Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 68

Author Topic: Kenshi - An open ended, squad-based Strategy RPG  (Read 179006 times)

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
Re: Kenshi - An open ended, squad-based Strategy RPG
« Reply #195 on: July 03, 2013, 06:17:02 pm »

And it's been in that state for the past 2 or 3 years. I think that's the general problem with Unity, GameMaker and those integrated gamedev systems. It's really easy to get something quick that looks sellable, but then unless you really know what you're doing, it bogs down and development can become ultra-slow with a less experienced developer.

Granted, I haven't been following the development too closely, but the game does not appear very different from when I tried it years ago. I'd love to be shown wrong an enlightened though :)
Definite difference from a few years ago since now you can start building a settlement, bounty rewards, faction rating.

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese blacksmithing forum!
« Reply #196 on: July 03, 2013, 08:09:55 pm »

Nice! I should give it another try! :)

krisslanza

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: July 03, 2013, 08:15:39 pm »

Is this game a try yet or not? I saw it on Steam but I'm wary of it... it does seem kind of interesting though.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: July 03, 2013, 08:32:27 pm »

Is this game a try yet or not? I saw it on Steam but I'm wary of it... it does seem kind of interesting though.

My two cents is it is a try not.

It is interesting but that is as far as the entertainment value goes at the moment. There isn't much to do other then walk around for hours doing nothing and building crude buildings.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: July 16, 2013, 11:03:23 pm »

Anyone still playing this?

Not the most to do, but it's fun trying to get your characters to become bad-asses, seems like a long road to settlement, but at least that gives you a goal to work towards! I just picked this up during summer sale and have been playin' it for a couple of hours, seemed to be enjoyable, and once it gets some more features and sound (and polish), it looking to be pretty cool.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: July 17, 2013, 02:35:29 am »

I play it a bit after each update but not enough to spoil it in the long run when the final version comes out...that's my usual early access alpha/beta policy...

jakeread1

• Bay Watcher
  • Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan, I got this.
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: July 18, 2013, 02:01:39 am »

IMHO, I love the game, but it does get rather boring. Especially the settlement building part, where you just stare at the screen for 10 minutes waiting to build your first house, so you can then wait another 5 minutes to build a generator, then you get to wait another 5 minutes for a stone processor etc. However, I still find it to be an overall enjoyable experience, and things are being added at a pretty good. I recommend buying it now, playing it, then waiting a few years and do a run of everything new. I also imagine by the time it's finished the replay ability will have skyrocketed.
New Character awaits a epic black vs hood black vs straight up black fight!
http://www.youtube.com/user/jakeread1 <----- that there is my youtube channel!

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: July 18, 2013, 05:24:51 am »

I fire it up every 3 months or so and get disappointed that there still isn't much to do. I really don't understand how progress is so slow on this one compared to almost all other 1 man games in development, especially considering how much money he has raked in.
Only a simple mind can be certain.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: July 18, 2013, 02:38:32 pm »

I fire it up every 3 months or so and get disappointed that there still isn't much to do. I really don't understand how progress is so slow on this one compared to almost all other 1 man games in development, especially considering how much money he has raked in.
He just hired a bunch of guys last month

Myself, game developer extraordinaire.
Sam Gynn, full-time programmer with a beard.
3D Masala, freelance art studio, something like 8-10 artists I think.  I don't know.
Kole Hicks, freelance sound designer.  Beard status unknown.
Chris Roberts, part-time freelance technical artist.  No beard, but he used to work for David Braben, which is badass.
Vurt, famous foliage modder.  He will hopefully be joining sometime after next update, working on world design.  Beard status unknown.

so i think the one man band is now done over.
From what he has discussed hes still currently finishing up character development (more customization and females) and integrating sound and getting the walls back, after that we would see the finally needed biomes update.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2013, 02:41:09 pm by Tellemurius »

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: July 18, 2013, 03:02:38 pm »

I hope this means that he has doubled the programming output and not that the new programmer is taking over that duty alone while he just supervises.
Only a simple mind can be certain.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: July 18, 2013, 03:17:31 pm »

I hope this means that he has doubled the programming output and not that the new programmer is taking over that duty alone while he just supervises.
well he made a second dev post for this month if that says anything for progress :P

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: July 18, 2013, 05:03:21 pm »

I do hope that there's more than just deserts in the game. A desert should be a harsh and unforgiving place only ventured by the hardiest of people, I.E. the place you go once your characters are more beefed up.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: July 18, 2013, 05:08:51 pm »

I do hope that there's more than just deserts in the game. A desert should be a harsh and unforgiving place only ventured by the hardiest of people, I.E. the place you go once your characters are more beefed up.
you have Vurt the modder who has created many many awesome foliage mods for the Elder scrolls games and other sorts working on this game and the new programmer Sam has added in water so i think when the biomes update rolls out the fun starts kicking in.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 68