Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What would you most like to see next from LFR?

More tech tree!
- 36 (26.1%)
More ritual tree!
- 8 (5.8%)
More lore!
- 12 (8.7%)
More mythical weapons/armor!
- 22 (15.9%)
Plagues!
- 28 (20.3%)
More secrets!
- 21 (15.2%)
More mechanical constructs!
- 11 (8%)

Total Members Voted: 137

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 240

Author Topic: *=*=* Legends of Forlorn Realms (LFR 2012) v0.21a *=*=* [DF 0.34.11]  (Read 397283 times)

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
  • <Servibot> thatkid, swag percentiles: 94
    • View Profile
Re: *=*=*=* Legends of Forlorn Realms - an expansion mod *=*=*=* v0.13a
« Reply #240 on: June 20, 2011, 04:07:51 pm »

It would appear that at the moment you can make precision orichalcum tools at a regular alchemist workshop, but not a magma one.
I'm using a few others mods as well, and I didn't build the regular workshop till after getting orichalcum so it could be that you need to build the magma workshop after or there's some conflict with the stuff I'm using though (though the only other mods I'm using that effect reactions and entities are KC and Bonfire)
Fame is a vapor. The only earthly certainty is oblivion.

EvilWink

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: June 20, 2011, 05:00:27 pm »

bog trolls seem to die out in world gen pretty quickly

Alem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: June 20, 2011, 05:15:07 pm »

As far as regen for modifying exotic to regular pets, I have found it is not necessary. You can not only add [pet] to otherwise not tamable animals, but also [trainable], for all your war-duck needs.

narhiril

• Bay Watcher
  • [DUTY_BOUND]
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: June 20, 2011, 07:35:52 pm »

It would appear that at the moment you can make precision orichalcum tools at a regular alchemist workshop, but not a magma one.
I'm using a few others mods as well, and I didn't build the regular workshop till after getting orichalcum so it could be that you need to build the magma workshop after or there's some conflict with the stuff I'm using though (though the only other mods I'm using that effect reactions and entities are KC and Bonfire)

I am investigating both of these reports at the moment.  I'll get back to you when I have news.  Thanks for the feedback, it helps make the mod better :)

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: June 20, 2011, 08:15:18 pm »

How does one make use of a slab documenting an expanded theory on celestial mechanics?

Is there a use for it at the moment?

Edit: Also, you will get a notice when bog troll thieves become enraged or cease to be enraged, but the bogtroll might not be revealed. I guess we can rationalize this as the dwarves hear the bog trolls angry shouts, but don't realize there's a thief abouts.
Also, having Nephalim show up every season is a tad annoying. Is it possible to change their active seasons without regenning, does anyone know?
« Last Edit: June 20, 2011, 08:33:30 pm by thatkid »

Pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: June 20, 2011, 08:29:07 pm »

... several new creatures...

Looking forward to this.

I can second this. My last world had no bog troll after 500 years of generation. I figured I was just unlucky at that time, but if it isn't just me, then bog trolls need some more world gen survival-ibility.

narhiril

• Bay Watcher
  • [DUTY_BOUND]
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: June 20, 2011, 08:41:00 pm »

How does one make use of a slab documenting an expanded theory on celestial mechanics?

Is there a use for it at the moment?

Edit: Also, you will get a notice when bog troll thieves become enraged or cease to be enraged, but the bogtroll might not be revealed. I guess we can rationalize this as the dwarves hear the bog trolls angry shouts, but don't realize there's a thief abouts.

Also, having Nephalim show up every season is a tad annoying. Is it possible to change their active seasons without regenning, does anyone know?

There is currently no use for those slabs, but one is planned for the near future.

Also, you can safely modify active seasons without a need for a new world.  Go into entity_nephilim and add/remove [ACTIVE_SEASON:XXXX] tokens as you see fit.  Just make sure you make the necessary changes in the region save file raws.

Pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: June 20, 2011, 08:51:46 pm »

Also, having Nephalim show up every season is a tad annoying.
I'm setting up a drowning Trade Depot as we speak, just for these bloody freeloading do gooders. I've never even done this to the elves, who at least got me a breeding pair of goblin executioners giant lions.

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: June 20, 2011, 08:57:21 pm »

Ok cool, thanks :D

And I'm looking forward to seeing what that slab is used for. It sounds cool/ritual-tech-tree-related.

Speaking of, from a lore standpoint will the ritual tech-tree deal with the Nephilim, or at least their religion/background and the like?

Also, having Nephalim show up every season is a tad annoying.
I'm setting up a drowning Trade Depot as we speak, just for these bloody freeloading do gooders. I've never even done this to the elves, who at least got me a breeding pair of goblin executioners giant lions.
I've tried starting a war with them, because at least then I can get some metal from the sieges but even after slaughtering their caravans and leaving some survivors for three years straight they keep coming to hang out in my trade depot. It wouldn't be so bad if they couldn't fly, but as it is I can't even lock them out. Drowning them is a good idea though.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2011, 09:04:47 pm by thatkid »

Pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: June 20, 2011, 09:14:13 pm »

By the way, nightwing attacks on my (just embarked, sinister fortress) surface herd of goats  are now repelled by the pastured nearby tortoises zerg rushing the nightwing and breaking every bone in their body, pinning it down for the dwarf with the axe to come along and finish it. I'm pretty sure tortoises don't have [LIKES_FIGHTING] or whatever.

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: June 20, 2011, 09:35:31 pm »

By the way, nightwing attacks on my (just embarked, sinister fortress) surface herd of goats  are now repelled by the pastured nearby tortoises zerg rushing the nightwing and breaking every bone in their body, pinning it down for the dwarf with the axe to come along and finish it. I'm pretty sure tortoises don't have [LIKES_FIGHTING] or whatever.
Clearly you brought along the teenage mutant ninja turtles.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

narhiril

• Bay Watcher
  • [DUTY_BOUND]
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: June 21, 2011, 01:27:12 am »

Clearly you brought along the teenage mutant ninja turtles.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

That.  Is.  Awesome.

Tortoises in LFR are quite large, about twice the size of a full-grown human once they reach maturity.  They are also, however, docile and slow.  If they land a lucky incapacitating early strike, they can defend themselves, but they won't get many attacks in on their own.  But, as you have witnessed, numbers are a powerful thing in DF.

Spoiler: For thatkid... (click to show/hide)

An update on the reported issues.  Bog trolls are being created in world gen, and are sometimes surviving.  If you embark within the first 200 years or so, they're almost always there, but in longer histories without extremely abundant civilizations, they are dying out a little bit more often than other races.  This is something I will look into a fix for.

Magma alchemy labs and casters are not showing anything in the errorlogs, but are not always recognizing the reagents for their reactions as present.  Results have been mixed.  While this is relatively meaningless for precision tools, which don't require fuel anyway, it is something that I need to take a deeper look at to determine what exactly is causing the problem and if the problem is on my end or a hangup with DF itself.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2011, 01:33:35 am by narhiril »

Pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: June 21, 2011, 05:44:39 am »

Still, I find this quite unrealistic. What can I change in the raws to make them docile like the goats I have? Do I remove something like [LIKES_FIGHTING] or something?

And uh, you are going to be incorporating those tameable, explode on death cave creatures that was discussed last week, right?

narhiril

• Bay Watcher
  • [DUTY_BOUND]
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: June 21, 2011, 11:07:57 am »

Still, I find this quite unrealistic. What can I change in the raws to make them docile like the goats I have? Do I remove something like [LIKES_FIGHTING] or something?

And uh, you are going to be incorporating those tameable, explode on death cave creatures that was discussed last week, right?

Spoiler: Image (click to show/hide)

I didn't find the size that unrealistic, when you consider that the distinction between weight and size in DF is dubious, at best.  They don't have [LIKES_FIGHTING] or [PRONE_TO_RAGE:X], but they don't have [BENIGN] either.  [BENIGN] makes them flee from attackers when possible - which I thought was silly for something with an enormous shell on its back - but if they are savagely attacking in packs (lol), adding that would make them try to run away instead.

Also, that's a yes to walking bombs.

Pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: June 21, 2011, 11:11:19 am »

By the way, just got a 'Master Armor prodigy'. I take it this is those savants that I keep hearing about?

And by unrealistic, I was talking about the turtles swarming like piranhas. Not the size.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2011, 11:16:32 am by Pan »
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 240