Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What would you most like to see next from LFR?

More tech tree!
- 36 (26.1%)
More ritual tree!
- 8 (5.8%)
More lore!
- 12 (8.7%)
More mythical weapons/armor!
- 22 (15.9%)
Plagues!
- 28 (20.3%)
More secrets!
- 21 (15.2%)
More mechanical constructs!
- 11 (8%)

Total Members Voted: 137

Pages: 1 ... 232 233 [234] 235 236 ... 240

Author Topic: *=*=* Legends of Forlorn Realms (LFR 2012) v0.21a *=*=* [DF 0.34.11]  (Read 396962 times)

narhiril

• Bay Watcher
  • [DUTY_BOUND]
    • View Profile
Re: *=*=* Legends of Forlorn Realms (LFR 2012) v0.21a *=*=* [DF 0.34.11]
« Reply #3495 on: February 11, 2014, 02:05:41 am »

Regarding the new Vanguard tile : Ancient Vanguard Armory

This tile does not process in the Archeology Lab after it has been mined as the other Vanguard materials do.  The command to process a Vanguard Weapons Cache is available, and requires a Weapons Cache as the ingredient.  Is there an intermediate step I am missing to process the Armory into a weapons Cache?

Thanks much!

Huh.  There should be, but it's missing - that file must have gotten reverted on accident somewhere.  I'll be sure to fix that.

How do I gen a world without it crashing.
.34.11 version

I'm not sure what causes this, but try generating a world with a very short history.

Paranatural

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3496 on: February 11, 2014, 08:18:11 pm »

Hey, quick question. I have a couple of peasants with 'Legendary Savant' as a skill. I have some other Savants, and Armor and a Weapon one. But These seem...generic?
The corpses appear to be primarily concentrated under the dead cat.  - Untelligent
Mental Health 6/6. You easily comfort yourself knowing that Paranatural's Hot Stubble And Deliciously Unwashed Armpits will be  waiting for you whatever happens.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3497 on: February 11, 2014, 08:38:48 pm »

Hey, quick question. I have a couple of peasants with 'Legendary Savant' as a skill. I have some other Savants, and Armor and a Weapon one. But These seem...generic?
Legendary=Alchemist

What, did you expect a dwarf good at only one skill to not be generic?

Paranatural

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3498 on: February 25, 2014, 09:26:05 am »

I remember reading where you said you were not sure if the Grum were working right...I got a grum ambush last night. Or was it specifically sieges you were talking about?
The corpses appear to be primarily concentrated under the dead cat.  - Untelligent
Mental Health 6/6. You easily comfort yourself knowing that Paranatural's Hot Stubble And Deliciously Unwashed Armpits will be  waiting for you whatever happens.

narhiril

• Bay Watcher
  • [DUTY_BOUND]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3499 on: February 25, 2014, 09:28:22 am »

I finally have my answer.  Thank you!

Paranatural

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3500 on: February 25, 2014, 11:40:31 am »

NP. They came right after a shelled FB with a poisonous cloud wiped out my Military. They came in, fucked up the place, and left out the 'top' of my fort while I had snatchers and thieves all over the place. This is a pretty dangerous mod.

mober6

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3501 on: March 01, 2014, 01:47:54 am »

I also have a tiny question about the dfhack console, since I can't get the labor manipulation part of DF hack, and its a huge pain to have to use a 3rd party program like therapist instead of directly managing labors,
The menu, with normal DFhack allows you to hit [l] and get a list of all dwarfs happy/labor, and generally allows the game to be played much faster

Pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3502 on: March 02, 2014, 05:51:08 am »

So… how're things going, Narhiril?  :)

Edit: By which I mean LFR things... but feel free to throw in something about your day :D

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3503 on: March 02, 2014, 08:37:30 am »

Hey, Narhiril?

Do you happen to be responsible for this?

narhiril

• Bay Watcher
  • [DUTY_BOUND]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3504 on: March 03, 2014, 07:08:33 am »

So… how're things going, Narhiril?  :)

Edit: By which I mean LFR things... but feel free to throw in something about your day :D

Unfortunately, it's midterm season, so I've not got a whole lot to share at the moment.  I'm going to push to finish the tech tree with the next update and finally get golems working.  I've also been testing a couple of plagues.  >:]

Hey, Narhiril?

Do you happen to be responsible for this?

Shockingly, no, I'm not. 

Ashenblaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3505 on: March 07, 2014, 11:04:25 pm »

Are the Grum supposed to be unarmored and wielding advanced weaponry?
While I'm here I'll just narrate how I indirectly met the Grum:

Having breached the ceiling of the 2nd cavern, I noticed some devourer silk. With a measly militia injured by a recent goblin ambush, I wanted to strengthen my army for a while before I explore what lies in the 2nd cavern.

Having forgotten all about the 2nd cavern, 2-3 months passed and an ambush was detected in the unexplored regions of the 2nd cavern VERY near the area I can see from the hole I made in the ceiling.
I waited for somewhat a minute, then a squad of Grum showed weilding Grum pulverizers and heraldic shields that are made of materials ranging from copper to damascus steel to voidshard, and some wielding Kexel's pulverizers and heraldic shields.

Also, these Grums are coated with forgotten beast blood+ichor and with the forgotten beast showing up in my "dead creatures list" seems like the Forgotten Beast revealed the grums before revealing itself to me and died moments later. (So that's why the Grums took a while to show up on the visible areas of the cave)

Now they lie in wait for me to come down, which seems to be a long time before I do since I want to make sure I can defend the caves, haven't had any experience dealing with underground seiges (and devourers).
« Last Edit: March 09, 2014, 08:32:12 am by Ashenblaze »

narhiril

• Bay Watcher
  • [DUTY_BOUND]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3506 on: March 08, 2014, 08:52:31 am »

Having forgotten all about the 2nd cavern, 2-3 months passed and an ambush was detected in the unexplored regions of the 2nd cavern VERY near the area I can see from the hole I made in the ceiling.
I waited for somewhat a minute, then a squad of Grum showed weilding Grum pulverizers and heraldic shields that are made of materials ranging from copper to damascus steel to voidshard, and some wielding Kexel's pulverizers and heraldic shields.

That should definitely not be happening.  Thanks for the report.  I think I know why that's happening, and I'll get a bugfix release up here as soon as possible.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2014, 09:07:53 am by narhiril »

Ashenblaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3507 on: March 08, 2014, 10:12:23 pm »

No problem!
Also, while I'm here, I'll drop some "not that useful" information because I don't have anything better to do at the moment:

Down in the caverns with the Grum Hammerers:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Meanwhile, up on the surface:

ArchAIngel

• Bay Watcher
  • Infested Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3508 on: March 09, 2014, 01:06:03 pm »

No problem!
Also, while I'm here, I'll drop some "not that useful" information because I don't have anything better to do at the moment:

Down in the caverns with the Grum Hammerers:

Meanwhile, up on the surface:
Just wait until a voidwalker ambush comes. Then the artifact projector is turned into a death machine of horrible-wonderful murdering for all!

Hotawotwot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3509 on: March 09, 2014, 08:53:33 pm »

If its not too much to ask could a basic description (or picture if a real weapon was in mind) of the more vaguely named weapons be posted? Some of the voidwalker weapons in particular leave me wonder what they're supposed to be.
Pages: 1 ... 232 233 [234] 235 236 ... 240