Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What would you most like to see next from LFR?

More tech tree!
- 36 (26.1%)
More ritual tree!
- 8 (5.8%)
More lore!
- 12 (8.7%)
More mythical weapons/armor!
- 22 (15.9%)
Plagues!
- 28 (20.3%)
More secrets!
- 21 (15.2%)
More mechanical constructs!
- 11 (8%)

Total Members Voted: 137

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 240

Author Topic: *=*=* Legends of Forlorn Realms (LFR 2012) v0.21a *=*=* [DF 0.34.11]  (Read 397486 times)

grank6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: *=*=*=* Legends of Forlorn Realms - an expansion mod *=*=*=* v0.13b
« Reply #450 on: July 22, 2011, 10:20:36 am »

i've been playing this for a few days and the map i picked has no orichalcum what so ever ( i used dwarf fortress hack to check if it did have some and it doesn't) and i can't import it from the dwarf home city so i'm wondering if theres another way to get it and also how rare are damascus sentinel because i'm afraid i'll have to wait for one of them to show up

also i just got a giant eagle from the elves i'm so building a temple to worship them for that eagle

TehNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: July 22, 2011, 10:25:11 am »

Too bad, guess u can't have any... Re gen the world? Check to see if you really cant get it from home city.

A strange mood armorsmith took me ether bar...  :'( How good are they as armor?

>:( >:( >:( >:( >:( It wasnt even an armorsmith mood! He used his novice metalcrafting and mooded a F***KING ETHER TRUMPET! RAGEQUIT
« Last Edit: July 22, 2011, 10:30:58 am by TehNoob »

Carn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: July 22, 2011, 11:38:29 am »

Too bad, guess u can't have any... Re gen the world? Check to see if you really cant get it from home city.

A strange mood armorsmith took me ether bar...  :'( How good are they as armor?

>:( >:( >:( >:( >:( It wasnt even an armorsmith mood! He used his novice metalcrafting and mooded a F***KING ETHER TRUMPET! RAGEQUIT

But hey, your fortress will have beautiful music, right?

grank6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: July 22, 2011, 11:45:49 am »

thats something they need to add to dwarf fortress and music playing skill and stage workshop
basicly the dwarf plays music with a instrucment and it raises the spirt of the dwarfs

also on topic
i found some orichalcum at my embark site it was part of the natural wall in volcano i guess dwarf fortress hack lied to me when i checked to see if there was any

TehNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: July 22, 2011, 11:46:00 am »

Blown through the material that signifies those who are damned? (the syndrome intended for ether was something about the damned)

Carn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: July 22, 2011, 11:55:36 am »

If it isn't possible, I'd be more than happy to create a building that converts water into blocks of ice and then turns those ice into weapons. It wouldn't be 'real' ice, mind you, but it would still do the trick.

Honestly, if you call it ice, and it has the material properties of ice, it is ice. Perhaps you can say the dwarves used rune magic or SCIENCE to keep it ever-cold. With that excuse, you wouldn't even have to really keep ice material properties per se. Actually, that would be a pretty cool tech tree option. A god of winter you could sacrifice to, and get ice blocks to build with, or ice bars to make ice weapons?

I like ice.

narhiril

• Bay Watcher
  • [DUTY_BOUND]
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: July 22, 2011, 03:14:54 pm »

Blown through the material that signifies those who are damned? (the syndrome intended for ether was something about the damned)

Leftover code from very early testing (0.04, which wasn't even public).  Ether was supposed to cause syndromes in certain creatures when a weapon made out of it became stuck in them, but due to the way syndromes and contact tokens currently work, this wasn't possible.  It may be revisited in the future as syndromes are expanded.

Ignore it for now, it doesn't actually do anything.

Honestly, if you call it ice, and it has the material properties of ice, it is ice. Perhaps you can say the dwarves used rune magic or SCIENCE to keep it ever-cold. With that excuse, you wouldn't even have to really keep ice material properties per se. Actually, that would be a pretty cool tech tree option. A god of winter you could sacrifice to, and get ice blocks to build with, or ice bars to make ice weapons?

I like ice.

This idea has now been noted. :)

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: July 22, 2011, 03:36:21 pm »

On the same note as ice, I'd like to see bone usable as a building material.  Walls, bridges, etc made of bone would be amazingly awesome.  I imagine this is really easy to do, and I've been planning to look up how on my own at some point... but I thought I might as well mention it.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Carn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: July 22, 2011, 04:19:52 pm »

On the same note as ice, I'd like to see bone usable as a building material.  Walls, bridges, etc made of bone would be amazingly awesome.  I imagine this is really easy to do, and I've been planning to look up how on my own at some point... but I thought I might as well mention it.

Oh, I like this. I do. Possibly more than ice, even. I am picturing this: http://www.ludd.luth.se/~silver_p/NewSedlec/index.htm

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: July 22, 2011, 04:22:55 pm »

Oh, I like this. I do. Possibly more than ice, even. I am picturing this: http://www.ludd.luth.se/~silver_p/NewSedlec/index.htm

You just gave me the awesome idea of constructing soldier's tombs from the bones of their slain enemies.  The more successful they were in battle, the larger the tomb :)
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Merijeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: July 22, 2011, 05:12:47 pm »

This may seem like yet another stupid question, but other than sitting and staring at them, how can I tell what the alchemists have produced?

TehNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: July 22, 2011, 05:16:27 pm »

't' at the lab  ;)

I got the hadrine workshop, saved up pure mithril, steel and tungsten bars, and made some ash. The reaction's still red. (lol, never mind. Forgot I had turned all the steel into the damascus variety.) Also, once I made the hadrine block, extracted the strands and woven it into mesh, how can i make armor out of it?
« Last Edit: July 22, 2011, 05:20:56 pm by TehNoob »

Carn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: July 22, 2011, 05:43:56 pm »

You just gave me the awesome idea of constructing soldier's tombs from the bones of their slain enemies.  The more successful they were in battle, the larger the tomb :)

I like this. Very much.

On an unrelated note, is there any way to tell if an embark has underground water? In 40d you could search for underground rivers / pools,  not so here.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: July 22, 2011, 06:40:40 pm »

Most (not all but usually) embarks will have some water in the caverns somewhere.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

narhiril

• Bay Watcher
  • [DUTY_BOUND]
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: July 22, 2011, 09:16:50 pm »

't' at the lab  ;)

I got the hadrine workshop, saved up pure mithril, steel and tungsten bars, and made some ash. The reaction's still red. (lol, never mind. Forgot I had turned all the steel into the damascus variety.) Also, once I made the hadrine block, extracted the strands and woven it into mesh, how can i make armor out of it?

The reactions you are looking for are "fashion reactive platemail" and "fashion reactive helmet."  They can both be found at the advanced mechanics workshop, and require one hadrine mesh an three advanced mechanisms of any material(s).  I am going to go back and make sure that the manual has a note about this for future versions.

I am also planning to look into more uses for bone in the future, including new types of bone, bone furniture, and bone-derived building   materials.  I'm looking into (read: experimenting with) moving the legendary creatures - such as wyverns, amaroks, aatxes, etcetera - to a stronger, modified bone template.  This should make their bones both significantly more useful and may help a bit with keeping them alive in longer world gens.  If things look promising, I may even go back and adjust their leather material properties.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2011, 09:27:00 pm by narhiril »
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 240