Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Ana: A Text Adventure.  (Read 2003 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Ana: A Text Adventure.
« on: May 08, 2011, 12:36:04 am »

This is a short (shortish?) text adventure I figured I could run, as I have gotten a bit bored. I hope you enjoy it, and please don't be silly. I mean, if you want to be silly, then you can be a Potato Chip or something in another game, but I will simply ignore you. This doesn't mean you must be 100% serious, but I'll be glad if you keep serious. I promise to be as respectful of you, dear reader, as you are of me. Thank you! And I promise to try to make this as enjoyable as possible. That is my goal.

It was late at night, and you were watching Ana fiddle with her earrings in the mirror. She always took forever to remove them, and it took just as much time to put them back on. She pushed her dark hair out of her eyes and kept at it.

You remember asking her where she was going, and she told you, "Out." There wasn't much use in trying to divulge anything more. You sat up in the bed, looking over at the alarm clock on the bedside table. 9:57.

She finally got her earrings settled and headed for the door. She stopped mere inches from the handle before reaching into her jacket and pulling out a compact. She touched up her make-up, and then finally left. You heard the front door close and her car start up and drive off.

You turned on the TV and slowly fell asleep to the ten o'clock news. You dreamed about a girl with white hair ice skating. You barely remember trying to look her in the eyes, but she kept turning away from you...

~~~

You wake up and find yourself in an unfamiliar room. The bed you remember, with the only thing missing being Ana. You're tired, but steadily getting worried. You try looking for the alarm clock, but it isn't there. You look around, and as luck may have it, you find that the south (or the direction you have just named "south") wall is covered in clocks. All of the clocks say 2:13, and you can only assume that's AM because Ana's been gone for far too long if it's not.

You look around, still groggy, and see that the lamp is still on from when you fell asleep. Or a lamp is still on. It's not yours. Yours had a spiral design that you and Ana picked out a garage sale a couple years ago. This one is plain. Also lying on the bedside stand is a small case thing.

On the south wall with the clocks, there is a dresser laying up against the wall. Not your dresser, of course, but you've stopped expecting things to be your own. There are several articles of clothing lying on the dresser and nearby.

The east wall has a big white door. The door appears to be locked with several styles of locks. There are curtains covering what you can only assume are windows, because there isn't enough light to see.

The west wall has a regular door. The same type of door your bedroom had leading out of it. No, it IS the same door. You remember the dents you made in it when you were upset once. On the wall are several pictures.

You're still lying down, but you can't help but be worried about this odd surrounding. It's not your room. And where is Ana?

>_
« Last Edit: May 09, 2011, 08:32:29 pm by webadict »

Jiharo

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Lurker
    • View Profile
Re: Ana.
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2011, 02:02:36 am »

>Stand up and pull back the curtain.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2011, 02:04:56 am by Jiharo »
All your goblin bone bolts, suddenly rising up in vengeance...
I wonder ... is it smart amunition or dumb amunition?

quip

• Bay Watcher
  • ???
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2011, 02:21:11 am »

Posting to watch
Hell hath no fury like an angry vampire pimp.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2011, 06:05:51 am »

>Sit up and get our bearings. Examine the case.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2011, 01:10:01 pm »

You sit up and take a quick look at the case. You feel rather stupid. It's a compact mirror, possibly the one Ana had last night. You can't be sure. You flip it open and almost immediately drop it.

The compact mirror reflects back Ana.

Your stomach feels like a black hole. You can't look at it while it's open. You just can't. You close it and shove it into your pocket. Huh. You remember changing out of these clothes before you got into bed.

You get up out of the bed and nearly faint. You feel really weak. You sit back down for a bit. Your stomach aches with hunger.

Suddenly you hear a voice. Ana's voice. She's calling you. It's coming from the big white door. You stand up again, this time with only a slight whooshing feeling in your head. You slowly walk to the windows. She keeps calling your name in that soft... haunting... voice.

You reach out toward the curtains and yank them open.

Nothing. Nothing but sand and sky.

"Open the door...," she says. You feel some deep part of you tell you she isn't outside, but it's so far away you can't tell if you even believe it.

>_

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2011, 09:04:47 pm »

Since their is nothing else we can do for the moment...

Open the Door.
Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2011, 10:07:33 pm »

Since their is nothing else we can do for the moment...

Open the Door.
Which door? There's two! Also, this is sort of a bump.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2011, 09:45:15 am »

>Go with whatever door seems to be the right one to open, or go with the normal looking one if neither feels right.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2011, 12:42:07 pm »

You look at the big white door with all the locks on it and then look at the wooden door. You try to decide which door to open. The white door keeps whispering with Ana's voice, inviting you to open it. But there's something wrong with opening the door. Something unacceptable behind that door.

On the other hand, if you go through that other door, will you ever hear that voice again? Something far away is pushing you toward the wooden door, but something deep inside you is pushing you towards the white door.

Your sinister side seems to have gotten a hold of you, and you can't help but wonder why her voice is coming from the door to begin with. You can really only hope she's there.

You decide that you can't decide... So you open the wooden door.

Her voice fades. You here her last whisper calling your name. You feel a lot like crying, but you leave the unfamiliar room behind. It never was yours to begin with, and you don't want to go back.

You enter the long hallway and find a whole line of broken mirrors on both walls. Mirror shards litter the hallway, along with bits of debris. There's a light bulb hanging down and making a horrid display with the broken reflections. Halfway down on the south wall is an unbroken mirror.

At the end of the hallway is another wooden door.

You walk carefully out of the doorway and the door slams closed behind you.

>_

Spectr

• Bay Watcher
  • Watching Bays
    • View Profile
Re: Ana: A Text Adventure.
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2011, 05:41:00 am »

>Pick up a mirror shard for use as a crude weapon.
Word

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2011, 08:36:05 am »

carefully dodge mirror shards and open the brown door.
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2011, 09:06:25 am »

>Attempt to open the door behind you. Best see what the hell is going on.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2011, 12:37:37 pm »

You open the door behind you. It opens just fine, looking back into that same unfamiliar room. You don't wish to go in there.

When you let go of the handle the door slams close again. It creeps you out a little.

You pick up a shard of mirror. It's cool to the touch. Ice cold, really. You look into the reflection and see yourself. Your eyes are so... angry. You also catch a glimpse of your hand. It's covered in cuts. Both hands are. You put the mirror shard in your pocket.

You tiptoe your way through the glass, slowly making your way down the hallway. All of the mirrors shows bits and pieces of you.

Finally you walk past the unbroken mirror. You take a look in it. Inside the mirror...

Inside the mirror...

Out.

Out.

Out. Out. Out. OUT. OUT. OUT. OUT!

It's written all over the mirror. The word out. And that's it. You can't even see yourself.

You smash the mirror to bits. It doesn't make you feel any better. It's the same hole in your stomach. That same feeling.

You wipe your eyes and make your way to the other door. You open it and step through.

You enter a light green room. Someone stands by a door on the other side of the room. He's wrapped head to toe in a giant coat, but he sees you somehow and shouts, "Hi!" Otherwise the room is pretty bare.

The door closes quietly behind you.

>_

Jiharo

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2011, 12:48:56 pm »

>Stay silent, watch person.
All your goblin bone bolts, suddenly rising up in vengeance...
I wonder ... is it smart amunition or dumb amunition?

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2011, 12:59:15 pm »

"Hello?"
Pages: [1] 2