Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8

Author Topic: Upcoming Devestation  (Read 7619 times)

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
Re: Upcoming Devestation
« Reply #30 on: May 09, 2011, 10:09:28 am »

The curses system is gonna be awesome.  I think toady said somewhere that they might be able to be used for positive things too.  So you might be able to have some kind of really tough beast that, upon killing it, the person who defeated it gets some sort of awesome blessing.  You could also have something like if you eat a dragon's heart than you become much stronger or something like that.  I'd totally love to be able to do that.  Having weird undead would be cool too.  If like, your awesome adamantine-clad axelord dies and your fort is destroyed, you could come back in adventure mode to learn that his zombie is terrorizing the town.  The curses system is looking pretty amazing right now.
Oh god.

What if someone had 200 candy axelords? ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE!

xmakina

• Bay Watcher
  • in lapidem, Libertas
    • View Profile
    • Centre of the Back
« Reply #31 on: May 09, 2011, 10:09:46 am »

Serrated Disks as a dodge trap would cause a moat of animated body parts. Murder for your FPS, but what better way to kill goblins than with their own arms?
Anyone who doesn't have a lever causing global apocalypse isn't playing the game correctly
But it should be easy enough not to use them in a way you feel is dumb while letting other people have their hilarity.

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 09, 2011, 10:20:59 am »

Serrated Disks as a dodge trap would cause a moat of animated body parts. Murder for your FPS, but what better way to kill goblins than with their own arms?
Then the dodge-this trap would upgrade itself over and over, eventually gaining the power to take over your fort!

By Armok... what have we done.

Naz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 09, 2011, 10:31:05 am »

Hammer lords would become your new janitors when this gets implemented. The hands can't reanimate if they've been smashed to paste. A moat full of reanimated zombie heads would be kind of awesome too...

On the subject of beneficial curses. What about modding the raws for it so a certain kind of liquor causes a curse that activates when the dwarf enters a martial trance? Makes your legendary axelord like...hulk out or something...cept drunker
Urist McDwarf cancels wear pants: Just because

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 09, 2011, 10:33:23 am »

Hammer lords would become your new janitors when this gets implemented. The hands can't reanimate if they've been smashed to paste. A moat full of reanimated zombie heads would be kind of awesome too...

On the subject of beneficial curses. What about modding the raws for it so a certain kind of liquor causes a curse that activates when the dwarf enters a martial trance? Makes your legendary axelord like...hulk out or something...cept drunker
I don't think it could activate on trances.

Psieye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 09, 2011, 10:44:40 am »

I just know I am going to run a fort where every dwarf is an unethical butcher for the sake of necromancy protection. Every body part and corpse will be butchered and all the bones will be swiftly stuck onto objects (because crafting stuff takes too long with large stacks). It will be a race against the clock after every siege - to craft or be conquered?
Military Training EXP Analysis
Congrats, Psieye. This is the first time I've seen a derailed thread get put back on the rails.

antymattar

• Bay Watcher
  • *Antymattar has created a Cat-ass-trophy*
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 09, 2011, 10:54:51 am »

Right now zombies are somewhat weak. Thats not bad!

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 09, 2011, 11:09:22 am »

I just know I am going to run a fort where every dwarf is an unethical butcher for the sake of necromancy protection. Every body part and corpse will be butchered and all the bones will be swiftly stuck onto objects (because crafting stuff takes too long with large stacks). It will be a race against the clock after every siege - to craft or be conquered?
And then you will have animated bone furniture and weapons. Good luck fighting 1000+ evil bone bolts :P.

Toady said that he plans to integrate a basic magical framework of "power sources", to make possible creatures which feed on sorrow, death and stuff like that (instead of food).

The first thing I'm modding in are evil haunts, which infect their killers with a curse which makes them to feed on death... You will have to make them kill something, or your legendary warriors will starve :).

Also, do you remember Tarantino's "Planet Terror" with weird chemical which became addictive and made people to decompose and turn into zombies if they don't inhale it? I look forward to syndromes like that :).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 09, 2011, 11:45:35 am »

Considering vampires, which gain power but must do something consistent to maintain that power, there's going to be a lot of interesting curses.  I'm thinking of something a bit unusual, like the dwarf must consume a few gold coins every year to survive, but gets a 5x learning rate.  There's going to be massive capacity for modding abuse!

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 09, 2011, 11:48:49 am »

Also, do you remember Tarantino's "Planet Terror" with weird chemical which became addictive and made people to decompose and turn into zombies if they don't inhale it? I look forward to syndromes like that :).
When prosthetic limbs are available, we can make Planet Terror completely  :P

Psieye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 09, 2011, 12:05:39 pm »

And then you will have animated bone furniture and weapons. Good luck fighting 1000+ evil bone bolts :P.
Alongside the masterwork cotton candy axe that I decided to stick the bones of 30 different species on... wait, somebody could will mod in a curse directly onto the cotton candy. If only we could do "Anyone who gets near this starts making mandates for cotton candy items!"
Military Training EXP Analysis
Congrats, Psieye. This is the first time I've seen a derailed thread get put back on the rails.

wuphonsreach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 09, 2011, 12:13:58 pm »

On a related note...

Does this mean that DF will eventually have magic?

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 09, 2011, 12:34:39 pm »

Alongside the masterwork cotton candy axe that I decided to stick the bones of 30 different species on... wait, somebody could will mod in a curse directly onto the cotton candy. If only we could do "Anyone who gets near this starts making mandates for cotton candy items!"
Or "Anyone who gets near this starts enjoys slaughter"

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 09, 2011, 12:38:18 pm »

Considering dwarves, this would be a very redundant curse...

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 09, 2011, 12:39:12 pm »

Considering dwarves, this would be a very redundant curse...
Indeed. It's the curse of the dwarves!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8