Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 68

Author Topic: Kenshi - An open ended, squad-based Strategy RPG  (Read 178823 times)

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
Re: Kenshi - An open ended, squad-based Strategy RPG
« Reply #795 on: March 25, 2019, 03:06:36 pm »

I want the forcefields around buildings to be smaller. Construction without the build cheat is a pain
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Brotato

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Destroyer of Threads!
    • View Profile
« Reply #796 on: March 26, 2019, 02:10:48 pm »

If we're gonna talk about what we want in #2 than I want better pathfinding. It annoys me how you need to set people to follow or else they'll eventually get completely split up on big journeys or how the animals have significantly worse pathfinding than the sapient species.
Dwarf Fortress: The only game where people will hold a logical discussion about why dwarves are putting on clothes.
OK, I have to reload the save.
There was a bit of a problem regarding flashfreezing, a ballistae, and a barrel of dwarven ale. Gonna fix it up.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #797 on: April 01, 2019, 02:52:27 pm »

If we're gonna talk about what we want in #2 than I want better pathfinding. It annoys me how you need to set people to follow or else they'll eventually get completely split up on big journeys or how the animals have significantly worse pathfinding than the sapient species.

Agreed.  It seems the only way I can reliably get someone to travel great distances is by setting waypoints.  And then the game crashes halfway through their journey.

I'm interested to hear that Kenshi 2 will rewind to the Old Empire.  That would imply more Green terrain, technology, etc.  And with the change in setting, it means both games could be worth playing, even if Kenshi 2 is the more optimized game.  At the very least, it might be harder to find a spot in Kenshi 2 to set up a base without a major power getting involved.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #798 on: April 01, 2019, 02:56:58 pm »

Yeah. I hope the game will be set during the fall of Cat-Lon's Empire, so we can see all the factions from the first game starting to pop up. I'm just excited to see all the skeletons as their younger selves - Cat-Lon, Tinfist, Sadniel, Burn, etc. That and seeing what areas like the Floodlands and the Ashlands looked like before the fall of Cat-Lon's empire.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #799 on: April 02, 2019, 02:31:33 am »

Yeah. I hope the game will be set during the fall of Cat-Lon's Empire, so we can see all the factions from the first game starting to pop up. I'm just excited to see all the skeletons as their younger selves - Cat-Lon, Tinfist, Sadniel, Burn, etc. That and seeing what areas like the Floodlands and the Ashlands looked like before the fall of Cat-Lon's empire.

My understanding is that kenshi 2 it's supposed to be set during the Old Empire, prior to Cat-Lon's Second Empire.  So instead we get to see a young idealistic Cat-Lon, probably working with Tinfist to protect the Empire.

As I think about it, I'm wondering if there will be a Kenshi 3, set in the Future where the major factions have combined into a New Empire against foes on another Continent.
It makes sense, as each of the three major factions has exactly one component of a society.
United cities equals economy
Shek Kingdom equals Army
Holy nation equals religion

Together, you basically have the Spanish Empire.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #800 on: April 02, 2019, 04:33:20 am »

Wait, but they said it was only going to take place a thousand years ago, didn’t they?

How could that be in the Old Empire, rather than the later part of Cat Lons Second Empire, the Holy Nation is about that old (Comparing the Phoenix being Phoenix 67 and the UKs has 41 monarchs in the last thousand years. Yes Phoenix is more likely to die because kenshi is a hellhole, but his reign also starts from birth each time which extends his regnant time)
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #801 on: April 02, 2019, 12:49:52 pm »

Wait, but they said it was only going to take place a thousand years ago, didn’t they?

How could that be in the Old Empire, rather than the later part of Cat Lons Second Empire, the Holy Nation is about that old (Comparing the Phoenix being Phoenix 67 and the UKs has 41 monarchs in the last thousand years. Yes Phoenix is more likely to die because kenshi is a hellhole, but his reign also starts from birth each time which extends his regnant time)

It does seem to be a contradiction.  The only explanation that makes sense to me is that the Holy Nation was a long running cult/religion during the Old Empire.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #802 on: April 02, 2019, 02:54:59 pm »

They said it's a thousand years ago, which should put it right at the end of Cat-Lon's empire. Otherwise they would have to have the giant skeletons tramping around, space elevators, satellites, all that futuristic stuff. Ingame, Second Empire and Old Empire are used relatively interchangeably, and the First Empire is supposed to be thousands and thousands of years before Kenshi 1.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #803 on: April 05, 2019, 12:04:49 am »

I guess that makes sense.  Sounds like basically the opposite of Holy Nation: Skeletons can move freely among the best parts of the map, everyone else gets enslaved.  Kinda dull actually.

EDIT: Sigh, I might have to put Kenshi down for a while.
See, KENSHI is short for:
Krashes Every Night Sometimes Hourly Iswear

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.
« Reply #804 on: April 05, 2019, 09:57:26 am »

I've heard a few people with crashes, but I haven't had a crash in Kenshi since way back in one of the prerelease versions. You should post about it on the official forums, someone might be able to track down why.
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link

Ulfarr

• Bay Watcher
  • Going on a pilgrimage to Mars
    • View Profile
« Reply #805 on: April 05, 2019, 10:52:23 am »

I've had a few crashes post release but I suspect it was one (or more) of the mods that I use.  There is also that note in every release log about memory shortage resulting in crashes too.

Do post a report to their forum though, there are still bugs in the game.
Bring Kobold Kamp to LNP! graphics compatibility fix.

So the conclusion I'm getting here is that we use QSPs because dwarves can't pilot submarines.

Tobel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Tobel Plays Youtube
« Reply #806 on: April 05, 2019, 12:02:24 pm »

I have a lot of crashes on my let's play, but it's more than likely that I'm running an unstable mod. Also bumped the world settings higher for more squads/nests.

Brotato

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Destroyer of Threads!
    • View Profile
« Reply #807 on: April 05, 2019, 12:18:41 pm »

Oh shit Tobel I've watched through almost your entire Let's Play before. Never even realized you were one and the same with Youtube Tobel. And yeah I get a lot of crashes too but I figure that's all the mods I have installed now.
Dwarf Fortress: The only game where people will hold a logical discussion about why dwarves are putting on clothes.
OK, I have to reload the save.
There was a bit of a problem regarding flashfreezing, a ballistae, and a barrel of dwarven ale. Gonna fix it up.

Tobel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Tobel Plays Youtube
« Reply #808 on: April 05, 2019, 01:06:15 pm »

Oh shit Tobel I've watched through almost your entire Let's Play before. Never even realized you were one and the same with Youtube Tobel. And yeah I get a lot of crashes too but I figure that's all the mods I have installed now.

Hey that's awesome! I'm worried what happens AFTER Kenshi. More Kenshi? But yeah I have B12 to thank for my roguelike passions.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #809 on: April 05, 2019, 09:10:08 pm »

I've had a few crashes post release but I suspect it was one (or more) of the mods that I use.  There is also that note in every release log about memory shortage resulting in crashes too.

Do post a report to their forum though, there are still bugs in the game.

How much memory should I have?  My rig is decent, but its loaded to capacity.  If I knew how much free space to maintain, it might help.
...yeah, the mods might also be causing problems, but I swear that I had crashes without the mods, mostly when changing areas.
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 68