Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 68

Author Topic: Kenshi - An open ended, squad-based Strategy RPG  (Read 178965 times)

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.
Re: Kenshi - An open ended, squad-based Strategy RPG
« Reply #330 on: December 11, 2014, 06:28:31 pm »

Haha, the "Leviathan" is horribly broken right now. It randomly hits everything around it for huge amounts without actually moving, so you can't even anticipate the attacks. I had my squad of 10 elite guys attack one and they all dropped in like 3 seconds due to the area attack thing. This is the same squad that can attack any town in the game and massacre everything with barely any wounds. They ran up and started hitting it but it didn't stop it it counterattacking all of them at once, and after the first hit they all did their "im hurt" animation and got hit again before attacking it again. Then the third hit and they were all down except one who had a broken arm and was trying to run, but got taken out before he got away.

It could be that particular one that was bugged out though, I haven't seen other Leviathans yet. He was acting strangely - walking sideways and stuff.
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: December 11, 2014, 08:32:12 pm »

Welp, my game crashes every time I leave the starting city... guess I'll have to hold off for a fix.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: December 17, 2014, 01:06:10 pm »

D'aww, just saw unarmed combat was about the lowest priority the devs had.
Guess it will be quite awhile before I can be Kenshiro and make peoples head asplode :P

Still, plenty of things that need that attention ALOT more (I'm looking at you dialogue/general interaction *waggles fist*)
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: December 17, 2014, 06:44:10 pm »

If you have crashing problems, check the following:
1. Do you have your grass/foliage settings set to 0? That causes foliage crashes, set those settings to default.
2. Note that experimental versions almost require a 64-bit OS or you'll crash tons.
3. Did you build anything in older versions? Buildings you've built aggregate in the game's files and tend to cause problems in newer versions; do a fresh install to clear them..

Ghills

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: December 17, 2014, 07:46:18 pm »

Glad to see this is still going.

How is the RPG end of it so far? Are there people and an economy to interact with yet, or is development more focused on gameplay and coding the basics?
I AM POINTY DEATH INCARNATE
Ye know, being an usurper overseer gone mad with power isn't too bad. It's honestly not that different from being a normal overseer.
To summarize:
They do an epic face. If that fails, they beat said object to death with their beard.

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: December 17, 2014, 08:32:11 pm »

From what I've seen, they're focusing on fixing bugs, so if you crash or encounter a bug, check on the forum and see if it's been reported or not. If not, send in the crash dump.

It's certainly much more stable, but still suffers from questionable optimization.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: December 17, 2014, 11:21:05 pm »

Just had my first crash. Was having such fun building up mah outhousepost too!

Got the game yesterday, didn't crash till today. That's not actually all that bad for an alpha.

EDIT: Ok, so questions for anyone who's done some !!SCIENCE!! with this. Anyone know what purpose, if any, the "weapon slot 2" serves? Does it add its damage/skill stats to the main weapon's, or does it make your character "half and half" it? (one attack with main, then one with secondary)
Or is it just a "backup" for some future point when disarmament becomes a thing??

I have similar questions about putting two weapons into the main slot as well. Is there any difference with this method?
« Last Edit: December 18, 2014, 06:46:19 am by BFEL »

Indeed, I do this.

Tobel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Tobel Plays Youtube
« Reply #337 on: December 18, 2014, 09:20:36 am »

EDIT: Ok, so questions for anyone who's done some !!SCIENCE!! with this. Anyone know what purpose, if any, the "weapon slot 2" serves? Does it add its damage/skill stats to the main weapon's, or does it make your character "half and half" it? (one attack with main, then one with secondary)
Or is it just a "backup" for some future point when disarmament becomes a thing??

I have similar questions about putting two weapons into the main slot as well. Is there any difference with this method?

If I recall, you can wield larger two handed weapons in the primary weapon slot (like a katana or large chopper). Your weapon slot 2 is for a smaller, one handed sword. If one of your arms loses functionality you should be able to then auto swap to the one handed weapon. I don't know if this is a feature yet or not.

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
  • Invokes Yog-Soggoth to bend time
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: December 18, 2014, 09:26:16 am »

Maybe it is preparation for ranged weapons? So you can have a ranged weapon and a melee weapon set.

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: December 18, 2014, 11:39:39 am »

I assume its in preparation for disarmament/two weapon fighting/ranged weapons etc? anything and everything it can be used for I suppose

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: December 18, 2014, 02:33:14 pm »

Ah, that makes sense.

What about the "two smaller weapons in the main slot" one? I saw NPC samurai using that, so I was wondering if perhaps there is some gameplay benefit to doing so? Perhaps the devs plan to add dual wielding? Would certainly be interesting if nothing else.

Indeed, I do this.

Tobel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Tobel Plays Youtube
« Reply #341 on: December 19, 2014, 12:24:13 pm »

Patch dropped today, 70.5. Can't find notes yet.

Mattk50

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: December 31, 2014, 09:10:06 pm »

Patch dropped today, 70.5. Can't find notes yet.
they are on the site, but patch notes can always be found in a txt in the game folder.

etgfrog

• Bay Watcher
  • delete & NULL;
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: June 09, 2015, 09:44:43 am »

So the UI of the game has been updated and several problems with it running slow/freezing seems to be gone now.
"How dare you get angry after being scammed."

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: June 09, 2015, 09:49:20 am »

The UI is pretty nifty now.  Plus you can have up to 50 people, 10 per squad, unmodded.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 68