Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 68

Author Topic: Kenshi - An open ended, squad-based Strategy RPG  (Read 178948 times)

Kazagarth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Kenshi - An open ended, squad-based Strategy RPG
« Reply #435 on: December 10, 2016, 02:42:50 am »

Is the map better than it was? I recall (unless it was another game), that they nerfed the map and it became super tiny (compared to what it was) and empty, with very few cities. Maybe it was another game though. I've always kept my eye on Kenshi, but something caused me not to buy it for some reason. I think its because a lot of reviews were saying how empty the new map was. Pretty sure it was Kenshi.

Its been on my wishlist for ages though, and looks like a helluva a lot of fun these days, a lot of improvements.

I also DID buy it many years ago, on another platform. It was a LONG time ago, so probably nowhere near finished. maybe it was even free (a demo?), don't remember. It was fun, but needed a lot of work at the time. That and my laptop I had couldn't run it smoothly at all. But that was a long time ago, and if I did buy it, I'd have to again.

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: December 10, 2016, 06:03:19 am »

And it's one of the most "Try before you buy" cases out there, to the point I really think they should put out a demo.

Like the demo they've had and kept mostly updated for several years (if I'm remembering right there was a demo version released the moment it was available for purchase)?  No content is locked out, there's not even a time limit.  The only restriction AFAIK is that stats/skills can't increase above 20.
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

Krevsin

• Bay Watcher
  • [RAINBOWS:REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: December 10, 2016, 06:17:06 am »

Is the demo still a couple versions behind the purchasable game though? I remember that being the case the last time I checked on it. Admittedly that was like a year and a half ago.

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: December 10, 2016, 07:14:27 am »

I believe it is, but that's due to the last few being opt-in experimental builds.
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #439 on: December 10, 2016, 08:30:33 am »

So there's a video of people running in tengu geta, and a video of people walking on sand in heels. Now if only I could find a video of people running on sand in tengu geta.
Either way, it's counter-productive as fuck. Get real shoes, jeez.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Krevsin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: December 10, 2016, 08:34:12 am »

So there's a video of people running in tengu geta, and a video of people walking on sand in heels. Now if only I could find a video of people running on sand in tengu geta.
Either way, it's counter-productive as fuck. Get real shoes, jeez.
But real shoes are expensive. Leather isn't cheap yo.

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: December 10, 2016, 10:50:24 am »

Actually, the shoddiest grade boots (Drifter's boots, 219 creds) is cheaper than most types of edibles (everything excluding Raw Greenfruit, Dried Fish, Dried Meat, and Chewsticks).
« Last Edit: December 10, 2016, 10:52:31 am by Blaze »

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: December 10, 2016, 10:55:23 am »

The map is huuuuuuge now on the latest experimental, likely 2-3x the size of the old map. Tons more variety in factions, new weapons, unarmed martial arts, new creatures the list goes on and on, if you haven't checked it out since the new world came out I definitely recommend a revisit.

Krevsin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: December 10, 2016, 11:47:34 am »

Actually, the shoddiest grade boots (Drifter's boots, 219 creds) is cheaper than most types of edibles (everything excluding Raw Greenfruit, Dried Fish, Dried Meat, and Chewsticks).
And the sandals are even cheaper, so why waste perfectly good food money on an extravagance like actual shoes and proper clothing. :P

In fact why bother wearing clothing, shoes or weapons at all, you're just wasting money you could save for food. /endcheeky

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: December 10, 2016, 10:48:55 pm »

HNGGGG... This game is AMAZING!

Also, spawned in Holy Nation farmland. Looted a bit, got my sneak up, trained on dummies, helped "pacify" some escaped servants, then made my way to a local town.

...Where I ended up sneaking into the prison tower, looting all the prisoners, let a few of them go (picklock skill went way up), started exploring, found a dust bandit camp, started a battle battle between paladins and dusters, looted them all after knockout, sold a bunch of stuff and now have 10k, some pretty acceptable gear, and a mid-grade falchion or some such. :)

So, one of the dust bandit bosses has a bounty of 2.5k - how do I claim that bounty??
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: December 10, 2016, 11:31:22 pm »

HNGGGG... This game is AMAZING!

Also, spawned in Holy Nation farmland. Looted a bit, got my sneak up, trained on dummies, helped "pacify" some escaped servants, then made my way to a local town.

...Where I ended up sneaking into the prison tower, looting all the prisoners, let a few of them go (picklock skill went way up), started exploring, found a dust bandit camp, started a battle battle between paladins and dusters, looted them all after knockout, sold a bunch of stuff and now have 10k, some pretty acceptable gear, and a mid-grade falchion or some such. :)

So, one of the dust bandit bosses has a bounty of 2.5k - how do I claim that bounty??

Pick up body and take them to town. Talk to local lawman.

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: December 11, 2016, 12:03:11 am »

Alternatively just walk in and slap them into a cage, you automatically get the cash

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: December 11, 2016, 01:34:38 am »

Alternatively just walk in and slap them into a cage, you automatically get the cash
Where's the fun/theme in that?

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #448 on: December 11, 2016, 03:41:33 am »

And the sandals are even cheaper, so why waste perfectly good food money on an extravagance like actual shoes and proper clothing. :P

In fact why bother wearing clothing, shoes or weapons at all, you're just wasting money you could save for food. /endcheeky
You can eat your shoes.
You can't wear your sandwich.

Checkmate.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Krevsin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: December 11, 2016, 09:43:30 am »

You can eat your shoes.
You can't wear your sandwich.

Checkmate.
Oh no, my brilliant argument has been unraveled like a poorly made woolen sweater! I am undone!
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 68