Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8

Author Topic: Upcoming Devestation  (Read 7594 times)

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
Re: Upcoming Devestation
« Reply #60 on: May 10, 2011, 06:19:51 pm »

On a related note...

Does this mean that DF will eventually have magic?

The magma man hanging around my addy tube assures me that nothing supernatural is planned  :P

Hmm... That makes me think of a terrifying idea... What if you get one of those forgotten beast diplomats, but its a flame beast? He would hunt down your mayor and talk to him while melting his face off! Setting ablaze your entire fort in the process!

'whats wrong with you urist mcmayor?'
'MY FACE IS FUCKING MELTING YOU MORON!'
'oops, sorry.'
'GAHH! FUCK! THE FORT'S ON FIRE!'

you get the picture.
Then the mayor and some other dorfs die from the fire and masterwork items are destroyed. Congratulations! Tatrum Spiral.
YOU DARE THROW A -Mug- AT ME? YOU MUST DIE *pow pow!*

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 10, 2011, 07:32:05 pm »

On a related note...

The magma man hanging around my addy tube assures me that nothing supernatural is planned  :P

Hmm... That makes me think of a terrifying idea... What if you get one of those forgotten beast diplomats, but its a flame beast? He would hunt down your mayor and talk to him while melting his face off! Setting ablaze your entire fort in the process!

'oops, sorry.'

you get the picture.
Then the mayor and some other dorfs die from the fire and masterwork items are destroyed. Congratulations! Tatrum Spiral.
But it menaces with spikes of cat elf leather! How could you be insulted by that?
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 10, 2011, 07:57:06 pm »

If a vampire or werewolf or whatever can become a zombie, someone needs to make syndromes for ninja, pirate, and robot, apply them to a dwarf, and then make that into a zombie.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 10, 2011, 08:03:47 pm »

If a vampire or werewolf or whatever can become a zombie, someone needs to make syndromes for ninja, pirate, and robot, apply them to a dwarf, and then make that into a zombie.

What would you propose for that ?

Robot: body made of iron, high intellectual and physical attributes but low social attributes
Ninja: Natural skill for stealth and fighting, notably dodging, wrestling and swordsdwarf
Pirate: Natural skill for fighting and swordsdwarf, automatic pet parrot, more preferences for booze, andrrr arrr tagrrr similarrr to LISPrrr thatrrr makes the pirrrate talk with lots of RRRR's

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 10, 2011, 09:29:21 pm »

On a related note...

'oops, sorry.'

you get the picture.
But it menaces with spikes of cat elf leather! How could you be insulted by that?
I AM A DIPLOMAT OF THE HUMANS! HOW DARE YOU THROW A SAPIENT'S HIDE AT ME, YOU MONSTER!

I'm thirsty.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 10, 2011, 09:30:18 pm »

Elves will gladly buy an elf leather waterskin and batching backpack made from last year's traders...

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 10, 2011, 09:55:16 pm »

Elves will gladly buy an elf leather waterskin and batching backpack made from last year's traders...
I know  :P

But the demon-worshipping humans on the other hand...

Zdrok

• Bay Watcher
  • You are melting!
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 11, 2011, 07:19:26 am »

My god this will be cool.  If you're a dwarf from the good areas, you're a simple minded, old fashioned kill and dump corpses guy.  If you're a dwarf from the evil areas, you know that all corpses MUST BE BURNED and body parts MUST BE DUMPED INT A PIT OF MAGMA.  It'll really add to the personality of each biome.

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 11, 2011, 10:35:26 am »

My god this will be cool.  If you're a dwarf from the good areas, you're a simple minded, old fashioned kill and dump corpses guy (Mid West).  If you're a dwarf from the evil areas, you know that all corpses MUST BE BURNED and body parts MUST BE DUMPED INT A PIT OF MAGMA.  It'll really add to the personality of each biome.(South)
:P

There already are culture differences in DF. Dwarves from different areas and countries will have different hair and beard styles. Such as braided or unbraided.

YetAnotherStupidDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 11, 2011, 01:23:05 pm »

I really hope this whole "DF: zombie apocalypse edition" will be able to turn off or able to set probability in world gen. As fun as it, zombie apocalypse destroying world over and over in every worldgen can get old.
Dwarf Fortress - where the primary reason to prevent death of your citizens is that it makes them more annoying then they were in life.

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 11, 2011, 01:30:24 pm »

I really hope this whole "DF: zombie apocalypse edition" will be able to turn off or able to set probability in world gen. As fun as it, zombie apocalypse destroying world over and over in every worldgen can get old.
It'll just be in evil and surrounding areas. It won't be repetitive apocalypse. It'll be more of a biome thing.

Marthnn

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything's possible
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 11, 2011, 01:45:36 pm »

It'll just be in evil and surrounding areas. It won't be repetitive apocalypse. It'll be more of a biome thing.
So... now we have to tweak worldgen params to have mostly evil regions, is that what you're saying?

With a worldgen stopping criteria at a given undead proportion (similar to the % megabeasts dead already in place), we could reliably play a world on the verge of zombie apocalypse.
Marthnn likes obsidian, steel, star ruby, goblin-cap wood, the color bloody red and giant desert scorpions for their tails. When possible, he prefers to consume sunshine. He absolutely detests cave blobs.

A dwarf wants to heal.  A dwarf is motivated to heal.  A dwarf is, by Armok, going to heal or die trying!  Because if he doesn't heal, he doesn't get alcohol.

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 11, 2011, 01:53:52 pm »

So... now we have to tweak worldgen params to have mostly evil regions, is that what you're saying?

With a worldgen stopping criteria at a given undead proportion (similar to the % megabeasts dead already in place), we could reliably play a world on the verge of zombie apocalypse.
Or, we could make it so 100% of the world is zombies, and our adventurers/dwarves are the last people!

OOOOOHHHH! Make a safe zone in the mountains, complete with 10 z-level high walls and auto-kill traps to kill zombies! Then use DF hack to make the dwarves stay there, and try to reach safety in adv. mode!

Oh man.... This is gonna get good!

Psieye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 11, 2011, 02:17:02 pm »

No, it won't be restricted to biomes. Yes, evil biomes can perform necromancy automatically. But the whole point of Secrets is for necromancy to be done in any biome by some key historical figure. Optionally, said figure will send out his undead army to siege you - again no matter what biome your fort is in.

Also yes, Toady has said there'll be worldgen settings to avoid these new features - though at first they'll be rather coarse so people won't have the new surprises spoiled.
Military Training EXP Analysis
Congrats, Psieye. This is the first time I've seen a derailed thread get put back on the rails.

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 11, 2011, 02:23:23 pm »

No, it won't be restricted to biomes. Yes, evil biomes can perform necromancy automatically. But the whole point of Secrets is for necromancy to be done in any biome by some key historical figure. Optionally, said figure will send out his undead army to siege you - again no matter what biome your fort is in.

Also yes, Toady has said there'll be worldgen settings to avoid these new features - though at first they'll be rather coarse so people won't have the new surprises spoiled.
BY ARMOK. THIS IS AWESOME.

I want to have an adventurer discover necromancy, and then go wipe out the humans! If the forest retreats get fixed, I'll kill the elves first!

Elf arm 12943 strikes you in the leg, bruising the muscle through the skin!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8