Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What would you most like to see next from LFR?

More tech tree!
- 36 (26.1%)
More ritual tree!
- 8 (5.8%)
More lore!
- 12 (8.7%)
More mythical weapons/armor!
- 22 (15.9%)
Plagues!
- 28 (20.3%)
More secrets!
- 21 (15.2%)
More mechanical constructs!
- 11 (8%)

Total Members Voted: 137

Pages: 1 ... 222 223 [224] 225 226 ... 240

Author Topic: *=*=* Legends of Forlorn Realms (LFR 2012) v0.21a *=*=* [DF 0.34.11]  (Read 397150 times)

narhiril

• Bay Watcher
  • [DUTY_BOUND]
    • View Profile
Re: *=*=* Legends of Forlorn Realms (LFR 2012) v0.20b *=*=* [DF 0.34.11]
« Reply #3345 on: August 29, 2013, 06:44:38 pm »

Currently doing some testing to make sure these weapon abilities actually work properly.  If all goes well, I can just start hammering out more.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3346 on: August 29, 2013, 06:51:03 pm »

I wonder how this will affect the two-hander versus shield dynamic present in the mod...

narhiril

• Bay Watcher
  • [DUTY_BOUND]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3347 on: August 31, 2013, 03:13:08 pm »

Currently doing some testing to make sure these weapon abilities actually work properly.  If all goes well, I can just start hammering out more.

All went well.  The hammering continues.

narhiril

• Bay Watcher
  • [DUTY_BOUND]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3348 on: September 04, 2013, 03:19:18 pm »

Today's project: the eternity staff.  While wielded, the staff grants its user eternal life.  They do not age, their muscles do not grow or decay, and their bodies become resistant to disease and attack.  When dropped or removed from their possession for longer than a moment, however, the staff claims the life of the one who had used it - a curse that only the most powerful magics are able to stave off.  This item will only be available in fortress mode, since there's no way to force a user to use an interaction in adventure mode.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2013, 03:43:13 pm by narhiril »

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #3349 on: September 04, 2013, 04:33:41 pm »

Today's project: the eternity staff.  While wielded, the staff grants its user eternal life.  They do not age, their muscles do not grow or decay, and their bodies become resistant to disease and attack.  When dropped or removed from their possession for longer than a moment, however, the staff claims the life of the one who had used it - a curse that only the most powerful magics are able to stave off.  This item will only be available in fortress mode, since there's no way to force a user to use an interaction in adventure mode.

That's a really cool idea!
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

narhiril

• Bay Watcher
  • [DUTY_BOUND]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3350 on: September 05, 2013, 08:37:14 pm »

Grum now have a language file - it's a little crude, because it's meant to be difficult to understand, but it will serve the purpose.  If it gets too annoying, I'll give it another spin - sometimes it's difficult to tell until you see the game start constructing names out of it.  I used a generator to create it from some "source" words, similar to what I did with the lizardmen.  That was after I did the voidwalker language by hand - never again.

I've taken note of the poll results - which have changed a bit since I started developing this.  For that reason, I'm making an executive decision to go with "grum" as the final name, but I've got a pretty interesting idea for a creature that "rockborn" might fit well.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2013, 08:42:17 pm by narhiril »

Arkenor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3351 on: September 06, 2013, 01:28:47 pm »

I'd be terrified of using that, given how hard it is to get a dwarf to never throw his stuff on the floor. And what about the person who crafts it? Or the dwarf that comes to haul it to the armoury?

narhiril

• Bay Watcher
  • [DUTY_BOUND]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3352 on: September 06, 2013, 06:06:24 pm »

Haulers are not affected by item syndromes unless I specifically include them - which I haven't had a reason to do yet.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #3353 on: September 06, 2013, 10:35:51 pm »

No Bin of Speed?
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3354 on: September 06, 2013, 10:41:01 pm »

No Bin of Speed?

Have you done that? :P

narhiril

• Bay Watcher
  • [DUTY_BOUND]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3355 on: September 11, 2013, 01:57:02 pm »

No Bin of Speed?

Alright, alright, I'll make a bin of speed.  xD

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #3356 on: September 11, 2013, 03:03:36 pm »

I was more going for the cursed wheelbarrow of incredibly slowness... its made of slade. :) Guess you can put it in that bin to even it out. ;)

Hope the magic items are going well. I got too distracted by other things to work on mine.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3357 on: September 11, 2013, 03:07:10 pm »

No Bin of Speed?

Alright, alright, I'll make a bin of speed.  xD

Wow.  Just wow.

I briefly played with bins, once.  I hated how they worked so completely that I have played without any since.  [They do wicked things to my mental system of how I visually keep track of storage in my intermixed quantum and non-quantum storage areas, as bins may be full, partially full, or empty, and all look the same and all be filling up the storage space - and that dwarves would rather bin goods than leave them alone in a quantum storage square... which is NOT alright with me, that space is intended for NEW never quantum stockpiled items of whatever type!]

To the point that I would separately mark for purchase every individual item in a trader's bin that contained only things I wanted, because under no circumstances would I ever consider allowing bins among my fortress stocks again.

And this was from before the recent changes, where dwarves lug bins around on collecting tasks.  I don't like that idea either.  So now I doubly despise bins.

Grats, Narhiril!  I feel some urge to revisit my vow to myself, that never again would I pollute my play with bins.  I'm actually tempted, another amazement from your mod!
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

narhiril

• Bay Watcher
  • [DUTY_BOUND]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3358 on: September 11, 2013, 03:38:01 pm »

Here are some very basic grum sprites...  baby, civilian, skeleton (unused), zombie:

The military ones will be substantially more interesting, but I'm not quite finished with those yet.  Grum will wield weapons of their own design and gain fear immunity while in possession of one of these weapons.  Many of their weapons were designed based on excavation tools.  The grum will have access to steel and mithril, and will siege and ambush from the caverns.  Grum forces will fight with shedim and forgotten beasts.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2013, 03:40:08 pm by narhiril »

narhiril

• Bay Watcher
  • [DUTY_BOUND]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3359 on: September 12, 2013, 08:25:48 pm »

A note to everyone, underground shedim sieges and ambushes aren't currently working.  I am aware of this issue and am testing a fix for it.
Pages: 1 ... 222 223 [224] 225 226 ... 240