Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 68

Author Topic: Kenshi - An open ended, squad-based Strategy RPG  (Read 178899 times)

Moogie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Kenshi - An open ended, squad-based Strategy RPG
« Reply #285 on: April 30, 2014, 08:45:51 am »

Glad to hear that about the teleporting! Is there somewhere I can read a list of 'known issues'? Other people get the "characters sleeping upside down on beds" thing too, right? :D

Turning shadows off(or on minimum) always helps, no matter the game.

I know, but in this game it REALLY helps! Like, way more than it should. Or rather, the shadows take way more processing power than they should, even when set to the lowest quality and draw distance.

On that note, 1024 seems pretty big for the 'minimum' setting. Somehow they still end up looking very fuzzy and grainy, as if the game is blurring them to hide the fact that they're low res. Perhaps that's what makes it so slow?
I once shot a bear in the eye with a bow on the first shot, cut it up, found another one, and shot it in the eye too. The collective pile of meat weighed more than my house.

Karkov

• Bay Watcher
  • There's been a distinct lack of Praisin' recently.
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: April 30, 2014, 12:41:48 pm »

Glad to hear that about the teleporting! Is there somewhere I can read a list of 'known issues'? Other people get the "characters sleeping upside down on beds" thing too, right? :D

Well I used to have a really weird glitch show up after healing someone, and then immediately using a machine.  Not sure if it's still unfixed or not.  Usually made your character into a contortionist at the time.

Spoiler: Contortionist time! (click to show/hide)

Zireael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: April 30, 2014, 02:41:14 pm »

Omg I'd download it but it's 1 GB!

Moogie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: April 30, 2014, 02:43:05 pm »

I am so jealous of your GUI. :( Half of the text in mine is unreadable. Some of it doesn't even fit inside the boxes. What resolution do you use?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I once shot a bear in the eye with a bow on the first shot, cut it up, found another one, and shot it in the eye too. The collective pile of meat weighed more than my house.

Karkov

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: April 30, 2014, 03:05:10 pm »

I am so jealous of your GUI. :( Half of the text in mine is unreadable. Some of it doesn't even fit inside the boxes. What resolution do you use?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I usually play Kenshi on my main monitor, which is 1920x1080.  You should probably send the creator a notice that you can't read it on lower resolutions. o:

Moogie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: April 30, 2014, 05:13:09 pm »

No point if the whole thing is going to be revamped soon.

I spied some UI .xml files in the game folder, I may try fiddling around with them and seeing what happens.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: April 30, 2014, 05:44:06 pm »

i have 1080 and cant read anything thats under weapon speed multiplier

Karkov

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: April 30, 2014, 07:22:45 pm »

i have 1080 and cant read anything thats under weapon speed multiplier

Oh, right.  I think that's still a thing.  The contortionist screenshot is before he added toughness in.  It was just a really rare bug that I found that I'm pretty sure wouldn'tve been brought to his attention anyway.  I have a more recent screenshot on my steam account, but I'm stuck at work and can't really access it until I return home later.

I think the GUI did get cramped, or at least shoved out of it's little box.  It was designed for the earlier version, but when he added more it didn't utilize it perfectly.  If the whole thing is to be revamped, I'm pretty sure it'll get fixed then.

Also:  Did anyone else find research times to increase dramatically?  It takes me a couple of days to research a 4 hour tech.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: April 30, 2014, 07:28:13 pm »

Ae you up to date? Is your researcher skilled? You can see your tech multiplier.

Karkov

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: April 30, 2014, 07:30:43 pm »

Ae you up to date? Is your researcher skilled? You can see your tech multiplier.

Game is up to date.  He was getting there, but even at a .40x multiplier he was still taking 3 days on a 2 hour research.  Didn't make too much sense at the time.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: April 30, 2014, 07:39:42 pm »

Are you running an old save or running a building import save? Problems arise there.

Karkov

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: April 30, 2014, 07:44:27 pm »

Nah, had to redownload and start new.  Usually when I do the building import it just makes the collision detection turn off for a while.

It was just one of those weird things that popped up.  Whenever he does a patch I'll redownload and play it again (my hard drive died recently and took everything with it.  Alas, the Kenshi was not spared).

vagel7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: May 26, 2014, 02:23:53 pm »

So guys, is this game worth nine euros and should I get it now or wait?

Also, do you think it will ever be finished and is it in a ready enough state to buy right now?
That last gobbo would stand there, missing an arm, punctured in a kidney, liver, and spleen, fading in and out of consciousness at the far end of where the drawbridge would go, and his last sight would be the drawbridge dropping down and smashing him like a bug.

God DAMN I love this game!

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: May 26, 2014, 02:27:27 pm »

There are things to do and people to kill. Soon there will be fauna.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: May 26, 2014, 05:49:39 pm »

theres a beta version out right now that added more control over base management and lots of rebalance for the production buildings.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 68