Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 68

Author Topic: Kenshi - An open ended, squad-based Strategy RPG  (Read 178967 times)

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Kenshi - An open ended, squad-based Strategy RPG
« Reply #225 on: December 22, 2013, 10:26:07 pm »

It's on Steam. No clue about other services.

hermes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: January 25, 2014, 09:16:44 am »

I just chilled out to this game again, filling time before DF2177, and it is really good.  The music is just amazingly atmospheric, and since that update the game now also has females, cannibals and a new medical/injury system.  No severances yet (?) unfortunately but hopefully that will come soon.

It should get more quests and whatnot soon I guess, but as it is it does require a certain mindset to play.
We can only guess at the longing of the creator. Someone who would need to create one such as you. - A Computer
I've been working on this type of thing...

jashman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #227 on: January 28, 2014, 04:57:08 pm »

Currently on Steam for 33% off. Fortuitous, considering I just added it to my wishlist a few days ago after playing with the demo a bit and was debating buying it at full price. Steam knows.

Tobel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Tobel Plays Youtube
« Reply #228 on: January 28, 2014, 06:01:05 pm »

The team has increased the frequency of updates, focusing on smaller updates more often. So far so good. The latest build seems to be fairly stable so you should get some enjoyment out of it.

Karkov

• Bay Watcher
  • There's been a distinct lack of Praisin' recently.
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: January 28, 2014, 06:38:59 pm »

Didn't realize we had a thread for this.  I'm curious as to how large the modding community is for it, just realized it was up today.  Anybody messed with them yet?

The team has increased the frequency of updates, focusing on smaller updates more often. So far so good. The latest build seems to be fairly stable so you should get some enjoyment out of it.

Yeah, tinier updates are nice.  Walls are dumb and bug ever so often, so you end up with people running straight though walls (but he said something about switching to a different engine or something soon and that should fix that).  Just place another set of walls around your walls that they run through, and that should be at least a temporary fix.  Everything else is pretty good for now.

On stability, there's something weird with the shaders when you enter a building ever so often that might result in a CTD.  Just remember that F5 is the quicksave key and you should be fine (or turn off fancy shaders or whatnot).
« Last Edit: January 28, 2014, 06:41:42 pm by Karkov »

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: January 28, 2014, 06:52:14 pm »

There was never much in the way of mods, but the people that know about this game is relatively small. I think there's maybe one old mod that gets updated to work with new versions.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: January 28, 2014, 06:56:11 pm »

I don't know if it currently work but had tons of fun with the zombie mod

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: January 28, 2014, 06:59:51 pm »

The game has cannibals. It's also not a zombie game. Why would you need zombies?
« Last Edit: January 28, 2014, 07:43:23 pm by BigD145 »

Karkov

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: January 28, 2014, 07:11:13 pm »

The game has cannibals? It's also not a zombie game. Why would you need zombies?

I could see a zombie mod being kind of fun in later patches with turrets and stuff.

I wonder, when will ranged weapons will be implemented?

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: January 28, 2014, 07:43:57 pm »

The game has cannibals? It's also not a zombie game. Why would you need zombies?

I could see a zombie mod being kind of fun in later patches with turrets and stuff.

I can't see that as fun at all.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: January 28, 2014, 08:00:55 pm »

I suppose it depends. With the melee focus a zombie mod could be fun managing your team of zombie slayers, especially with building your own forts and stuff. I think I'd rather just do normal sword fighting stuff myself though.

Speaking of the melee, I wonder what sorts of plans there are for alternate weapons, such as polearms or even blunt weapons, there must be martial arts for quarterstaves around that would fit into this game.

Karkov

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: January 28, 2014, 08:23:29 pm »

I suppose it depends. With the melee focus a zombie mod could be fun managing your team of zombie slayers, especially with building your own forts and stuff. I think I'd rather just do normal sword fighting stuff myself though.

Speaking of the melee, I wonder what sorts of plans there are for alternate weapons, such as polearms or even blunt weapons, there must be martial arts for quarterstaves around that would fit into this game.

I know that he eventually plans to have unarmed and ranged fighting.  Ranged being bows, turrets, and I think he had harpoons down?  Not quite certain, he said something about unarmed coming eventually, but no short-term plans for it so far.  I'll make sure I'm remembering correctly when I get home.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: January 28, 2014, 08:25:45 pm »

There are already roving bands of enemies. Why would zombies need to be a thing?

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: January 28, 2014, 08:32:34 pm »

There are already roving bands of enemies. Why would zombies need to be a thing?
Not in the base game, as a mod. And some people like zombie mods.
I know that he eventually plans to have unarmed and ranged fighting.  Ranged being bows, turrets, and I think he had harpoons down?  Not quite certain, he said something about unarmed coming eventually, but no short-term plans for it so far.  I'll make sure I'm remembering correctly when I get home.
It is still kinda weird to me how he says 'harpoons.' All I can imagine is firing a harpoon into somebody tethered by a rope, and then what? Is it for brutally capturing people? Or just a way to more easily retrieve ammunition? Or is it really just going to be 'crossbows' or dart guns of some sort just with a bigger 'bolt?'

I heard about the unarmed fighting, but I'm just hoping it isn't all going to be sword-type fighting.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: January 28, 2014, 10:10:47 pm »

I just hope there will be some sort of parrying/counterattacking/disarming system. Especially for unarmed combat.

... And necksnapping, there definitely should necksnapping.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 68