Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Funeral Pyre  (Read 9642 times)

dwarfhoplite

• Bay Watcher
  • Gentledwarves, prepare for Glory!
    • View Profile
Re: Funeral Pyre
« Reply #30 on: January 05, 2012, 12:26:18 pm »

It makes sense to burn gobbo corpses before they start spreading diseases, too.

Avo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 05, 2012, 01:32:02 pm »

I support this idea. Anything to make getting rid of those goblin corpses easier, especially now.

peskyninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Natural de-selector
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 06, 2012, 05:34:08 am »

And their clothes of course.
Burn the land and boil the sea. You can't take the sky from me

Thou son of a b*tch wilt not ever make subjects of Christian sons; we have no fear of your army, by land and by sea we will battle with thee, f**k thy mother.

coolio678

• Bay Watcher
  • whooshing winds and all that jazz
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 06, 2012, 12:10:46 pm »

I still prefer the idea of a 3x3 funeral pyre, which can hold up to nine dead enemies (center spot acts as a post, where they tie the dead's hands, so they don't go rolling around the grounds, lighting some spectators on fire.) and once full,or anytime you're ready, can be set to burn. Dwarves will treat it like a meeting hall during the burning (it'll last a month, maybe less.) and the dwarves will start parties, get happy thoughts (urist mcwatcher has been happy lately. He has spectated a burning of foes recently.) also, I would like if these would only be buildable outside, or smoke will start spewing from it.
Dwarves passing by get good thoughts from the mist of water and exploding felines.
Anyone of the equivalent to the royal bloodline in a nomadic group would have a sun tattooed on their hand, or a scrotum on their forehead (it's a little-known fact that fraternities are based off of long-forgotten tribes).

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 10, 2012, 02:11:39 pm »

I think it can be probably done through modding. A custom workshop that requires wood(or maybe fuel) to build with a reaction that requires(and possibly have still existing after the reaction) a corpse, that generates a material with a fixed temp above its ignite point.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #35 on: January 10, 2012, 11:16:21 pm »

I think it can be probably done through modding. A custom workshop that requires wood(or maybe fuel) to build with a reaction that requires(and possibly have still existing after the reaction) a corpse, that generates a material with a fixed temp above its ignite point.

Like ash?

ApolloCVermouth

• Bay Watcher
  • I am Rodopi Zhivkov
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 11, 2012, 04:30:53 am »

Great idea. I'd love it if the area designated for goblin funeral pyres eventually started sprouting plants from evil biomes.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #37 on: January 11, 2012, 01:05:04 pm »

I'd love the ability to fertilize my crops with the ashes of my slain enemies.

"The circle of life..."

Uristocrat

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven Railgunner
    • View Profile
    • DF Wiki User Page
« Reply #38 on: January 12, 2012, 01:48:18 am »

I'd love the ability to fertilize my crops with the ashes of my slain enemies.

"The circle of life..."

This would go hand-in-hand with an old suggestion to allow a "burn" designation for cloth items you want to dispose of.  I would love to be able to burn the goblins (and their clothes), then collect ash & goblin bones and make goblin bone bolts like we did in the old days.  We already have the right workshops; kilns seem appropriate enough.... aren't folks cremated in those IRL?
You could have berries on the rocks and the dwarves would say it was "berry gneiss."
You should die horribly for this. And I mean that in the nicest possible way.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 12, 2012, 10:23:17 am »

I doubt you'd recover whole bones (infused adamantium[1] ones aside) from any decent funeral pyre.  Which is not to say you wouldn't get lumps, that's what Cremulators are for, after all, but for whole bones you really need to butcher (with enough care, and/or render) the other stuff off of the bones.  Then you can chuck the useless (NoEatingOfSentients, indeed) stuff into the furnace.

[1] Notthespoilerstuff,theWolverinestuff.  AndIreckonyou'dhaveotherproblems,inhiscase...

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #40 on: January 12, 2012, 05:24:51 pm »

Funeral Pyre = Warlords Bonfire mod. The mods adds a 1x1 workshop in which you can start fires. 1 log for a ignition, 5 logs and 1 fuel for a long fire (9months) Everything that is piled on it will burn, if it's not fireproof. I use it some time now as funeral pyre.

Build it, and 1-zlevel above build a chanel, then dump all corpses on the bonfire, light it. Done.
I use it in my mod, Shameless selfpromotion

Otherwise just find warlords raws and add it yourself :) Corpse token is bugged at the moment though, you can not build a funeral pyre out of logs and a corpse...
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • The Light shall take us
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 12, 2012, 06:25:58 pm »

Now that ash has a use, perhaps burning a corpse causes it to become ash.

Why am I predicting holocaust-rivaling tales of mass extermination of cats and other creatures just to burn them and harvest their ash?
« Last Edit: January 12, 2012, 06:27:30 pm by Dwarf »
Quote from: Akura
Now, if we could only mod Giant War Eagles to carry crossbows, we could do strafing runs on the elves who sold the eagles to us in the first place.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 12, 2012, 08:41:12 pm »

Why am I predicting holocaust-rivaling tales of mass extermination of cats and other creatures just to burn them and harvest their ash?

Because that is entirely in keeping with DF player behavior.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #43 on: January 13, 2012, 12:59:28 am »

Hey, it works.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 13, 2012, 05:00:33 pm »

Hey, it works.

Well, not yet. But hopefully it will. Not that I use a lot of ash, as of this moment.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5