Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What would you most like to see next from LFR?

More tech tree!
- 36 (26.1%)
More ritual tree!
- 8 (5.8%)
More lore!
- 12 (8.7%)
More mythical weapons/armor!
- 22 (15.9%)
Plagues!
- 28 (20.3%)
More secrets!
- 21 (15.2%)
More mechanical constructs!
- 11 (8%)

Total Members Voted: 137

Pages: 1 ... 229 230 [231] 232 233 ... 240

Author Topic: *=*=* Legends of Forlorn Realms (LFR 2012) v0.21a *=*=* [DF 0.34.11]  (Read 397031 times)

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
Re: *=*=* Legends of Forlorn Realms (LFR 2012) v0.21a *=*=* [DF 0.34.11]
« Reply #3450 on: December 08, 2013, 07:24:38 pm »

My guess was DFHack also.  I'll upload a save in an hour or so.

I did make some minor modifications, but nothing that I would expect to cause this issue.  I added in the Bloodwinery and Leather Upgrade mini-mods, and removed [HAS_NERVES] from everything.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

narhiril

• Bay Watcher
  • [DUTY_BOUND]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3451 on: December 08, 2013, 08:45:29 pm »

My guess was DFHack also.  I'll upload a save in an hour or so.

I did make some minor modifications, but nothing that I would expect to cause this issue.  I added in the Bloodwinery and Leather Upgrade mini-mods, and removed [HAS_NERVES] from everything.

Those shouldn't have caused something like that.  Like Putnam said, it's probably something wonky with DFHack.

greycat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3452 on: December 08, 2013, 09:18:36 pm »

For the record, I managed to get DFHack to compile from Git source code (there is no r4 yet) on Linux with a one-line patch (see the DFHack thread for details).  Then I managed to generate world, embark, and survive three seasons.

Alas, I forgot to remove the foundry files from the raws before world gen, so most stones are marked "economic"... but I guess I can live with that for now.
Hell, if nobody's suffocated because of it, it hardly counts as a bug! -- StLeibowitz

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

narhiril

• Bay Watcher
  • [DUTY_BOUND]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3454 on: December 09, 2013, 03:45:58 am »

Here's the save

This save gave me no trouble exporting everything from legends.  Might I ask what OS you are using?

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #3455 on: December 09, 2013, 07:25:07 am »

Here's the save

This save gave me no trouble exporting everything from legends.  Might I ask what OS you are using?

Win 7 x64
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

greycat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3456 on: December 09, 2013, 10:25:52 pm »

Then I managed to generate world, embark, and survive three seasons.

After that, I managed to screw up my attempt to divert some magma into a cistern.  One of my miners was incinerated before he could get a wall up, and the entire forge area was flooded with earth's blood.  This included my only anvil, and most of the (iron) armor that I had made using charcoal.

Then in the spring, the elves came.  Did I mention we're at war with the elves?  I was completely unable to fight them off, with almost no weapons or armor.  After they killed a third of my dwarves, I just abandoned in disgrace.  I'll try again later.
Hell, if nobody's suffocated because of it, it hardly counts as a bug! -- StLeibowitz

lukstra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3457 on: December 11, 2013, 04:25:07 pm »

Any hints on fighting a Rakshasa?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 11, 2013, 05:26:28 pm by lukstra »

narhiril

• Bay Watcher
  • [DUTY_BOUND]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3458 on: December 11, 2013, 06:47:16 pm »

Any hints on fighting a Rakshasa?

Wow, that's something you don't see every day.  They can be struck down and disposed of like any other undead, but it sounds like that would be a pretty massive operation.

If you can get a few decently equipped soldiers out there, they'll take care of them.  Rakshasa illusions are just that - illusions.  They pretty much die if something sneezes at them, and only exist to distract you from the real target.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2013, 06:52:58 pm by narhiril »

lukstra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3459 on: December 12, 2013, 10:47:06 pm »

The Rakshasa/undead problem now serves as a force akin to natural selection: migrants need to fight through the cloud (also including ice wolf corpses) to reach the fortress gates. Most of those that reach the gates are now competent fighters, having slain 13+ Rakshasa illusions and perhaps a wolf or dwarf corpse. A nice side-effect is that migrants serve as an automatic, annual cleanup crew. Currently the fatality rate is 35%.

-EDIT-

However, this poses the question: Could capturing a Rakshasa allow this process to be automated in order to provide quick training?
« Last Edit: December 13, 2013, 01:44:40 am by lukstra »

MDFification

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammerer at Law
    • View Profile
« Reply #3460 on: December 13, 2013, 02:10:56 am »

Just posting to say that this mod is epic. Especially your various creatures.

greycat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3461 on: December 14, 2013, 10:19:42 pm »

One of the immigrants to my fortress was a dwarf calling herself Vucar Lartosid, Dwarf Thresher elementalist.  She was older than the world (I only use 125 turns of history during world generation, and her age was given as something like 153 years), and had many former civilizations....

In the winter at the end of our second year, my expedition leader was sleeping, with the meowkin diplomat in her quarters, waiting for her to wake up and finish their meeting.  Shortly afterward, the meowkin was seen storming out of the fortress in disappointment, and a mayor was elected.  The corpse of my former expedition leader was found, drained of blood.  There were no witnesses.

I built a slab to memoralize her, and it says on the slab that she was "drained of blood by the dwarf vampire Lorbam Domainmined".  Needless to say, none of my dwarves go by that name.

I looked at Vucar again, and it said that she was suffering from alcohol deprivation.  Well, that was enough evidence for me.  I assigned her to be the military captain of a brand new squad, with no uniform, replacing clothing -- which left her completely naked.  I sent her into the cavern and erected a wall behind her.  There wasn't any exploration to do, so I had her station herself in a medium-sized chamber.  A giant mole wandered by, so I had her attack and kill the mole, which she did with a single punch to the head.  After that, nothing at all happened -- no other creatures wandered by.

Eventually the mole started to decompose, and she became unhappy due to the miasma, and her lack of shoes and clothing.  After a while, she went berserk.

I stationed a squad of axes and a squad of crossbows in the tunnel leading to the point where I walled up the cavern, and deconstructed the wall.  I thought perhaps Vucar would charge us, but she didn't.  She simply stayed in her little cave.

So, I told my military to advance toward her, to force the confrontation.  Now, this is where things became interesting:

The militia commander blocks The spinning ice!
The Dwarf Thresher elementalist hurls a ball of fire!
The Dwarf Thresher elementalist throws a stone!
The militia commander blocks The spinning siltstone!
The militia commander is taken by surprise by the deafening thunder!

At this point, the moss of the cavern floor was on fire.  The militia commander was the first to arrive, and was caught in the blaze, and died shortly afterward:

The Dwarf Thresher elementalist grabs The militia commander by the -sheep leather waterskin- with her left lower arm!
The Dwarf Thresher elementalist punches The militia commander in the head with her right hand, bruising the muscle, jamming the skull through the brain and tearing the brain!
Sirab Kataklor, Axedwarf has been struck down!

The second axedwarf to arrive on the scene, Doren Ilirilrom, was some distance behind, and so was not caught in the spreading fire.  Vucar charged toward her, hurling more projectiles.  A third axedwarf, Kogan Usenber, also arrived on the scene, and the three fought just outside the flames.

The Axedwarf hacks The Dwarf Thresher elementalist in the right foot with his -bismuth bronze battle axe-, tearing apart the fat!
The -bismuth bronze battle axe- has lodged firmly in the wound!
The Axedwarf charges at The Dwarf Thresher elementalist!
The Axedwarf hacks The Dwarf Thresher elementalist in the right foot with her (-steel battle axe-), tearing apart the muscle!
Many nerves have been severed!
The Axedwarf collides with The Dwarf Thresher elementalist!
The Axedwarf bounces backward!
The Dwarf Thresher elementalist falls over.
The Axedwarf hacks The Dwarf Thresher elementalist in the left hand with her (-steel battle axe-) and the severed part sails off in an arc!
The Dwarf Thresher elementalist attacks The Axedwarf but She jumps away!
The Axedwarf hacks The Dwarf Thresher elementalist in the upper body from behind with his -bismuth bronze battle axe-, tearing the muscle and bruising the left lung!
The Axedwarf hacks The Dwarf Thresher elementalist in the lower body from behind with his -bismuth bronze battle axe-, tearing the muscle!
The Dwarf Thresher elementalist punches The Axedwarf in the right upper arm with her right hand, bruising the muscle through the ☼winding spire fiber cloak☼!
The Axedwarf hacks The Dwarf Thresher elementalist in the left lower leg from behind with his -bismuth bronze battle axe-, tearing apart the muscle!
A motor nerve has been severed!
The -bismuth bronze battle axe- has lodged firmly in the wound!
The Axedwarf hacks The Dwarf Thresher in the head with her (-steel battle axe-) and the severed part flies off in an arc!

With the flames still spreading, I ordered the squads to fall back to the tunnel leading into the caverns (several Z levels away), to wait for the fire to die out.  Later, the bodies will be retrieved and interred, if possible.

lukstra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3462 on: December 15, 2013, 12:02:02 am »

You let a vampire elementalist go berserk and die? So far I've never seen an elementalist migrant, not to mention one that also is a vampire. Before now I didn't even know it could happen. She would be an awesome one-dwarf army!
« Last Edit: December 15, 2013, 12:34:32 am by lukstra »

narhiril

• Bay Watcher
  • [DUTY_BOUND]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3463 on: December 15, 2013, 12:07:17 am »

You let a vampire elementalist go berserk and die? So far I've never seen an elementalist migrant, not to mention one that also is a vampire. Before now I didn't even know it could happen. She would be been an awesome one-dwarf army!

They're quite rare, and possess weak elemental powers from fire, air, water, and earth (weak being relative to the elemental ritual units).  They don't build any towers, though, due to not having any reanimation abilities.  Right now that's a hardcoded behavior.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2013, 12:09:33 am by narhiril »

lukstra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3464 on: December 16, 2013, 02:36:56 pm »

So... my fortress was chugging along normally, ignoring the undead crawling around outside, when I got the message: "An ambush. Curse them!" Zooming to the location, I saw some grizzly bears, okapi and horses, all of them named. There are no "conventional invaders" that I can see. What the hell?

The image of the unit list:

The image of the ambush itself (the background is blood on snow [evil region - blood rain])
Pages: 1 ... 229 230 [231] 232 233 ... 240