Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 30

Author Topic: Fallen Imperium - Turn 10 - Need replacement!  (Read 26838 times)

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fallen Imperium - Turn 0.
« Reply #135 on: May 19, 2011, 02:08:14 pm »

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/11872122/Fallen%20Imperium/mapViewer.html

Claim your colors again, first to post gets it.

It takes very little time and effort to create maps with the new system, so feel free to vote for a regen before we start. Takes a 3/5 majority.

We'll start as soon as we have a 3/5 majority for not making a new map.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: May 19, 2011, 02:10:30 pm »

Orange.

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: May 19, 2011, 05:26:08 pm »

blue

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: May 19, 2011, 05:47:38 pm »

Purple
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Vanigo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: May 19, 2011, 06:06:44 pm »

Green.

Also, I'd like to point out that this is substantially less than 6 planets per player, even if you count the NPC-held ones... Oh, you generated for a map size other than 20x20. Want me to change that for you?

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: May 19, 2011, 07:01:37 pm »

Ah, oops. I'd rather keep it smaller then 26x26 for a five player game, so I'll regen it. Thanks though.

Edit: Regen completed.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2011, 07:09:34 pm by Nirur Torir »

Vanigo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: May 19, 2011, 08:45:46 pm »

I added some functionality to the map program; new version's in my dropbox. Lets you color-code planets according to environment, habitability (for any given ideal environment), and quality.

As for the map... Can't say anybody but Neyvn has a particularly juicy start. Not seeding nice worlds near our starting points? I guess that's okay. What's up with the fractional population and manufactories, though?

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: May 19, 2011, 08:47:40 pm »

The population is in millions, the manufactories are weird though.

Vanigo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: May 19, 2011, 08:50:59 pm »

The population is in millions, the manufactories are weird though.
Is keeping track of fractions of millions worthwhile, though?
You know, the map should probably have a field for loyalty...

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: May 19, 2011, 09:17:27 pm »

I added some functionality to the map program; new version's in my dropbox. Lets you color-code planets according to environment, habitability (for any given ideal environment), and quality.
Great, the old version made it hard to see the big picture; I should be able to notice imbalanced future maps more easily.
Bug report: Pressing 'enter' after entering an ideal environment value turns everything red until the window's closed.
Suggestions for more buttons: <Size> and <Potential>(Quality*Size)

As for the map... Can't say anybody but Neyvn has a particularly juicy start. Not seeding nice worlds near our starting points? I guess that's okay. What's up with the fractional population and manufactories, though?
I hadn't really checked the manufacturing potential for planets near homeworlds, but I did ensure that everyone had a planet with a 'close' environment near them.

The fractional values for population and manufactories are from me forgetting to tell it to format those fields properly. Mentally round them down for now, I'll fix them when the game starts or when I gen a new world.

Vanigo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: May 19, 2011, 09:48:45 pm »

I hadn't really checked the manufacturing potential for planets near homeworlds, but I did ensure that everyone had a planet with a 'close' environment near them.
I don't have one. There's one 4 squares away with an environment 30 points off. The closest planet that would give me more tax income than maintenance costs is seven squares away, closer to Evilcherry than me. Ggamer is in pretty much the same situation, and, while Criptfiend does have a very nice world right next to his homeworld, it has a huge population, and it'll be quite a while before he can take it. Evilcherry's got planet 37 to go for, I guess...

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: May 19, 2011, 10:06:18 pm »

Alright, I'll be more strict about what qualifies as a 'usable' early-game nearby planet in the future. I think I was looking at other nearby potential when I checked that map.

Map improved by changing one world each near people who didn't have a planet worth going for within the first five turns.

Vanigo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: May 19, 2011, 10:56:13 pm »

Added some more functionality to the map.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: May 19, 2011, 11:13:06 pm »

Did you get my change of environment? Cause the map looks like it is still working on the old one.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: May 20, 2011, 01:54:50 pm »

Alright, fixed.

Unless evilcherry starts a vote for me to generate a new world, we'll start after he picks a color.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2011, 01:57:41 pm by Nirur Torir »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 30