Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What would you most like to see next from LFR?

More tech tree!
- 36 (26.1%)
More ritual tree!
- 8 (5.8%)
More lore!
- 12 (8.7%)
More mythical weapons/armor!
- 22 (15.9%)
Plagues!
- 28 (20.3%)
More secrets!
- 21 (15.2%)
More mechanical constructs!
- 11 (8%)

Total Members Voted: 137

Pages: 1 ... 216 217 [218] 219 220 ... 240

Author Topic: *=*=* Legends of Forlorn Realms (LFR 2012) v0.21a *=*=* [DF 0.34.11]  (Read 397292 times)

astianax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: *=*=* Legends of Forlorn Realms (LFR 2012) v0.20b *=*=* [DF 0.34.11]
« Reply #3255 on: July 06, 2013, 02:07:18 pm »

yup, you've got people over here rooting for ya! even if we're mostly silent most of the time

on a side note, seems like toady's working on stealing your thunder with the bananas whenever his next update gets released. but still, yay for nar's updates. and you really shouldn't feel bad about taking time for any rl things that pop up, ya know. rl is important, esp work and your health. so, don't worry when people around here start seeming impatient. they'll wait, just like the rest of us

narhiril

• Bay Watcher
  • [DUTY_BOUND]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3256 on: July 06, 2013, 04:37:03 pm »

yup, you've got people over here rooting for ya! even if we're mostly silent most of the time

on a side note, seems like toady's working on stealing your thunder with the bananas whenever his next update gets released. but still, yay for nar's updates. and you really shouldn't feel bad about taking time for any rl things that pop up, ya know. rl is important, esp work and your health. so, don't worry when people around here start seeming impatient. they'll wait, just like the rest of us

If Toady decides to do bananas, then I'll change them to... I don't know, plantains or something.  The point was to have farmable wood.  ;)

Thuellai

• Bay Watcher
  • Nobody's business but the Turks
    • View Profile
« Reply #3257 on: July 06, 2013, 09:20:49 pm »

Well, so far so good.

I was kind of shocked to see 38 migrants show up one year, but it became totally worth it when I noticed a child blinking...

He's a legendary weaponsmith savant.  He's only 3, so doubtlessly it'll rust by the time he matures, and by then I may have other legendary weaponsmiths, but still.  I'm assigning him a war animal.  I will not have a child prodigy abducted by goblins or whatever.
When you're following an angel, does it mean you have to throw your body off a building?

"So kids, what story do you want me to read to you tonight?"
"Oooh!  Oooh!  Goldibeard and the The Rotting Corpses!"
~LegacyCWAL

Jilladilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Most Sleep Deprived
    • View Profile
« Reply #3258 on: July 06, 2013, 09:54:54 pm »

Well, so far so good.

I was kind of shocked to see 38 migrants show up one year, but it became totally worth it when I noticed a child blinking...

He's a legendary weaponsmith savant.  He's only 3, so doubtlessly it'll rust by the time he matures, and by then I may have other legendary weaponsmiths, but still.  I'm assigning him a war animal.  I will not have a child prodigy abducted by goblins or whatever.

I THINK child prodigies will still perform whatever labor they're good at, even if you don't want them to..... Congrats on that legendary 3 year old weaponsmith though!

Glory to United Forenia!

If you see a 'Nemonole' on the internet elsewhere, it's probably me

Thuellai

• Bay Watcher
  • Nobody's business but the Turks
    • View Profile
« Reply #3259 on: July 06, 2013, 10:16:35 pm »

Well, so far so good.

I THINK child prodigies will still perform whatever labor they're good at, even if you don't want them to..... Congrats on that legendary 3 year old weaponsmith though!

Yep.  I was quite surprised to see him take over my forge and start pumping out trap components and weapons for my militia.

Surprised, but pleased.

Now all I can think is, him being a kid means he won't get distracted by any other labor until he grows up.

EDIT:  My alchemist lab refuses to do anything.  It's powered, but it won't even do basic experiments.  It wants non-economic stone, which may be the problem, but I've got tons of stone piled up that I made sure was turned to useable for just this purpose.

EDIT 2: Ignore the previous edit.  I put the damn thing in the bottom left corner of a room and failed to notice that this boxed in the lab so that there were no pathable ways out of it.  I am dumb.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2013, 11:00:39 pm by Thuellai »
When you're following an angel, does it mean you have to throw your body off a building?

"So kids, what story do you want me to read to you tonight?"
"Oooh!  Oooh!  Goldibeard and the The Rotting Corpses!"
~LegacyCWAL

greycat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3260 on: July 08, 2013, 11:46:53 am »

There's a SET_LABOR_LISTS setting in the data/init/d_init.txt file.  By default, it is set to SKILLS which means the game automatically assigns labors to all immigrants based on what skills they have.  This even happens for children.  So, if you have a child show up who's a weaponsmithing prodigy, with this setting, the game will turn on his weaponsmithing labor, and he'll start taking smithing jobs.

This is probably a bug, and it happens in vanilla as well (start a fortress, have some kids harvest crops until they are novice growers, abandon, start a new fortress, kids show up with novice grower skill, game assigns farming (fields) labor, and they start planting -- whether you wanted them to or not).

The other thing to remember about 3 year old weaponsmithing prodigies is they're halfway to adulthood in LFR, since our dwarves mature faster.

I'm not sure whether Legendary skills can actually rust or not.  I thought I'd read something somewhere....
Hell, if nobody's suffocated because of it, it hardly counts as a bug! -- StLeibowitz

greycat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3261 on: July 08, 2013, 01:47:58 pm »

I just stumbled across #0006334: Creatures, including dwarves, born in the fortress do not grow to full adult size.

DFHack fixes are available: Ruby version, Lua version.  The Ruby version appears to be the more polished of the two.
Hell, if nobody's suffocated because of it, it hardly counts as a bug! -- StLeibowitz

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3262 on: July 08, 2013, 02:58:47 pm »

I wrote the Lua version, and the Ruby version is the more polished of the two.

Agent of Avarice

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3263 on: July 08, 2013, 06:41:59 pm »

First off, I really ought to say thanks for all the FUN this mod has brought me. So thanks for aiding in dwarven genocide narhiril. Second, I heard (read?) talk of a LFR Succession Fort, is that going to be a thing soon?

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3264 on: July 08, 2013, 06:47:27 pm »

That's something we're trying to work out. The thread is here.

narhiril

• Bay Watcher
  • [DUTY_BOUND]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3265 on: July 08, 2013, 06:49:15 pm »

I just stumbled across #0006334: Creatures, including dwarves, born in the fortress do not grow to full adult size.

DFHack fixes are available: Ruby version, Lua version.  The Ruby version appears to be the more polished of the two.

Thanks, I'll include that in the next release.

Agent of Avarice

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3266 on: July 08, 2013, 06:50:23 pm »

That's something we're trying to work out. The thread is here.

That was quick, thanks I'll go give my two cents I suppose.

narhiril

• Bay Watcher
  • [DUTY_BOUND]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3267 on: July 08, 2013, 07:16:07 pm »

New poll is up.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3268 on: July 08, 2013, 07:20:10 pm »

Do we get to know what the options mean, or is this just a poll to decide the name?

narhiril

• Bay Watcher
  • [DUTY_BOUND]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3269 on: July 08, 2013, 11:49:07 pm »

Do we get to know what the options mean, or is this just a poll to decide the name?

At this point, this is purely for the name.

Note that this poll won't be up for very long, so please, if you want your input to be heard, now's the time.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2013, 10:26:15 pm by narhiril »
Pages: 1 ... 216 217 [218] 219 220 ... 240