Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 68

Author Topic: Kenshi - An open ended, squad-based Strategy RPG  (Read 178995 times)

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Kenshi - An open ended, squad-based Strategy RPG
« Reply #390 on: March 31, 2016, 11:41:22 pm »

Have you tried forcing the game to only run on only one core? It's a long shot but what do you have to lose by trying besides time?

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: March 31, 2016, 11:48:42 pm »

I got nothing but crashes  :'(

update, after validating the files and selecting the "new world" and "rebirth" mods it works again.

The validation fixed it, those mods were left in by mistake and shouldn't be included.
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

Exerosp

• Bay Watcher
  • Not Caught Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: April 01, 2016, 01:31:48 am »

update, after validating the files and selecting the "new world" and "rebirth" mods it works again.

The validation fixed it, those mods were left in by mistake and shouldn't be included.
Use the new world mod, the rebirth mod shouldn't be there.
The new world mod is the new map, no?
I've been using that mod just fine.

There's just some bugs, but the staffs are working on to fix according to their twitter. Like adding building materials to buildings. Or spawning in the no-beta zones, or paladins spawning in two factions ending up in civil war.

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: April 01, 2016, 01:56:21 am »

There's just some bugs, but the staffs are working on to fix according to their twitter. Like adding building materials to buildings. Or spawning in the no-beta zones, or paladins spawning in two factions ending up in civil war.

No, the new map is there as standard.  As I said, neither mod is meant to be included.
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

Exerosp

• Bay Watcher
  • Not Caught Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: April 01, 2016, 02:06:46 am »

No, the new map is there as standard.  As I said, neither mod is meant to be included.
Oh would you look at that. Could've sworn it was meant to be the mod. Could explain why one might end up in distant parts of the map.

Ygdrad

• Bay Watcher
  • Overanalyzing and overthinking EVERYTHING.
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: April 01, 2016, 03:35:47 am »

Have you tried forcing the game to only run on only one core? It's a long shot but what do you have to lose by trying besides time?

Unless you know of a piece of software aside from a virtual machine that will make the game not see my cpu as a dual core, which it will still see it as if I force single threading or if I switch its affinity to just one core, there's no way to have it work at the moment. Only option that might have a chance of working would be toying with the registry entries that define the cpu for windows and remove a core, but that's extreme and taking risks since windows 10 can get real stupid about cores once you start toying with them. It kept "losing" 2 of my old quad cpu's cores randomly every other update and I had to manually change their hardware description in the registry to get all cores back online.
A yawn is a silent scream for coffee.

Mattk50

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: April 01, 2016, 08:03:25 am »

STEVE-9000 the Skeleton spawned outside of the allowed area and was completely unable to move. Think I'll give it a few days before trying again.
You just got lucky. One of the potential spawn points is outside the allowed area right now.

also skeletons arent really good starting things, the only way to heal is repair kits that cost 2k for 500  and are hard to find. I get the impression someone doing an all skeleton 6 man start might have quite a bit of fun though with all that hp.

Xardalas

• Bay Watcher
  • Being bored and stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: April 02, 2016, 03:43:30 pm »

Been a few patches and I can run the game right now actually. Runs fairly well for me actually, haven't had a crash yet. Animals seem to be fixed now and actually fight you now at least.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: April 04, 2016, 01:12:26 pm »

The devs of this game are really pissing me off. The new versions are only available through the "steam experimental" branch, and the last "stable" version is anything but. It seems that they never update the non-steam version anymore.

It wouldn't bee too bad if I could use steam, but I can't (no internet on my game machine). I am starting to wish I could get a refund...
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: April 04, 2016, 01:55:09 pm »

No internet on your gaming machine? Damn that sounds pretty restrictive/hella annoying.  :-\

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: April 04, 2016, 02:08:29 pm »

I have dealt with that before...it is very annoying lol

Exerosp

• Bay Watcher
  • Not Caught Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: April 04, 2016, 02:40:52 pm »

The devs of this game are really pissing me off. The new versions are only available through the "steam experimental" branch, and the last "stable" version is anything but. It seems that they never update the non-steam version anymore.

It wouldn't bee too bad if I could use steam, but I can't (no internet on my game machine). I am starting to wish I could get a refund...
You got a phone with wifi? Because that's a way to get net on your game machine.

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: April 04, 2016, 03:52:57 pm »

Tethering works really well...just be mindful of data costs...I had to do this for the last 6 months

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: April 04, 2016, 04:27:57 pm »

I just use a laptop at the library to download what I need (three cheers for DRM free games!), take it home, and move everything over to the "real computer" via a handy ethernet cable.

The laptop sucks for everything but basic web browsing,but it makes an OK data-shuttle...

I could get internet where I live, but it's kinda expensive... I would prefer to be able to buy games instead :P

I bought Kenshi specifically because they had a DRM free version available, and now they never update it.
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: April 04, 2016, 06:36:23 pm »

I could get internet where I live, but it's kinda expensive... I would prefer to be able to buy games instead :P

You're about a decade too late for that friend, it's all digital now.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 68