyone spreading the foul heresy that Lord Shiva rewrote the history books upon his ascent to the throne, making our so called 'real history' be lost to the ages, is to be reported immediately.

Population growth: -2
Production: +0
Taxation: +2
Terreforming: +0
Spaceship Attack: +0
Spaceship HP: +0
Spaceship Defense: +0
Small crafts attack: +2
Defensive structures: +0
Land Attack: +0
Land Defense: -1
Industrial Expansion: +0
Loyalty recovery: +0
Large structures: +1
Trade and Selling production: +1
Investment: +0
Research: +1

Room for one more?

Edit : Color Purple, please.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2011, 02:28:21 pm by Happerry »
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 09, 2011, 08:11:42 am »

Game is full now. All applicants have been accepted.

Neyvn, accepting you would give nine players. I'm willing to expand the map a bit to accommodate a ninth player, but someone will need to be in a more central location. Any volunteers? I'll ensure that whoever does has an extra planet near their homeworld that's only 20 away from their environmental ideal and has 60-80 quality. If there are no volunteers, it goes to the last applicant, which is Neyvn.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 30