Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What would you most like to see next from LFR?

More tech tree!
- 36 (26.1%)
More ritual tree!
- 8 (5.8%)
More lore!
- 12 (8.7%)
More mythical weapons/armor!
- 22 (15.9%)
Plagues!
- 28 (20.3%)
More secrets!
- 21 (15.2%)
More mechanical constructs!
- 11 (8%)

Total Members Voted: 137

Pages: 1 ... 213 214 [215] 216 217 ... 240

Author Topic: *=*=* Legends of Forlorn Realms (LFR 2012) v0.21a *=*=* [DF 0.34.11]  (Read 397347 times)

reemer30

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:swag]
    • View Profile
Re: *=*=* Legends of Forlorn Realms (LFR 2012) v0.20a *=*=* [DF 0.34.11]
« Reply #3210 on: May 10, 2013, 10:55:16 pm »

Hi, I have been working on some random little mods, and I created a fire mage, which after downloading this mod and looking through raws I saw it is very similar to the ember-light dwarf in this mod. I was unable to keep them from lighting the grass ablaze and quickly dying in the inferno. I was wondering if the dwarves here do the same thing and, if not, how you manage to keep them from killing themselves. Thanks in advance!

narhiril

• Bay Watcher
  • [DUTY_BOUND]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3211 on: May 11, 2013, 11:26:43 pm »

Hi, I have been working on some random little mods, and I created a fire mage, which after downloading this mod and looking through raws I saw it is very similar to the ember-light dwarf in this mod. I was unable to keep them from lighting the grass ablaze and quickly dying in the inferno. I was wondering if the dwarves here do the same thing and, if not, how you manage to keep them from killing themselves. Thanks in advance!

They're completely and totally immune to fire because all of their body materials have had their properties tweaked to make it so.  In short, it doesn't matter what they light on fire because they can't die or be hurt from fire.  Bear in mind that this doesn't apply to other dwarves, though.  ;)

greycat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3212 on: May 15, 2013, 08:33:54 pm »

In lfr_ritual_reference.txt:
Prayer for Lemox' favor - no reagents, produces symbols of Kerox' favor (occasionally).
Prayer for Kerox' favor - no reagents, produces symbols of Lemox' favor (occasionally).

I think these descriptions got switched.
Hell, if nobody's suffocated because of it, it hardly counts as a bug! -- StLeibowitz

narhiril

• Bay Watcher
  • [DUTY_BOUND]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3213 on: May 17, 2013, 11:56:22 am »

In lfr_ritual_reference.txt:
Prayer for Lemox' favor - no reagents, produces symbols of Kerox' favor (occasionally).
Prayer for Kerox' favor - no reagents, produces symbols of Lemox' favor (occasionally).

I think these descriptions got switched.

They did.  Nice catch.

ArchAIngel

• Bay Watcher
  • Infested Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3214 on: May 23, 2013, 06:21:23 pm »

This crashed when I tried to equip my militia commander. I am pretty sure that is not supposed to happen. Ideas why?

ArchAIngel

• Bay Watcher
  • Infested Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3215 on: May 28, 2013, 07:46:54 pm »

I think I killed the thread. Sorry?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #3216 on: May 29, 2013, 11:24:45 am »

Maybe the dfhack related crash from pressing 'e' in the military selection? Try updating these dfhack plugins. That should fix it.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

narhiril

• Bay Watcher
  • [DUTY_BOUND]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3217 on: June 11, 2013, 03:03:42 am »

Well since a lot of people seem to care more about fresh fruit than the foundry, I guess I'll be adding banana trees for the next release.  xD

Pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3219 on: June 11, 2013, 11:21:15 pm »

Well, Narhiril, since you've been gone awhile, how about a big post discussing what you intend to do now? What's up for the next release? Are you going to be fixing bugs? (theres some quirkiness here and there, like damascus drone hosts being too common and all that)

simonthedwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • ¤Death¤
    • View Profile
« Reply #3220 on: June 12, 2013, 11:48:58 am »

still no new version ?
Quote from: Syndic
Sentry towers, manned by orang-utangs./quote]

narhiril

• Bay Watcher
  • [DUTY_BOUND]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3221 on: June 12, 2013, 01:43:17 pm »

Well, Narhiril, since you've been gone awhile, how about a big post discussing what you intend to do now? What's up for the next release? Are you going to be fixing bugs? (theres some quirkiness here and there, like damascus drone hosts being too common and all that)

There's not a whole lot to fix for this next release, which is a good thing because it means I can start building some new stuff.  Drone hosts are definitely the big issue that will be fixed, but the rest is mostly minor stuff.  The next release will include banana trees (farmable fruit + wood) and the hydroponics chamber, which will allow you to grow plants of any kind at any time by simulating the conditions they need for growing, using heat lamps (probably lustrum powered), potash, and seeds (water won't be required because dwarves only fill buckets on their own whims and it would probably generate a lot of spam).  This will allow you to effectively farm anywhere deep underground, but you'll need a steady supply of potash to keep it going and the yield per hydroponics chamber will not be as high as farm plots of the same size.  Still, this can be extremely useful in harsh climates.  I'll also continue to expand on mechanical construct research and development.

Depending on how smoothly that all goes, I may even get around to finishing another ritual unit for the Temple of Origin for this release.

still no new version ?

Sorry about the wait, I've just been so busy!  I landed an internship for the summer, which is cutting down on my free time substantially, but I'm starting to get into a good groove here where I can get some more LFR done.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3222 on: June 12, 2013, 03:34:01 pm »

Does that hydroponics lab allow growing the forage-only high-tier plants?

Pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3223 on: June 12, 2013, 11:18:48 pm »

I landed an internship for the summer

Gratz.  :)

Pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3224 on: June 13, 2013, 12:09:34 pm »

Also, everyone dies to wooden bolts, even damascus sentinels. I don't suppose you would consider fixing archery OPness, or including the Broken Arrow mini mod into this?

Have you thought about making changes to existing races? You know, for story based purposes and stuff to their culture? Just thought you have a very interesting plethora of races here you could work with, like the void walkers and the shedim and especially the vanguard. And even the moroii. Which reminds me, any plans on cavern invaders?

And why bananas? :P I personally hate that mushy, gooey and dry thing, and the chips they make out of it is so bad. Blah. Hate bananas. Unless it's sliced and on pancakes.  :) (yeah, Pan likes pancakes. Har har har.)
Pages: 1 ... 213 214 [215] 216 217 ... 240