Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 68

Author Topic: Kenshi - An open ended, squad-based Strategy RPG  (Read 178884 times)

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
Re: Kenshi - An open ended, squad-based Strategy RPG
« Reply #510 on: July 01, 2018, 11:33:04 am »

Speaking of which. I got this the other day. Been looking at mods and stuff a little. Anyone got any must have mod suggestions for me? (Besides the obvious puppy backpack one I guess ;) )
Love, scriver~

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: July 01, 2018, 11:40:46 am »

Interior Design, Recruit Prisoners, Shidan's tweaks and fixes, and I strongly recommend RoboticsFix (this one implements separate containers for robotics components, which makes the AI actually function correctly when making robotics items, without these separate containers your workers are likely to get stuck in endless hauling loops).

I also endorse Ark Weapons Pack and its support mods AWP squads and AWP Vendors, but it's a good chunk of new content that can make the early game rather more lethal.

I use a few more but those are what I would consider the best.  All are available through the Steam Workshop and interior design, recruit prisoners and Shidan's tweaks are also on the Nexus.  AWP is too.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2018, 11:45:29 am by NullForceOmega »
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #512 on: July 01, 2018, 06:14:57 pm »

Ok, so I have two squads. Squad A is two escaped slaves that are digging up copper scrap so we can sell it. Squad B is my starting dude, who is pretty stealthy and good with lockpicks.

I want to leave Squad A to their mining, while Squad B goes and frees more slaves (and incidentally get a few more workers.

However, I'm worried that 1: Squad A will need constant babysitting to keep them from leaving the mine's inventory full, and 2: They'll be easy pickings for the next band of bandits or slavers that walks by the copper mine.

How can I automate the collecting-stuff-from-the-mine and fleeing-from-anyone-who-shows-up steps? Considering that I'm still hanging out in the Hub?
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: July 01, 2018, 06:27:41 pm »

Automating collection is easy, buy a house in town and build a copper storage (I have this exact setup at the hub). The two copper deposits closest to town are well within range for automatic hauling, as soon as the mine is full they will go put it in storage.

Automating defense... Is a bit harder, as in impossible. Best you can do is keep an eye on them for flashing portraits/squad name so you can go tell them to flee.
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: July 01, 2018, 08:05:24 pm »

Yeah, defense is pretty much always going to need direct input from you as a player, unless you hire a dozen shek, outfit them with the best gear you can, and a lot of healing supplies.  I did that, it was very amusing when they became so badass they could obliterate anything that showed up in moments.
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: July 02, 2018, 03:25:28 am »

Interior Design, Recruit Prisoners, Shidan's tweaks and fixes, and I strongly recommend RoboticsFix (this one implements separate containers for robotics components, which makes the AI actually function correctly when making robotics items, without these separate containers your workers are likely to get stuck in endless hauling loops).

I also endorse Ark Weapons Pack and its support mods AWP squads and AWP Vendors, but it's a good chunk of new content that can make the early game rather more lethal.

I use a few more but those are what I would consider the best.  All are available through the Steam Workshop and interior design, recruit prisoners and Shidan's tweaks are also on the Nexus.  AWP is too.

Thanks! They all sound good.
Love, scriver~

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: July 02, 2018, 09:36:19 am »

I may have to restart in order to start with some mods. But on the other hand I'm starting to really like Meow.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: July 02, 2018, 01:00:02 pm »

I may have to restart in order to start with some mods. But on the other hand I'm starting to really like Meow.
You can carry your characters over to a new game.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: July 02, 2018, 02:21:37 pm »

You can import characters, NPCs, inventories, research, and even your entire town if you want.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: July 02, 2018, 02:38:38 pm »

Oh, nice. That's so exactly what I wanted I didn't really expect that it'd exist.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: July 02, 2018, 11:46:29 pm »

How do you export characters from in-game though? Via the plastic surgeon or something?
Love, scriver~

azurelao

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: July 03, 2018, 12:19:32 am »

How do you export characters from in-game though? Via the plastic surgeon or something?

Click on "Import" on the main menu. You'll get a few options on what to import into your new map. Be cautious, though, as towns will get reshuffled and some shops might not be where they were before.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: July 03, 2018, 06:21:54 am »

Bought the game, what should the first thing I do be?

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: July 03, 2018, 08:41:14 am »

Bought the game, what should the first thing I do be?

do a throwaway game to learn the mechanics. start with the default start and wander around. everything will kick your ass sideways, so try to avoid fights in the beginning unless you're in town and even then it's a risk. when you're used to how the movement, actions and combat works, go to the hub and mine copper ore. this is quite grindy but it can be sold for quite a bit. after you get some money, find the ninja thieves tower in the hub and pay the entry fee to join them; you'll get access to their base and they'll help you if you get attacked.
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: July 03, 2018, 12:15:14 pm »

Also, probably most important - I got this game a few days ago and I just realised this - getting beat up isn't game over. Getting beat up is how you get better at fighting.

See, when I first started playing I assumed that because of all the other "this is a hard game scrub you're nobody special" signs this meant that it was the kind of game where once you got the slightest wound it was pretty much game over because it would never heal, but wounds heal fairly quickly as long as you don't run from combat to combat. Getting knocked out might cost your food or money but your character will endure. Usually.

Just don't go picking fight with people in large groups, or who are much higher level than you.

Or slavers.

Or cannibals.
Love, scriver~
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 68