Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What would you most like to see next from LFR?

More tech tree!
- 36 (26.1%)
More ritual tree!
- 8 (5.8%)
More lore!
- 12 (8.7%)
More mythical weapons/armor!
- 22 (15.9%)
Plagues!
- 28 (20.3%)
More secrets!
- 21 (15.2%)
More mechanical constructs!
- 11 (8%)

Total Members Voted: 137

Pages: 1 ... 209 210 [211] 212 213 ... 240

Author Topic: *=*=* Legends of Forlorn Realms (LFR 2012) v0.21a *=*=* [DF 0.34.11]  (Read 397373 times)

narhiril

• Bay Watcher
  • [DUTY_BOUND]
    • View Profile
Re: *=*=* Legends of Forlorn Realms (LFR 2012) v0.20a *=*=* [DF 0.34.11]
« Reply #3150 on: April 01, 2013, 11:23:03 pm »

Bad news:
  • The download aborted at 6.8 MB the first time -- no idea why.  It downloaded fully the second time.
  • No ASCII!  :-X
  • The capitalization of the LFR_additional_creatures.png file is wrong -- I had to rename it to lfr_additional_creatures.png (non-issue on Windows because the FAT and NTFS file systems automatically translate capital to lowercase or vice versa).
  • The reaction_foundry_kipi.txt (and building_foundry_kipi.txt) files are still present, meaning most of the stones get marked as "economic".  And I didn't realize this until I'd already world-genned and embarked.

I moved the ASCII raws into the optional components folder, because I know some people get more enjoyment from playing in ASCII.  You'll have to move a few files around and edit the init files, but it should be playable in ASCII.  If there's demand for a pre-installed ASCII version, I'm open to getting one started.  It would only take me a little while to get a second download listing up and running.

Yay, glad to see a new version of LFR! :D

When future bug fixes come out, will we probably be able to keep using a 20.a save, or will we probably need to gen a whole new world for 20.b?

I really won't know until the issues actually come up.  Certain things can be changed without requiring a new world, but some can't,
« Last Edit: April 01, 2013, 11:38:03 pm by narhiril »

greycat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3151 on: April 02, 2013, 03:51:20 pm »

A separate pre-installed ASCII download seems like overkill, unless there are a bunch of other players who want it.  Please don't feel any obligation to spend time on that just for me.  I'll take a look at the optional components folder and see if I can figure it out.

Yeah, ASCIIfication was simple enough -- just copy the files from one place to another.  I removed the foundry files after that, and regenned the world.

The new world seems to have aquifers everywhere, so I chose a spot and dug through the aquifer.  Tedious, but I've done it before....

In the summer, some migrants arrived.  Two of them are ten years old and married to each other.  Did you lower the age of maturity from the standard 12 years?
« Last Edit: April 02, 2013, 09:09:15 pm by greycat »
Hell, if nobody's suffocated because of it, it hardly counts as a bug! -- StLeibowitz

greycat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3152 on: April 03, 2013, 05:56:56 pm »

I just noticed a mixture of two different boozes in the same barrel:

-prickle berry wine Barrel (chestnut) <#1>-
Weight: 24   Basic Value: 20

Contents:

prickle berry wine [4]
dwarven wine [5]
Hell, if nobody's suffocated because of it, it hardly counts as a bug! -- StLeibowitz

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3153 on: April 03, 2013, 05:58:13 pm »

I just noticed a mixture of two different boozes in the same barrel:

-prickle berry wine Barrel (chestnut) <#1>-
Weight: 24   Basic Value: 20

Contents:

prickle berry wine [4]
dwarven wine [5]

Okay? This really doesn't have much to do with the mod...

Pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3154 on: April 03, 2013, 10:30:53 pm »

The wine thing is weird though. I've never seen that.

Anyway, Narhiril, really excited for this new release. Is the dfhack and all that compatible with a mac, though?  :-\ Usually I download a mac DF and then move all LFR files over. But this time, would the df hack be able to open up or however that works? I'm gonna go test it now.

And while we're at it, Narhiril, how about you discuss your plans for the future? I always love to hear talks about what you're gonna do, what you planned to do, and what not.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3155 on: April 03, 2013, 10:32:14 pm »

+1 to that. Dev talks are always good.

Pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3156 on: April 04, 2013, 12:03:43 am »

Hm, I guess I need to run DfHack while the LFR game is running to use the runes system and all that? The pre-installed version has only DFHack in an exe. Can I just download a DFHack for a Mac separately and then run it with my LFR game?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3157 on: April 04, 2013, 12:06:59 am »

Yeah, download it separately. It should work, unless narhiril has included anything extra.

narhiril

• Bay Watcher
  • [DUTY_BOUND]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3158 on: April 04, 2013, 07:44:10 am »

A separate pre-installed ASCII download seems like overkill, unless there are a bunch of other players who want it.  Please don't feel any obligation to spend time on that just for me.  I'll take a look at the optional components folder and see if I can figure it out.

Yeah, ASCIIfication was simple enough -- just copy the files from one place to another.  I removed the foundry files after that, and regenned the world.

The new world seems to have aquifers everywhere, so I chose a spot and dug through the aquifer.  Tedious, but I've done it before....

In the summer, some migrants arrived.  Two of them are ten years old and married to each other.  Did you lower the age of maturity from the standard 12 years?

Yes, I did.  This was done to compensate for the increased difficulty in replacing lost military forces, due to migrants having to run a potential gauntlet of ambushes to get to your fortress.  If it bothers you, you're free to change it back in creature_standard.

Yeah, download it separately. It should work, unless narhiril has included anything extra.

I haven't.  :)

Just make sure the contents of hack/raw make it into the corresponding folder of the new version you're downloading, otherwise runes won't work properly.

DwarfOfTheLand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3159 on: April 05, 2013, 04:19:55 pm »

Enjoyable, and consistently playable mod. Some mods, only let me go on adventure mode with an OP character and slaughter everything in sight, but this one is real nicely manageable.

¤MASTERWORK¤ Dwarf Fortress - V.3 -
 - A comprehensive mod pack with 25% higher FPS -

Pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3160 on: April 07, 2013, 12:59:27 pm »

Sentinel drones are killing everything in the caverns! More in depth stuff afterwards when I'm less busy.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #3161 on: April 07, 2013, 02:23:45 pm »

Sentinel drones are killing everything in the caverns! More in depth stuff afterwards when I'm less busy.

I'm dealing with this right now as well.  I haven't set up my full military yet, only selected a commander.  This required an immediate response, so I sent him down there.  The guy spends a week drinking, another week gathering up his equipment, and then goes down to the fight.  He gets within a few steps of the drone, then turns back around because he needs sleep.  Bastard.

Update:  My god.  I have like a dozen soldiers piled onto this thing right now, and they can't penetrate its armor.  I would think the steel battle axe and tungsten maul would at least be able to, but neither of them have had any success either.  At least these soldiers are getting some amazing training out of this.  It can't penetrate their armor either.  So it's like the best sparring ever.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2013, 03:48:47 pm by SalmonGod »
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3162 on: April 07, 2013, 10:18:27 pm »

Yep, that was what I was gonna say. Crude javelin bolts shred them like paper, though, a testament to the overpoweredness of ranged weaponry these days  :-\

narhiril

• Bay Watcher
  • [DUTY_BOUND]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3163 on: April 08, 2013, 01:56:38 am »

Yep, that was what I was gonna say. Crude javelin bolts shred them like paper, though, a testament to the overpoweredness of ranged weaponry these days  :-\

Javelins were supposed to be that powerful because the ammo is extremely expensive to produce.  Crude javelins were supposed to be for training - they were not supposed to be very effective combat weapons.  I'll be looking at them closer tomorrow and making adjustments as necessary.  Severely crippling the velocity modifier might be what I need to do there.  Thanks for the reports, guys.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #3164 on: April 08, 2013, 10:09:10 am »

Mine was eliminated by a single copper bolt.  But only after it killed a bunch of people.

Edit:

My fort's latest artifact.  I was hoping for something exotic, but the guy put a lot of work into this and I certainly won't complain about a great axe... but is cobalt a good weapons material?  There's no information on it without digging into the raws.

Spoiler: Purpletamed (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 09, 2013, 09:10:01 am by SalmonGod »
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.
Pages: 1 ... 209 210 [211] 212 213 ... 240