Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What would you most like to see next from LFR?

More tech tree!
- 36 (26.1%)
More ritual tree!
- 8 (5.8%)
More lore!
- 12 (8.7%)
More mythical weapons/armor!
- 22 (15.9%)
Plagues!
- 28 (20.3%)
More secrets!
- 21 (15.2%)
More mechanical constructs!
- 11 (8%)

Total Members Voted: 137

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 240

Author Topic: *=*=* Legends of Forlorn Realms (LFR 2012) v0.21a *=*=* [DF 0.34.11]  (Read 397454 times)

sir labreck

• Bay Watcher
  • You know what? Tic tock motherf**** --> SG philo
    • View Profile
Re: *=*=*=* Legends of Forlorn Realms - an expansion mod *=*=*=* v0.13b
« Reply #420 on: July 20, 2011, 01:55:20 pm »

For myself, I'm still waiting a pick in the fort I start (never dig channel in a 3*3 square with no ledge to dig, opening in an aquifer, in the middle of winter :p, with your only miner) and cutting wood like crazy. So, I'm pretty far to go underground. I think a lot of people most focus on getting the tech tree underway and killing some of the nasty stuff up there. Not going down, down, down and killing everything in sight :D Nevermind.

The meowkin are cool imo. I have read that you have some trouble to getting them being at the right place (too much powerful for what they should be). One idea would be to create special, small weapon, that they can only use. Such small weapon could be made not really effective. I remember a mod that focus mostly on creating a cat race (Catsplosion), the number were ridiculous, on any given period of time, the world contained 10k of this race. They would beat up the crap of elf, but they were no match to iron/steel dwarf. That exactly what the creator did, giving small, innefective weapon (Xbow replace by blowgun as an example :p). If they breed like crazy, survival shouldn't be a problem in worldgen.

Otherwise, you could put in lore that in fact they are pretty powerful as a civilization, but underestimate by the other because of their fashion (effeminate cloth for male, small size, etc.). Knowing that in small band they are weak, that should do the trick, one way or the other.

1 question, is it DF vanilla or something my side not correct, my dog don't stop fighting, so much I had to put them in a pit to avoid they kill my hen. Ha also, meokin are crazy, they pillaged 35 times a gobo town before destroying it, 25 times in the same wars :p
If you have to choose between war and dishonour, don't choose dishonour because you'll have war.

Quote from: Oglokoog
sir labreck, how you manage to mangle English so much yet still manage to keep your posts comprehensible is beyond me. Well done.

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
  • <Servibot> thatkid, swag percentiles: 94
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: July 20, 2011, 02:27:03 pm »

The Dog likely kept fighting because your pasture zones were too small.
Fame is a vapor. The only earthly certainty is oblivion.

sir labreck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: July 20, 2011, 03:37:11 pm »

They need pasture? Didn't know about that, ho well, they are fine in their pit.
If you have to choose between war and dishonour, don't choose dishonour because you'll have war.

sir labreck, how you manage to mangle English so much yet still manage to keep your posts comprehensible is beyond me. Well done.

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: July 20, 2011, 03:42:51 pm »

They need pasture? Didn't know about that, ho well, they are fine in their pit.
Well, I occasionally pasture dogs who can't be trained because they came with an owner. I assumed you did the same thing.
As far as I know, that's the only reason animals will start to fight each other.

sir labreck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: July 20, 2011, 03:45:42 pm »

No, I just let them wander in the meeting zone normaly. True, it was small, so it's probably the same thing.

narhiril

• Bay Watcher
  • [DUTY_BOUND]
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: July 20, 2011, 07:48:48 pm »

If you're talking about the

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Then, yes, I've seen them fighting often, too.

Thank you for confirming that they are, in fact, working.

« Last Edit: July 20, 2011, 08:01:02 pm by narhiril »

Pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: July 20, 2011, 08:45:23 pm »

As if it wasn't dangerous enough down there...

Pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: July 21, 2011, 01:22:51 am »

Uh.. I just, um, got 10 ethereal spheres. Is this intentional? I mean, sure, it took a year of alchemy experiments, 2 alchemists barfing everywhere, and a quantum stockpile three tiles away, but 10 bars of adamantine grade metal? Isn't that a wee bit...

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: July 21, 2011, 03:55:52 am »

Uh.. I just, um, got 10 ethereal spheres. Is this intentional? I mean, sure, it took a year of alchemy experiments, 2 alchemists barfing everywhere, and a quantum stockpile three tiles away, but 10 bars of adamantine grade metal? Isn't that a wee bit...

It's happened to me too.  A couple times.  With just one alchemist, who happened to migrate in as a high master, over a couple years.  After melting down those spheres, it was only enough ether for a long sword and a spear.  No big deal.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Ancient Thingy

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Neighbourhood Axedwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: July 21, 2011, 04:23:03 am »

I have a (minor) problem with the
Anyway, loving your mod! Thanks for making it.

narhiril

• Bay Watcher
  • [DUTY_BOUND]
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: July 21, 2011, 06:15:15 am »

Because of the way DF handles melting, it only yields two bars. 

I have a (minor) problem with the
Anyway, loving your mod! Thanks for making it.

I have not been able to replicate this problem.  Please check your error log and post any contents.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: July 21, 2011, 08:11:13 am »

okay 1st of all great mod first one ive added to my repertoire since i dont like game changing or anything being easier, the whole point of df is that you survive despite huge seiges and creepy stuff trying to maul you, and even as you find better things to help you, the enemies get stronger, and you're never safe. This is a principle that should be added to minecraft, imo, because it doesn't have enough threats. 2ndly, i think ive found 2 easter eggs in my game, so heres the screenshots.

1) Special Operations Pigeon

a spec ops pigeon? these guys are always around my fort, special pigeon easter egg?

2)Wierd Savant Guy
okay so I got this migrant wave on my 2nd year, and i was sorting them for what im going to stick them doing, and i go to the last one, pull up his skills and hes got something wierd about him.

Whats a savant skill? I figure i should go check the info screen since this guy is probably some wierd savant or a hidden caste or something, and i get this.

Whats enchanting? I dont see an enchanting related workshop. Is this a super secret eaqster egg? Maybe a new feature? In any case, anyone know what this guy is used as? I might as well use him for his savant skill, but i have no idea where to put him.

Pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: July 21, 2011, 10:51:57 am »

Oh... Looks like I'll have to rely on them voidshard daggers early on again.

Still, one of my luckiest fortress ever, beating even that other fort where I got a high master grower and high master mason in the first migrant wave- when the first unlucky peasants who got conscripted to bealchemists first arrived, the third alchemist experiment yielded a mithril bar, and the fourth got me something to perform a banshee rite, getting me an ether statue.

Then the next mood got me a alder statue worth as much as the ether one. Then here's what I got for the next few moods: an iron artifact mace (better than iovium? Cuz I mined out all the small pockets of it, and I've got 10 bars of it, plus 3 abyssmal eyes, so I'm currently contemplating what to do), an iron reactive breastplate (how good are these, and what does the 'reactive' mean?). Then my luck ran out and I got an artifact craft, and then the master armor prodigy died of a mood cuz I have no yarn(He was gonna make something awesome with a mithril bar!  >:().

Savants should show what their good at when you view their skills.

Carpman

• Bay Watcher
  • need not work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: July 21, 2011, 11:18:51 am »

Ok, so I decided to throw in my hat and download this mod. I was excited to bring an alchemist with me on my first embark, but I don't see an option to give any of my starting seven the alchemist skill? Does it only come in migrants?

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: July 21, 2011, 11:23:29 am »

okay 1st of all great mod first one ive added to my repertoire since i dont like game changing or anything being easier, the whole point of df is that you survive despite huge seiges and creepy stuff trying to maul you, and even as you find better things to help you, the enemies get stronger, and you're never safe. This is a principle that should be added to minecraft, imo, because it doesn't have enough threats. 2ndly, i think ive found 2 easter eggs in my game, so heres the screenshots.

1) Special Operations Pigeon

a spec ops pigeon? these guys are always around my fort, special pigeon easter egg?

2)Wierd Savant Guy
okay so I got this migrant wave on my 2nd year, and i was sorting them for what im going to stick them doing, and i go to the last one, pull up his skills and hes got something wierd about him.

Whats a savant skill? I figure i should go check the info screen since this guy is probably some wierd savant or a hidden caste or something, and i get this.

Whats enchanting? I dont see an enchanting related workshop. Is this a super secret eaqster egg? Maybe a new feature? In any case, anyone know what this guy is used as? I might as well use him for his savant skill, but i have no idea where to put him.

Savants are good at Alchemy. They are the original savant, the OS if you will. All other savants are just copy cats, they be steppin' and trying to get in on the savant's game, but being able to make really cool crossbows does not at all compare to...whatever it is that alchemists do which makes use of quality modifiers.

Carpman, IIRC there's no way to make the alchemy skill selectable in that regard. Also, as far as I know, you won't get any migrants with the alchemy skill pre-given save for the aforementioned savants.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 240