Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What would you most like to see next from LFR?

More tech tree!
- 36 (26.1%)
More ritual tree!
- 8 (5.8%)
More lore!
- 12 (8.7%)
More mythical weapons/armor!
- 22 (15.9%)
Plagues!
- 28 (20.3%)
More secrets!
- 21 (15.2%)
More mechanical constructs!
- 11 (8%)

Total Members Voted: 137

Pages: 1 ... 212 213 [214] 215 216 ... 240

Author Topic: *=*=* Legends of Forlorn Realms (LFR 2012) v0.21a *=*=* [DF 0.34.11]  (Read 397376 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: *=*=* Legends of Forlorn Realms (LFR 2012) v0.20a *=*=* [DF 0.34.11]
« Reply #3195 on: April 21, 2013, 07:22:43 am »

So... arent all your reactions in reaction_brew_lfr overflowing when you use a barrel and 4-5 plants? I had a problem with this in my mod, had to change the reactions to take either only pots or 2 barrels... Check your workshop, my guess is that 20-25 units of drink are created outside of the barrel, and remain untouchable in the workshop. You can clean it by deconstruction, but no one can drink it.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

lukstra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3196 on: April 22, 2013, 02:43:01 am »

A question about a strange mood armor:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3197 on: April 22, 2013, 04:10:32 am »

Gosh, how would that even be worn?  Like a backpack?  That almost sounds like some sort of ammo for a special type of projectile weapon!
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

narhiril

• Bay Watcher
  • [DUTY_BOUND]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3198 on: April 22, 2013, 07:20:53 am »

Gosh, how would that even be worn?  Like a backpack?  That almost sounds like some sort of ammo for a special type of projectile weapon!

The idea is that it's worn like a backpack and projects a protective field around the wearer.  Due to technical limitations, it really only covers the chest area, but it can be worn over any other armor.

So... arent all your reactions in reaction_brew_lfr overflowing when you use a barrel and 4-5 plants? I had a problem with this in my mod, had to change the reactions to take either only pots or 2 barrels... Check your workshop, my guess is that 20-25 units of drink are created outside of the barrel, and remain untouchable in the workshop. You can clean it by deconstruction, but no one can drink it.

To my knowledge, I haven't seen this before.  I'll have to double check to see if its working properly.

Palpatine

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3199 on: April 22, 2013, 09:39:29 pm »

Just had another Shedim seige show up.  They fought each other, and a number of Shedim units killed each other, causing the seige to break.  They were all from the same civilization as far as I could tell.  I'm uncertain if Shedim fighting each other is a bug or not, which is why I'm posting this.

And for a modest surprise about the Shedim, read the spoiler. 

« Last Edit: April 22, 2013, 09:42:37 pm by Palpatine »

narhiril

• Bay Watcher
  • [DUTY_BOUND]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3200 on: May 01, 2013, 02:52:49 pm »

All right. Now, I officially give up. I have edited graphics out of my init.txt, I have dropped the alternative raws folder where it belongs, I even tried to delete the entire graphics folder. Yet no matter what I try, I get this:

*SNIP*

So, is there some crucial step I missed in the process, or it's a feature of uninstalling tilesets? (yes, I have little to none experience with tilesets).

Just gonna drop this here...

Please let me know if you run into any issues.

greycat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3201 on: May 03, 2013, 07:33:51 pm »

The file item_armor_lfr_simple.txt is present in Ironhand but not in ASCII.

Or... at least, it's present in my fortress's raw directory, and in the extracted Ironhand directory.  I seem to have misplaced the original Ironhand 0.20a archive.  Anyway, copying that into my data/save/region1/raw/objects/ directory made it work.  And it looks much nicer now. :)
« Last Edit: May 03, 2013, 07:37:53 pm by greycat »
Hell, if nobody's suffocated because of it, it hardly counts as a bug! -- StLeibowitz

SanDiego

• Bay Watcher
  • I SEE IN YOUR SOUL
    • View Profile
« Reply #3202 on: May 04, 2013, 11:54:32 am »

All right. Now, I officially give up. I have edited graphics out of my init.txt, I have dropped the alternative raws folder where it belongs, I even tried to delete the entire graphics folder. Yet no matter what I try, I get this:

*SNIP*

So, is there some crucial step I missed in the process, or it's a feature of uninstalling tilesets? (yes, I have little to none experience with tilesets).

Just gonna drop this here...

Please let me know if you run into any issues.
Praise be!
Welcome to Murdermachines. Try the gecko sauce; it's delectable and delightful, a wonderful blend of savory and spicy that makes any dish delicious without being too overwhelming.

(Warning: Do not ask about the manufacturing process for gecko sauce)
(Warning: Gecko sauce may cause acute respiratory failure on contact)

narhiril

• Bay Watcher
  • [DUTY_BOUND]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3203 on: May 04, 2013, 12:33:47 pm »

The file item_armor_lfr_simple.txt is present in Ironhand but not in ASCII.

Or... at least, it's present in my fortress's raw directory, and in the extracted Ironhand directory.  I seem to have misplaced the original Ironhand 0.20a archive.  Anyway, copying that into my data/save/region1/raw/objects/ directory made it work.  And it looks much nicer now. :)

Looks like I forgot to package the optional components with that one.  I spent so much time on the art that I forgot to include all of the essentials...  Derp.  Fixing it now. 

EDIT: Fixed.  New downloads will now include the optional components and manual files as intended.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2013, 12:38:40 pm by narhiril »

Ashenblaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3204 on: May 07, 2013, 04:59:19 am »

do you accept suggestions?
If you do, here's mine.
Make a wall trap where you can choose what direction it pushes
eg.
+ = Floor             v = Pressure plate
. = empty space
ll = normal wall      T = Trap wall

++++ v
. . . . +ll
. . . . +T
. . . . +T
. . . . +T

(sorry in advance because I dont know anything about modding so, I dont know if you can do this)

sackhead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3205 on: May 08, 2013, 01:46:08 am »

i think tou meen like a piston
unfortunately moving blocks are impossible

Ashenblaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3206 on: May 08, 2013, 11:22:19 am »

It doesnt have to moving object like a piston, it could be something like...something that generates some sort of matter (for example, air)
that pushes objects and or living things to a direction.

In the example in my previous post, let's move the traps 1 tile more inside the wall.

Walls= []

++++ v
. . . . +[][][]            (just changed the walls so it's easier to understand...somewhat)
. . . . ++T[]]
. . . . v[][][]
. . . . ++T[]]
. . . . v[][][]

The traps (assuming its the air generating one) are now positioned to direct the air to the left.

The traps should have a pause between each push and does not tolerate citizens.
The push should be strong enough to push goblins away but weak enough that it cant push big things like minotaurs.

greycat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3207 on: May 08, 2013, 01:58:07 pm »

I don't know modding very well, but in vanilla there's definitely no way to cause a creature to move in a desired direction with any kind of predictability.  You can approximate it, though -- retract a retracting bridge, and the creature will move downward (maybe).  Introduce flowing water, and the creature may move in the direction the water is flowing.  None of these are 100% reliable.

For your design, I would think that pumping a bunch of water would be a reasonable approach:

Code: [Select]
########
+++++++###
......+ <- water <-
......+###
......+ <- water <-
......+###
######+#
« Last Edit: May 08, 2013, 02:01:30 pm by greycat »
Hell, if nobody's suffocated because of it, it hardly counts as a bug! -- StLeibowitz

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3208 on: May 08, 2013, 02:40:29 pm »

Yeah, nothing you are saying is remotely possible, yeah.

SanDiego

• Bay Watcher
  • I SEE IN YOUR SOUL
    • View Profile
« Reply #3209 on: May 09, 2013, 06:51:40 am »

I don't know modding very well, but in vanilla there's definitely no way to cause a creature to move in a desired direction with any kind of predictability.  You can approximate it, though -- retract a retracting bridge, and the creature will move downward (maybe).  Introduce flowing water, and the creature may move in the direction the water is flowing.  None of these are 100% reliable.

For your design, I would think that pumping a bunch of water would be a reasonable approach:

Code: [Select]
########
+++++++###
......+ <- water <-
......+###
......+ <- water <-
......+###
######+#
Well, the only way to get someone moving against his will in certain direction is bridge-a-pult (at lest as far as I know).
Welcome to Murdermachines. Try the gecko sauce; it's delectable and delightful, a wonderful blend of savory and spicy that makes any dish delicious without being too overwhelming.

(Warning: Do not ask about the manufacturing process for gecko sauce)
(Warning: Gecko sauce may cause acute respiratory failure on contact)
Pages: 1 ... 212 213 [214] 215 216 ... 240