Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What would you most like to see next from LFR?

More tech tree!
- 36 (26.1%)
More ritual tree!
- 8 (5.8%)
More lore!
- 12 (8.7%)
More mythical weapons/armor!
- 22 (15.9%)
Plagues!
- 28 (20.3%)
More secrets!
- 21 (15.2%)
More mechanical constructs!
- 11 (8%)

Total Members Voted: 137

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 240

Author Topic: *=*=* Legends of Forlorn Realms (LFR 2012) v0.21a *=*=* [DF 0.34.11]  (Read 397414 times)

Pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: *=*=*=* Legends of Forlorn Realms - an expansion mod *=*=*=* v0.13b
« Reply #345 on: July 09, 2011, 12:56:24 pm »

It's an easter egg. Better kill it.

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
  • <Servibot> thatkid, swag percentiles: 94
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: July 09, 2011, 02:08:34 pm »

The badly equipped soldiers thing probably doesn't have to do with this mod.
But yeah, those pigeons get annoying. Either kill them, or just way for them to bugger off.

Or capture them. I think they might be war trainable, but I don't remember.
Fame is a vapor. The only earthly certainty is oblivion.

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: July 09, 2011, 02:54:49 pm »

Might be a good idea to make them a little bit rarer, then.
Aren't they naturally legendary fighters or something?

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: July 09, 2011, 03:40:35 pm »

Hey narhiril, I have a suggestion: a race that doesn't ambush or sneak around, but still acts as an enemy? As I understand it, this can be achieved with the use of [UTTERANCES] (and not giving them a language in the entity file)

narhiril

• Bay Watcher
  • [DUTY_BOUND]
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: July 09, 2011, 07:15:32 pm »

Yes, but they're also about the size of your hand.  If they manage to actually hurt anything that severely, I'd be surprised.  During testing, even in large numbers, they couldn't inflict much more than surface wounds.

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: July 09, 2011, 07:21:12 pm »

Yes, but they're also about the size of your hand.  If they manage to actually hurt anything that severely, I'd be surprised.  During testing, even in large numbers, they couldn't inflict much more than surface wounds.
Ah, yeah. I didn't really take that into consideration.

Pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: July 10, 2011, 09:04:46 am »

Hey, Narhiril, perhaps you could make alchemical researches give a slab of accredition? So it can also contribute to the tech tree advancement?

Also, I sort of miss the early bog troll sieges from 0.12 something, where they come at year 2. It adds more challenge to the game. How can I tweak them to attack earlier?
« Last Edit: July 10, 2011, 09:59:06 am by Pan »

narhiril

• Bay Watcher
  • [DUTY_BOUND]
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: July 10, 2011, 02:30:16 pm »

Hey, Narhiril, perhaps you could make alchemical researches give a slab of accredition? So it can also contribute to the tech tree advancement?

I have not done this because it would effectively allow you to skip the first tier of the tech tree without unlocking advanced mechanisms and precision tools.  From a lore standpoint, it doesn't make sense for the dwarves to be able to create things like the experimental materials workshop without first developing the technologies that it uses, even though these technologies are, for simplicity's sake, not always individually required for each workshop's construction.

You are free to make this modification on your own by tacking the product lines from training workshops onto the alchemical reactions.  This should not require a new world to take effect.  However, after giving it much thought, I have no plans to officially include this as a feature of the mod - though I appreciate any and all suggestions.

Also, I sort of miss the early bog troll sieges from 0.12 something, where they come at year 2. It adds more challenge to the game. How can I tweak them to attack earlier?

Within the entity_bog.txt file, locate the lines...

[PROGRESS_TRIGGER_POPULATION:3]
   [PROGRESS_TRIGGER_PRODUCTION:4]
   [PROGRESS_TRIGGER_TRADE:4]
   [PROGRESS_TRIGGER_POP_SIEGE:3]
   [PROGRESS_TRIGGER_PROD_SIEGE:4]
   [PROGRESS_TRIGGER_TRADE_SIEGE:4]

These numbers correspond to in-game values, which you can look up on the wiki under "entity tokens."  Lowering the numbers (particularly population) will make them appear earlier.  You do not need to gen a new world for these changes to take effect, provided you remember to also modify the save raws.

Pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: July 10, 2011, 07:16:00 pm »

I have not done this because it would effectively allow you to skip the first tier of the tech tree without unlocking advanced mechanisms and precision tools.  From a lore standpoint, it doesn't make sense for the dwarves to be able to create things like the experimental materials workshop without first developing the technologies that it uses, even though these technologies are, for simplicity's sake, not always individually required for each workshop's construction.

Ah, good point. Good point. Agreed.

Mandango

• Bay Watcher
  • mayor cancels Destroy Building: Resting injury.
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: July 10, 2011, 07:17:22 pm »

So I'm not sure if this is a bug or me being incompitent, but I've got liaisons loitering around in my meeting hall and never having any conversations with my baron, mayor or manager.  If it is a bug I'm not sure if it's DF or this mod.  I wanted to raise awareness to this, but I also wanted to tell you how entertained I was when the Meowkin liaison farted out two kittens in my dining hall.
Don't forget to check that a live puppy not falling to his doom will also set off such a plate of course.
I'm not sure if I follow the logic here.  So... how do we kill the puppies?

Pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: July 10, 2011, 07:33:38 pm »

Maybe your baron is busy? Conduct Meeting is not a high priority job. If they can path to your baron, and he is not doing anything, then it may be a bug, although probably not from the mod. I don't have this problem.

Drop the roof on the meowkin and her kids if they are an eye sore, or install upright spikes around the area to stab her and her kids to death.

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: July 10, 2011, 07:34:54 pm »

Maybe your baron is busy? Conduct Meeting is not a high priority job. If they can path to your baron, and he is not doing anything, then it may be a bug, although probably not from the mod. I don't have this problem.

Drop the roof on the meowkin and her kids if they are an eye sore, or install upright spikes around the area to stab her and her kids to death.
Or rather than risk dwarf lives, just order your military to kill 'em

Mandango

• Bay Watcher
  • mayor cancels Destroy Building: Resting injury.
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: July 10, 2011, 07:44:57 pm »

Haha, both of you immediately think of killing them, such a dwarf response.  I was more hoping that the children would become citizens of my fortress.  Plus they're not eating my food so it's all good.  And yes, I've got my mayor doing absolutely nothing and still no luck.  I have considered whether making the meeting hall in the mayor office to see if that works.
Don't forget to check that a live puppy not falling to his doom will also set off such a plate of course.
I'm not sure if I follow the logic here.  So... how do we kill the puppies?

narhiril

• Bay Watcher
  • [DUTY_BOUND]
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: July 11, 2011, 12:40:27 am »

Haha, both of you immediately think of killing them, such a dwarf response.  I was more hoping that the children would become citizens of my fortress.  Plus they're not eating my food so it's all good.  And yes, I've got my mayor doing absolutely nothing and still no luck.  I have considered whether making the meeting hall in the mayor office to see if that works.

Diplomats won't meet with a mayor once you have a baron, and will meet with the baron one at a time.  If there are multiple diplomats around, one will chase the baron while the others stand around aimlessly.  If your baron is busy, this can persist for a very long time.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 240