Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8

Author Topic: Upcoming Devestation  (Read 7609 times)

Tlc2011

• Bay Watcher
  • ..No idea what to put here.
    • View Profile
Re: Upcoming Devestation
« Reply #75 on: May 11, 2011, 02:27:30 pm »

Haha, i think we'll be seeing some new nice statues around my fortress if it gets running...

Goblin Siege Has Arrived.

Goblin Leader: "By Armok! The statues of long gone dwarves are movi-- Arrrghhhh!!"

The animated Urist Mclegendary SwordsDwarf slashes the Goblin Leader in the head, and the severed part sails off in an Arc!

Goblin: Derr....Retreat!

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 11, 2011, 02:41:56 pm »

Haha, i think we'll be seeing some new nice statues around my fortress if it gets running...

Goblin Leader: "By Armok! The statues of long gone dwarves are movi-- Arrrghhhh!!"

The animated Urist Mclegendary SwordsDwarf slashes the Goblin Leader in the head, and the severed part sails off in an Arc!

Nice.

Animated statues would be awesome. What if it was something stupid?

"Stone dwarf cheers for the rise of Cacame!"

It could boost moral, or increase trances.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 11, 2011, 02:54:33 pm »

So, now I'm making a 1-handed military commander named Urist McBruce who fires a steel crossbow one-handed and uses explosive !!DWARVEN WINE!! fired from bridgeapults.

KLAATU BARADA Nik*coughcough*

Groovy.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 11, 2011, 07:57:52 pm »

If a vampire or werewolf or whatever can become a zombie, someone needs to make syndromes for ninja, pirate, and robot, apply them to a dwarf, and then make that into a zombie.

What would you propose for that ?

Robot: body made of iron, high intellectual and physical attributes but low social attributes
Ninja: Natural skill for stealth and fighting, notably dodging, wrestling and swordsdwarf
Pirate: Natural skill for fighting and swordsdwarf, automatic pet parrot, more preferences for booze, andrrr arrr tagrrr similarrr to LISPrrr thatrrr makes the pirrrate talk with lots of RRRR's
Or...it was .

That.
Would be.
!!AWESOME!!!
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

FrankMcFuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished Cat Cooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 11, 2011, 10:53:37 pm »

I made a statue of a duck recently.

Animated duck quacks at zombie horde?
Urist cancels rest injury: Too injured

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 11, 2011, 11:13:28 pm »

Animated duck quacks at zombie elephant!
Nothing happens!

Kassil

• Bay Watcher
  • Zenarchist
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 11, 2011, 11:21:20 pm »

Nothing happens!

The spinning stone duck strike the zombie elephant in the head, shattering the skull!
Wheelbarrows with wheels are inferior to the true wheelbarrow.
you mean elves with loads of stone loaded onto their backs while walking on their hands with dwarves holding their legs to guide them?

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 11, 2011, 11:26:15 pm »

Nothing happens!

The spinning stone duck strike the zombie elephant in the head, shattering the skull!
The spinning logic hits the stone duck statue in the head, ripping the skull, and shattering the brain!
Stone duck statue i has been struck down.

parlor_tricks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://noyb
« Reply #83 on: May 11, 2011, 11:43:18 pm »

Depending on how long re-animation takes, you could quantum dump the corpse pile into a zombie warehouse underground. Siege shows up, throw a few dozen zombies at them, dump all the bodies into pit. Re-animate. Repeat.

And this is why, these forums, are a source of unbelievable fun.

Now that I think about it, why didn't people treat undead like this all the time in movies/fantasy stories.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 12, 2011, 01:38:32 am »

As soon as DF has pathogenic undead, you'll see why not.  The stories of failed containment and zombie flood will be widespread and hilarious.  Hell, we can hardly handle water and sheep, much less something that WANTS to kill you!

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 12, 2011, 02:39:01 am »

I can't wait for new zombie stuff!

Yay! Resident Dwarfil! Or maybe Silent Urist?
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 12, 2011, 02:54:36 am »

Silent Fort, if anything.  Dawn of the Dwarf, maybe?  Carp of the Dead?  Left 4 Dorf has already been said, several times.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 12, 2011, 02:57:59 am »

Silent Fort, if anything.  Dawn of the Dwarf, maybe?  Carp of the Dead?  Left 4 Dorf has already been said, several times.
Orr...

OOOOORRRR..

28 dorfs later!
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

crossmr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Jeonsa
« Reply #88 on: May 12, 2011, 04:00:00 am »

I thought that was the whole point of the caravan arc and the reduction of on-site resources that everybody whined about.  So you actually would need to trade and protect caravans and so on, otherwise you were potentially screwed in getting some things.  Right now, seiges are a kind of annoying 'can I be bothered to deal with you' event, like a FB appearing in a walled-off cavern.  They really should be more important to deal with sooner rather than later.
Until dwarfs get more extensive needs, it really isn't.
You can grow crops walled in, if you dig yourself a well right off, there really isn't anything you must have from outside.

If you've got food, booze, and water, there is no reason to open the door. Engrave the crap out of the fort and everyone will be okay. Sieges only work if there is a possibly to cause the defending side to have to exit.
About the only driving force is if you want to avoid some kind of siege spiral, where your goblin sieges keep murdering human and elven caravans which causes them to siege, or if they keep wiping out wave after wave of immigrants which could potentially cause some bad thoughts, but really that's about it.

Number4

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 12, 2011, 04:05:15 am »

well, walling off is boring. and maybe sometime siegers will bring assault engineers which destroy constructed walls and can build bridges over channels or something, so better get used to proper defending anyway...
Thanks for the suggestion, but Number4 is correct: [...] it would be easier and more predictable to just be a racist.

Did somebody just rule 34 two veins of metal?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8