Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 68

Author Topic: Kenshi - An open ended, squad-based Strategy RPG  (Read 178845 times)

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
  • Invokes Yog-Soggoth to bend time
    • View Profile
Re: Kenshi - An open ended, squad-based Strategy RPG
« Reply #750 on: February 22, 2019, 04:40:00 pm »

Isn't the easy of escaping slavery likely by design so slavery is not a game over, but just another emergent storytelling feature?

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: February 23, 2019, 08:53:12 pm »

I would reckon so. The first time it happens, it feels like a game over, but it really is quite easy to run away. There's a good amount of places to wait out the ex-slave tag, too.

It's probably hardest for Hivers - since they can't hang out in a hive village, and they also have a tendency to lose legs.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: February 24, 2019, 12:28:01 am »

"Hey No Feet. Now you No Legs as well."
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Ulfarr

• Bay Watcher
  • Going on a pilgrimage to Mars
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: February 24, 2019, 07:17:20 am »

That's what you get for not LOVIIING the QUEEEENN!
Bring Kobold Kamp to LNP! graphics compatibility fix.

So the conclusion I'm getting here is that we use QSPs because dwarves can't pilot submarines.

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: February 24, 2019, 12:22:26 pm »

BEEP IS THE STRONGEST!!!  THERE WILL BE CHANGES!!
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

etgfrog

• Bay Watcher
  • delete & NULL;
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: February 25, 2019, 01:38:37 pm »

So I decided to give that slave run a try and rebirth is a pain to try to escape from, 10 days and still haven't. On the other hand I managed to train one of the characters to 70 stealth and 40 assassin. Also I found you can take off the guard's boots while they sleep then put on slave shackles onto them, they dont take them off. I've also found out that putting guards into the prisoner cages will cause the other guards to enslave them.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2019, 02:15:48 pm by etgfrog »
"How dare you get angry after being scammed."

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: February 25, 2019, 03:10:02 pm »

I've also found out that putting guards into the prisoner cages will cause the other guards to enslave them.

"Sorry Bill, rules is rules. You in da cage, you a slave."
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.

chevil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: February 26, 2019, 09:42:49 am »

So I decided to give that slave run a try and rebirth is a pain to try to escape from, 10 days and still haven't. On the other hand I managed to train one of the characters to 70 stealth and 40 assassin. Also I found you can take off the guard's boots while they sleep then put on slave shackles onto them, they dont take them off. I've also found out that putting guards into the prisoner cages will cause the other guards to enslave them.
Those are some nice stats.

If you keep this up you will end up as the secret ruler of that slave camp.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: February 26, 2019, 01:03:27 pm »

I had 96 stealth, 68 toughness, and 76 lockpicking before I escaped on my current save. Plus a whole host of other skills in the 40s

Getting captured by slavers is the best way to safely beef a character up. Be aware that you are still accumulating offences though, my main character has a 155k bounty with the UC :/
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

etgfrog

• Bay Watcher
  • delete & NULL;
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: February 26, 2019, 01:17:33 pm »

Yep, the guard will throw you back into jail and bandage you up after each escape attempt. The only downside is you don't get the bed rest benefit that you do if you have an outpost that gets attacked regularly. I ended up with the character just running out of the gate while stealthed at night without a chase. One thing I did was kept grabbing the guard's food right in front of them then jumping into a jail cell. There was an oddity after escaping, one character had escape prison, assault and thievery charges for the bounty, then the other also had terrorism, I honestly have no clue what that was about but both escaped with 25k bounties on them. Currently I found a spot that is just south-east of waystation that has copper, iron, stone, water, arid and swamp biomes within range of the outpost, so I'm currently making a base there.

Shortly after I posted this a bandit raid was announced to be headed to there AND 2 beak things decided to wander over, this has some potential !FUN!. Edit again, its black dragon ninjas, 20 of them.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2019, 01:48:51 pm by etgfrog »

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
  • Invokes Yog-Soggoth to bend time
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: February 26, 2019, 01:48:24 pm »

Releasing other slaves is considered terrorism in UC. I'm not sure if it applies to the Holy Nation as well, regarding Rebirth.

etgfrog

• Bay Watcher
  • delete & NULL;
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: February 26, 2019, 02:45:38 pm »

Yeah, those ninjas have effectively taken over my base and are now sitting there in front of the research station. The stealth character can easily knock all of them out but I don't have a way of killing them. I see no reason to kill them, I can just knock them out, put them on the other side of the hill to let all my characters train stealth quickly.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2019, 02:52:50 pm by etgfrog »

Brotato

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Destroyer of Threads!
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: February 26, 2019, 05:47:22 pm »

Assuming you have the recruit prisoners mod, all you have to do is build some slave cages, knock those fuckers out, and recruit yourself a new army of ninjas.
Dwarf Fortress: The only game where people will hold a logical discussion about why dwarves are putting on clothes.
OK, I have to reload the save.
There was a bit of a problem regarding flashfreezing, a ballistae, and a barrel of dwarven ale. Gonna fix it up.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: February 26, 2019, 06:00:45 pm »

Not, actually. Unless they've updated the mod or something changed in the full release, the last time I tried to recruit a BDN, I didn't get any dialog options when they were in the cage.

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: February 26, 2019, 07:05:24 pm »

That's a bug due to the raid AI interacting with recruit prisoners' package.  You can in fact recruit BDN using recruit prisoners, they have a dialog path involving respect.
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 68