Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What would you most like to see next from LFR?

More tech tree!
- 36 (26.1%)
More ritual tree!
- 8 (5.8%)
More lore!
- 12 (8.7%)
More mythical weapons/armor!
- 22 (15.9%)
Plagues!
- 28 (20.3%)
More secrets!
- 21 (15.2%)
More mechanical constructs!
- 11 (8%)

Total Members Voted: 137

Pages: 1 ... 227 228 [229] 230 231 ... 240

Author Topic: *=*=* Legends of Forlorn Realms (LFR 2012) v0.21a *=*=* [DF 0.34.11]  (Read 397035 times)

narhiril

• Bay Watcher
  • [DUTY_BOUND]
    • View Profile
Re: *=*=* Legends of Forlorn Realms (LFR 2012) v0.20b *=*=* [DF 0.34.11]
« Reply #3420 on: October 31, 2013, 04:03:33 pm »

You were able to run commands from reactions back in r3 with autoSyndrome...

however, you can run commands from syndromes in r4, and they can affect the creature who got the syndrome, so... hehe, it's gon be good the kind of stuff you can come up with there.

For my drow mod, I made a "finger of death" interaction that runs a command that causes the affected unit to die instantly of old age. If they can't die of old age, they bleed to death. If they can't do that, they just disappear. It kills anything.

I'm going to have to take a look at that sometime.  *devilish grin*

So, is there a way to spawn creatures this way?  And if so, is there a way to set them as friend or foe (besides using OPPOSED_TO_LIFE)?
« Last Edit: October 31, 2013, 04:05:22 pm by narhiril »

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3421 on: October 31, 2013, 04:34:44 pm »

You can spawn units with spawnunit by Warmist (linked my version because it doesn't cause death-by-old-age on worlds older than 100 years) and, if the unit has a historical figure, you can add them as an enemy of the state while simultaneously removing them as a member (to prevent loyalty cascades).

narhiril

• Bay Watcher
  • [DUTY_BOUND]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3422 on: November 06, 2013, 11:40:39 am »

You can spawn units with spawnunit by Warmist (linked my version because it doesn't cause death-by-old-age on worlds older than 100 years) and, if the unit has a historical figure, you can add them as an enemy of the state while simultaneously removing them as a member (to prevent loyalty cascades).

I'll be playing around with this.  I may be able to use it to clean up the dwarven spider reactions so that they don't require that weird transformation workaround.  At the very least, this will allow me to do summoning.  xD

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #3423 on: November 06, 2013, 01:36:23 pm »

Hey narhiril, do you have any plans to make use of the plugin that allows creatures to dig or tear down constructions?
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

narhiril

• Bay Watcher
  • [DUTY_BOUND]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3424 on: November 06, 2013, 03:00:03 pm »

Hey narhiril, do you have any plans to make use of the plugin that allows creatures to dig or tear down constructions?

I was planning to make it optional.  Obviously, that plugin changes the game quite a bit and makes defense much, much harder.  Some people are into that, and power to them, but some are struggling as-is and some are perfectly happy with the way things are now.  I'm going to be testing it out on my next build.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #3425 on: November 10, 2013, 10:19:56 pm »

Is it likely there will be one last LFR release before the next big DF release?
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

narhiril

• Bay Watcher
  • [DUTY_BOUND]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3426 on: November 10, 2013, 11:42:59 pm »

Is it likely there will be one last LFR release before the next big DF release?

Definitely at least one.  All this current update is waiting on is testing a few DFHack dependent reactions and finishing a few graphics.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2013, 11:51:52 pm by narhiril »

narhiril

• Bay Watcher
  • [DUTY_BOUND]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3427 on: November 11, 2013, 12:12:32 pm »

Well, I've got itemsyndrome, autoSyndrome, and trueTransformation working properly in r4.  There are some things I'd like to play around with using syndromeTrigger, and I haven't got spawnunit working yet, but since neither of those are necessary for this release, I'm going to push those back and try to get some sort of release up by Friday.

Still no conclusive proof that grum attacks actually work, but that's been a nightmare to try and test.  At the very least, mythical weapons work.  Most of the mythical weapons in this release have fairly simple effects, but some are very cool and there are more complex ones coming down the pipe.

Right now we've got the following effects, in addition to the racial weapon bonuses:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 11, 2013, 12:14:28 pm by narhiril »

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3428 on: November 11, 2013, 01:17:57 pm »

Well, I've got itemsyndrome, autoSyndrome, and trueTransformation working properly in r4.  There are some things I'd like to play around with using syndromeTrigger, and I haven't got spawnunit working yet, but since neither of those are necessary for this release, I'm going to push those back and try to get some sort of release up by Friday.

Still no conclusive proof that grum attacks actually work, but that's been a nightmare to try and test.  At the very least, mythical weapons work.  Most of the mythical weapons in this release have fairly simple effects, but some are very cool and there are more complex ones coming down the pipe.

Right now we've got the following effects, in addition to the racial weapon bonuses:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Have you considered temporarily modifying the Grum files to attack almost instantly?

narhiril

• Bay Watcher
  • [DUTY_BOUND]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3429 on: November 11, 2013, 01:27:54 pm »

Have you considered temporarily modifying the Grum files to attack almost instantly?

I've got that set up for one more big test fort.  Last night's testing session I was tearing my hair out over getting all of the plugins to work with DFHack r4 - autoSyndrome had its raw component changed and itemSyndrome had a bug that Putnam found and fixed.  It's all working now, though.  I think.  We'll find out, I guess.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3430 on: November 11, 2013, 02:11:03 pm »

trueTransform is part of syndromeTrigger now, I'm pretty sure, btw.

It won't affect its operation on your end, but it's something to keep in mind.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #3431 on: November 11, 2013, 06:14:53 pm »

Sounds like a lot of awesome stuff.  Looking forward to it.  But don't stress yourself out too much rushing to get it done :)
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

greycat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3432 on: November 11, 2013, 08:55:11 pm »

I'm going to push those back and try to get some sort of release up by Friday.

Oh, nice!  I mean, don't wreck yourself trying to stick to a fixed schedule if things aren't quite ready by then, but this is great news.
Hell, if nobody's suffocated because of it, it hardly counts as a bug! -- StLeibowitz

narhiril

• Bay Watcher
  • [DUTY_BOUND]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3433 on: November 18, 2013, 04:07:02 pm »

Unfortunately, there have been some technical problems.  Namely, that I can't get the grum to ever show up.  I've been assured several times that cavern ambushers work, but right now I'm at a bit of a loss.  Going to ask around some more, I guess.

...Though I did have time for some new easter eggs, so it wasn't a total washout of a weekend.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #3434 on: November 18, 2013, 05:45:04 pm »

That's ok.  I found a really awesome embark, with a demon fortress and a surface-level volcano surrounded by tall, sheer cliff faces on three sides.
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

Pages: 1 ... 227 228 [229] 230 231 ... 240